Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

SAFMUTD

Completely agree with all of that.

Imagine playing an opponent and being 1-0 in the 75th minute with your opponent not playing all that well, and they somehow still score 3 goals against you. It's completely demoralising. It feels fecking amazing to know that we can do this. :drool:
Exactly, it builds within the squad if you got that X factor you never give up, you know no matter how shitty you're playing you can get the result and the opposition knows it as well they're nervous they know even though they dominated the whole match it can change in any moment.

Small steps of improvement, ten Hag is the real deal.

Tman

What a man, what a manager! A really top level elite genius.

edcunited1878

I love how close this team and coaching staff are. Also, it's great to have McClaren back at the club. Another genius move from ten Hag.
McClaren was the manager at Twente FC and his first assistant manager in Holland was none other than...EtH. That one year they spent together was reciprocated last year, with McClaren being brought back into the fold 20 years since he left United.

McClaren was a good manager on his own right and obviously he knows what it takes to win in England and at United with his time under SAF. McClaren reinforces his understanding, knowledge, mentality, and belief that he sees with EtH. The master giving back in those little moments to his once pupil, who is now the master/boss, it priceless.

I'll say it again...EtH with Mitchell van der Gaag and McClaren...that's a powerhouse group anyway you cut it up.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Since I have watch Utd for more than 40 years, ETH has single handedly brought back the winning culture. I know Ole couldn't make it, he looks clueless when we are down and unable to make in-game adjust. Jose always brought the negative vibe with everyone which include media, referee and players. Winning EPL and champions league doesn't seems to be unrealistic anymore. Just 3-4 quality signing would be enough. Let's get in a new owner and fund those transfers.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
Impressed and delighted with Ten Hag so far, and I hope that United's next owners, whoever they are, will stick with him.

So why do I find myself waiting for a terrible crash to happen? He's done everything right, best United manager since SAF; and still, for some reason I'm unconvinced! I guess it could be down to all of the 'false dawns' of the past decade; Solskjaer's amazing honeymoon period, followed by two years of mediocrity, Mourinho's trophies in 2017 followed by borderline mutiny the season after. I hope ETH is different, all the signs are good at least.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
He has exceeded my expectations so far and that’s got nothing to do with winning last Sunday .
The belief is back. The swagger is back. The joy in watching United is back .
Hope he gets to buy who he wants in the summer .

mav_9me

This is huge for me.

When people say stuff in interviews, you dont know how much is empty plaudits and how much is genuine.

But this is spontaneous from a man who has pretty much seen it all.

mav_9me

It was a good squad and he spent 200m, let's not lose our heads
Assuming you are not a rival trolling, I get what you are saying, its hard to stay grounded.

But heres the thing, find me a post before the summer which said it was a good squad.

And we are clearly overachieving for the squad we have even after spending 200m on top of a "good squad".

pav1790

Impressed and delighted with Ten Hag so far, and I hope that United's next owners, whoever they are, will stick with him.

So why do I find myself waiting for a terrible crash to happen? He's done everything right, best United manager since SAF; and still, for some reason I'm unconvinced! I guess it could be down to all of the 'false dawns' of the past decade; Solskjaer's amazing honeymoon period, followed by two years of mediocrity, Mourinho's trophies in 2017 followed by borderline mutiny the season after. I hope ETH is different, all the signs are good at least.
I think the meltdown under Ole broke me. Others were somewhat understandable.

Eric is definitely a lot more prepared for the job and a lot more backed. And comes with a lot more pedigree to command respect. And some of the characters either have left or have been side lined.

In his club, you play if boss says you play. Not because of your name or transfer fee or form. This creates a culture of competition. But Eric also seems to be a lot more consistent in his use of carrot and the stick. Dropping Rashford. Dropping Maguire. Ridding the club of Ronaldo. Managing how Sancho comes back. There's a lot to be said of his man management.

I won't disparage Ole - I do think there's some good in what he did at the club. Compared to Mou who was just a wasted 2-and-a-half-year project. But him and EtH are very different sort of managers. Ole was almost too diffident - it seems ultimately.

ManRed

Remembered watching this video when he signed for us. Just rewatched it and goosebumps

Gordon S

Assuming you are not a rival trolling, I get what you are saying, its hard to stay grounded.

But heres the thing, find me a post before the summer which said it was a good squad.

And we are clearly overachieving for the squad we have even after spending 200m on top of a "good squad".
As much as i am buzzing now, i think he has a point. Before the absolutely clusterfeck of a season last year, this team, without Casemiro, Varane and Martinez, and with an inferior manager, managed to sneak into top 3 two years in a row, and got far in most cups if my mind isn´t playing tricks on me, including a final in Europa league which is nothing to be scuffed at.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
This guy is just pure genius. From selecting his staff all the way to manage in games. Incredible turnaround

Real Name

Whenever we concede I'm like it's all good we'll score, no worries.

Unlike last few season when conceding usually meant we're gonna lose.

Also Old Trafford is a fortress again, we look unbeatable. Hell we look unbeatable wherever we play nowadays.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
As much as i am buzzing now, i think he has a point. Before the absolutely clusterfeck of a season last year, this team, without Casemiro, Varane and Martinez, and with an inferior manager, managed to sneak into top 3 two years in a row, and got far in most cups if my mind isn´t playing tricks on me, including a final in Europa league which is nothing to be scuffed at.
And yet so many seem to think it was the worst period of United's history. Last season's clusterfeck can be attributed to a handful of reasons. And a couple of them have left.

dove

Because finishing 3rd with 66 points is nothing to boast about as it was a freak season, that amount of points usually gives 6th place. Anyone watching our games could feel the inevitable collapse was coming because we never played well really against anyone.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
And yet so many seem to think it was the worst period of United's history. Last season's clusterfeck can be attributed to a handful of reasons. And a couple of them have left.
Difference now is we have a manager who makes them win that final. Getting to finals is fine, but only if you win them.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It is great that even when we go a goal down you don't feel it is over. The OT crowd know it as well, in recent years they would be on players backs making them even more nervous. Now they raise the volume and drive the team on. The fans are making a big difference because they now have confidence in the team and the manager to make the right decisions. That if something hasn't worked he is not too proud to makes changes to put things right.

Sir Erik ten Hag

Among worst periods in CAF's history, may be. The constant division was unbearable.