Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

How many of you would be prepared to give ETH 1 more full season to prove himself?

• Yes

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 28 80.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

klsv

The moaners :lol: You beat the fifth side in La Liga 4-1 and the manager is still wrong, not even going into the shit spouting in the match day thread. Only in sex masochism...

Swedish_Plumber

Problem is we are crap at the actual scoring part :lol:

Anyways, nice response tonight. Didn't think we were particularly sharp or good tonight, Betis were terrible. But that match could have turned into a shitshow after the equalizer and DDG near howler, and we didn't let it affect us.
Too right! :lol:

Seems like we need a near DDG howler on the stroke of half time to fire us up against Spanish opposition!

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
The drop might not be as drastic as you believe. We lost 0-7 with Casemiro, Varane, Bruno.
You speak like it's an unknown quantity. We know what happens when the others play..

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
That may be so but you are proving to be a very big hypocrite in how you judge and support United managers.
How so? I just gave Ten Hag credit for getting it right a few minutes ago, and supported his right to pick the starting XI. What about that is hypocritical?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Many great decisions today but Bruno has to play at 10 or midfield. No more wing play for him

Teja

Can everybody calm down now?
Nah, all of the 'we're title challengers' brigade will be out in full force now. All the people with balanced opinions get drowned out whenever there's a big win or a loss.

RedIan

ETH got every decision perfect tonight. 10/10
any detractors should go support Oldham.
we win together we loose together.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
From mentality mayonaise to mentality monster once again.
I swear if he can make us bounce back as if that game never happened, he is the one. That's what Sir Alex did.

Rustyspider13

The best thing about EtH is that he has gotten the big calls right. Making the players run after Brentford, benching Maguire and Ronaldo, lots of subs leading to goals and now getting a reaction from 10 out of 11 who got smashed. You can see the logic in his decisions and so far it has mostly worked out.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Looks like Pool match didn't changed his aim or schedule. On his way to the later stages for a further silverware scoop. That result is crucial.

Robbie Boy

I am not sure what I said that made you so annoyed, care to elaborate?
It's funny that you only reemerged in here (like a few others) after Sunday. You seem to be microanalysising ETH's decisions but gave Ole a totally free pass, and were condescending to anyone who questioned him.

It's extreme hypocritical and you hardly thought people would just forget your antics during the Ole era, did you?

ShinjiNinja26

The fact he persisted with Dalot despite his poor performances is a worry.

If he starts AWB the next few games then any doubts will be removed.
I don’t think he’ll have any issue dropping Dalot if he’s not performing, especially when AWB is. I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts AWB at the weekend.

Robbie Boy

I don’t think he’ll have any issue dropping Dalot if he’s not performing, especially when AWB is. I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts AWB at the weekend.
It's hardly a big deal, yeah. There's not much between them, but AWB maybe should have started tonight. Nothing worth being critical over.

Irwin99

Got a reaction from the majority of players except for the final ten minutes of the first half when things were a bit worrying. I'm pretty sure he knows he needs a new goalkeeper, striker and midfielder but that will come next season hopefully.

People are being a bit harsh on Antony and Weghorst. The latter obviously isn't a great player but he's still contributing to the team in most games and is a stop gap until Martial gets fit (if only!!!) and we can get a proper striker in the summer. Antony is frustrating as anything but is still young and in his first season at the club. Surely people can see the good parts of his game as well the bad ones?

ManRed

Ballsy to go with the same team and then humble to change AWB for Dalot at half time. Good subs at the right time and finally played everyone in position.

Lights Out

Who knows - maybe ‘that’ result might be a blessing in disguise for the rest of the season.

Eddy_JukeZ

I really hope he's decided on replacing De Gea in the summer.

He's an incredible manager, so I hope we nail this summer in terms of incomings/outgoings.

NFM

ETH is a very competent coach/manager. United have won a cup already and are in a good position to qualify for the CL. The UEFA Cup has some very good sides in the draw and City are in the FA Cup draw, so its not going to be easy to win either.
Every team starts level at the start of the season. United are about where you would expect them to be given the squad of players they have. In the league they have been helped by Chelsea and Liverpool's problems.
I am enjoying watching games again which is a good sign, but the squad needs more depth in midfield and at center forward. For periods in a lot of matches DdG gives the impression of being the best attacking midfielder for the opposition given the amount of times he gives passes to opposition forwards. The club including ETH need to address these issues.
The acid test for ETH is winning the league. Do this and he becomes a very good manager rather than competent. Early days, signs are good, but lets not go overboard, there may yet be 'second season syndrome' problems.

Flexdegea

It's funny that you only reemerged in here (like a few others) after Sunday. You seem to be microanalysising ETH's decisions but gave Ole a totally free pass, and were condescending to anyone who questioned him.

It's extreme hypocritical and you hardly thought people would just forget your antics during the Ole era, did you?

I loved Ole. But starting to see how it felt for me back then, thought it was just folk who where just backing the manager, but seems some are just carrying flat out agendas, and wild double standards.

I just don't get it.