Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Eli Zee

Perhaps should have played the team differently... but still, when enough players stop playing or have an off day and the other team is scoring almost every time they take a shot on target, this is the result you get.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
There should be no discussion.

He should have been sacked already.

Keeping him still is like displaying a carcas of his managerial stint. He'll never recover from it.

If Klopp, who won them PL and CL got his team this humiliated we'd be laughing at them for keeping him around, nevermind this guy who "showed flashes" of his ability.

Oh and the signings he picks go to Anfield to touch the crest!!?

Kick him out!
:lol: :lol:

sometimes I’m not sure if these are joke posts

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Same poster. 24 hours after Liverpool beat us 5-0.
:wenger:

i loved and stuck up for ole more than most maybe, but ten Haag is a different level and what he’s done so far is superb. It does make me sick that he oversaw our biggest ever hiding, both for myself and him but hopefully that’ll just be a footnote in a long successful time here

Robbie Boy

Same poster. 24 hours after Liverpool beat us 5-0.
I went back to the 5 nil thread, and let's just say that certain posters that popped up in here giving ETH shit, were far more sympathetic to Ole. Even though we were in a far worse place back then.

SuperiorXI

The 7-0 was so obviously a result of mental fragility inflicted long term since SAF left. It's going to take him time to get that out of the team. Some players might be able to adapt, some will have to go.

We've been thrashed too often for it to be just chance.

Sviken

We just won a cup. Beat Barcelona. We have gone toe to toe at home, beaten Arsenal, City, and Liverpool. The drubbings away from do need to stop but, I feel it’s a bit unfair to say they’re not capable of being at the required level. Should we bin off Varane and Casemiro as well? they didn’t exactly cover themselves in glory yesterday either.
We also got some good results during Ole's tenure, it doesn't change the fact of the matter. Casemiro and Varane were awful, true, but they have a proven track record and one match doesn't change that. The problem with the players I previously managed is that it is an occurring thing with them, not an one off that you can just write off and I fear that with the majority of them its far too late for Ten Hag to instill a winning mentality in them. Even in the last years of Sir Alex tenure, when we had absolute dross of players, they were still going to give it their all because nothing short of a win was acceptable to them. You'll never see a team or even individual players under Sir Alex just give up in the middle of a match.

Cas18

Glad ETH and Rashford are supporting Bruno in the press conference. Shouldn't have needed to be said but for Nevilles bad mouthing and lies. Hope next time ETH does one of those pitch side interviews and Nevilles there he gives him the cold shoulder or even better calls him out to his face.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Love how classy ETH is. Doesn’t blame the players. He says we’re all in it together. Win and lose together. That’s a proper spirit.

Apokalips

Yeah but the way he was excusing Ole and tearing into ETH, clear he is a hater and is worried abt us under ETH. Why he would post that nonsense is beyond me.
But at the same time, people nowadays are so weird in defending their convictions. There are definitely people who loved Ole that want Ten Hag to fail so as to vindicate their opinion that Ole was helpless and could have won us trophies but for xyz (non-Ole related) reason holding us back.

Boggles the mind.

redshaw

Best thing we can do is stick together, make result look like a blip or anomaly and carry on what we were doing and improve our away performance and tactics.

NFM

There was only one player starting on Sunday I would have changed if in ETH shoes, WB rather than DD, as we know Anfield is a place you have to defend well. Probably the first goal not scored with WB at RB covering his CH. That would have set up 2nd half differently and who knows..
But talking about defending, Shaw faced with excellent wingers such as Saka and Salah goes missing. He was fortunate not to be up against Raphina at Barca.
Strange set up with Bruno etc , didn't help the team on the break. And the substitutions made matters worse.
I have remarked before that many of the players before ETH time have consistently shown brittle mentality. He is not a miracle worker, he is a very competent manager/coach but several players still need changing before there is a consistently mentally strong team. And at this level most of the difference is between the ears.

Flexdegea

There should be no discussion.

He should have been sacked already.

Keeping him still is like displaying a carcas of his managerial stint. He'll never recover from it.

If Klopp, who won them PL and CL got his team this humiliated we'd be laughing at them for keeping him around, nevermind this guy who "showed flashes" of his ability.

Oh and the signings he picks go to Anfield to touch the crest!!?

Kick him out!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How are these posts allowed

Flexdegea

Glad ETH and Rashford are supporting Bruno in the press conference. Shouldn't have needed to be said but for Nevilles bad mouthing and lies. Hope next time ETH does one of those pitch side interviews and Nevilles there he gives him the cold shoulder or even better calls him out to his face.

Neville's behaviour around our players some times during live games is a disgrace.

I love Neville, but he's beyond shite when we play, always talking penalties, and red cards for stuff that not even close, or he has even seen properly, it's truly bizarre at times. The constant banging into Bruno every game is getting stupid too.

Always passing anything he does as a dive, then the replay would show it wasn't what he claimed, he doesn't even correct the original remark he made.

Would pass of Bruno getting fouled for a penalty as nothing, while when it's the other way against us would claim it's a penalty. It's so strange and hard to deny it.

Even the Shaw tackle that last game, you have thought Shaw kicked him, then replay wasn't even anything in it at all, prob more Nunez lashing out, but Neville was foaming big time.

Has happened so many times as well over the last year or so. I know he's a a huge fan and loves the club, but he's so bad when commentating on us. You just have to listen to carragher, wouldn't mind him being biased like that to be honest.

romufc

There was only one player starting on Sunday I would have changed if in ETH shoes, WB rather than DD, as we know Anfield is a place you have to defend well. Probably the first goal not scored with WB at RB covering his CH. That would have set up 2nd half differently and who knows..
But talking about defending, Shaw faced with excellent wingers such as Saka and Salah goes missing. He was fortunate not to be up against Raphina at Barca.
Strange set up with Bruno etc , didn't help the team on the break. And the substitutions made matters worse.
I have remarked before that many of the players before ETH time have consistently shown brittle mentality. He is not a miracle worker, he is a very competent manager/coach but several players still need changing before there is a consistently mentally strong team. And at this level most of the difference is between the ears.
We can talk about individuals all day, even with DD we could have defended the 1st goal alot better, Fred gets caught in no mans land, loses his marker, then Varane sells himself knowing Gapko is right footed giving him the easiest of tasks.

I just think that game mentally, the team switched off and were not there, it can happen with the number of games we have had.

This team has always struggled mentally coping with hype, after the run, league cup, FA cup last min winner, they thought they are untouchable and we have seen it in the recent years.

Ten Hag needs to change this and make sure the team is switched on at all times.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
We're missing a proper striker up front who guarantees goals. Maybe we should look into re-signing Lukaku. Yes, if ETH doesn't see the merit of signing Lukaku then I think we're in trouble.

Judas

Open to offers
We're missing a proper striker up front who guarantees goals. Maybe we should look into re-signing Lukaku. Yes, if ETH doesn't see the merit of signing Lukaku then I think we're in trouble.
This post has made my head hurt the most today, well done. I’m assuming it’s a parody, but there’s so many genuinely scary opinions on here after Sunday. Lukaku :lol: :houllier:

Cloud7

Good solid quotes. No throwing anyone under the bus or pointing fingers. Accepting that everyone involved was at fault and that we have to bounce back. That's what you want to hear from your manager.

Flexdegea

Damn when I thought the posts today couldn't get any worse :lol:

Flexdegea

His post is ridiculous, but people are allowed to have different opinions than you. Do you need a safe space to protect you from his post?

So you took all this from me laughing at how ridiculous that post was, you seem to be taking it as a serious post and he not trolling :lol:

Eli Zee

Do you think ETH shows the players footage of fans reactions to us getting absolutely battered as a way to say, hey, if you're not going to do it for yourself, at least do it for them? Or something along the lines of that...?

Valencia Shin Crosses

Tbh if we just look at potential, I do think Antony has better raw attributes than Sancho. Left footed of course is more rare, but he is very press resistant, has excellent close control, has a great shot from range, has excellent technique... It's mental/decision making for him. He's ridiculously cautious with the ball while being selfish which is a weird mix on that he'll just ruin counters by not passing it but he also won't go at his fullback too often. Just slows down and plays it square or tries to shoot through traffic. In terms of agility, balance, even pace, work rate, technique/control/shooting ability... I think it's all there for him to be world class. Most of football is mental though, and that's where he has to develop.

Sancho on the other hand is a very smart player, lacks confidence sure but knowing when to pass/dribble/shoot I don't see as an issue for him. I do think he is far more limited with pace/agility/technique than Antony though. Both could go at their fullbacks more often.

I do think there's an outcome where Antony basically turns into Robben. Unlikely, but potential wise it's there. I don't see that level for Sancho, though what he did as a young player for Dortmund was ridiculously good, just more a good not great talent being an extremely smart player.
I strongly disagree that Sancho is worse technically than Antony. Sancho has elite touch, close control, and vision/passing ability in the final third. He's not explosive/direct enough often times, but there's a reason he put up some of the best production in Europe as a teenager especially from a creative standpoint. I think he needs to be more lethal with his ball striking when presented chances to really go from a luxury player with nice feet to one that can be counted on for consistent production.

Antony lacks the explosive pace of Robben and is also a worse carrier with the ball. He's got nice feet in tight spaces and his generally relentless in his defensive work which helps our shape in and out of possession, but he's essentially a 0 creatively both in passing/crossing ability and just general inventiveness. So you're left with a one footed Right Winger with a nice cut in shot but neither the direct take on ability of Robben nor the creativity of Di Maria with the same one footed profile. His tenacity and defensive work means at his worse he can still be "useful", but it's the profile of a 35m player you'd buy off of Wolves or someone, not an 80m one.

Robbie Boy

Do you think ETH shows the players footage of fans reactions to us getting absolutely battered as a way to say, hey, if you're not going to do it for yourself, at least do it for them? Or something along the lines of that...?
He should show them the Caf, and make them all read their player performance threads. That'll whip them into shape.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
He should show them the Caf, and make them all read their player performance threads. That'll whip them into shape.
Depends how much some of them care. I think the new lads genuinely care about this club and they just had a bit of a wobble.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I just hope that he will get a top striker this summer. Which will end playing Rashford and Bruno out of position.
After 3 days am still fuming at that decision to give Trent an easy ride.