Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

astracrazy

I know a lot of people are complaining but come on. Typical redcafe meltdown. People getting concerned....really?

Two of our three midfields are out who are a cut above the rest.

We have no striker.

Our players are quiet obviously gassed.

I can't wait for the season to end in a way, we have been too successful for our own good becausw don't have the secondary squad to see i through. EtH hasn't got bad overnight, come on guys.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Not really enjoying the complete lack of wanting to control games. You can attempt it with any set of players you don’t need the best of the best. I’d like to see a lot more effort going into looking like we can actually control a game.

Appletonred

For the 1st time this season I think Ten Hag has to come in for some criticism in the sense that there's actually better options than Mctominay and Weghorst and that he has been too pragmatic in team selection albeit injuries haven't helped but he still has better at his disposal than what he has been going with and that is a bit of a concern.

fezzerUTD

I know a lot of people are complaining but come on. Typical redcafe meltdown.

Two of our three midfields are out who are a cut above the rest.

We have no striker.

Our players are quiet obviously gassed.

I can't wait for the season to end, we have been too successful for our own good. EtH hasn't got bad overnight, come on guys.
Some have had 2 weeks off others at least a week come on with this bs.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Concern is really starting to grow. Erik has worked miracles since he got here, but we’ve gotten accustomed to seeing new managers have a good early spell, only for things to slowly unravel. Praying that’s not the case this time around.

Recent performances have been so surprising. Can’t get my head around the time wasting on goal kicks against Newcastle today and Liverpool the other week. Hard to see what we’re trying to achieve; these are games we should be looking to win. Though we were always likely to experience a sticky patch when injuries and suspensions began to mount, current form is worrying.
He hasn't. Newcastle had a much worst squad than us and now around our level after spending a similar amount.

We are only in the top 4 because Liverpool and Chelsea are in meltdown.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Interesting set of changes to say the least..

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I'd be more critical of ETH's team selection if I knew who the hell ye all thought he should have picked today that would have made a difference.

Weghorst is bad. But our only other option to play at CF is Rashford, who is worse in that position than at LW. And for the sake of moving our biggest goal threat into a position he's worse you'd be bringing in Sancho, who has also had a poor season. Meanwhile in midfield he had to pick two of Fred, McTominay and Sabitzer, with any combination of those three not being good.

The squad is weak and changes to the starting eleven only offered even the hope of marginal improvement. Seems weird to be overly vitriolic on that front.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Just clueless today. Worst than anything under Ole. At least he had moments of individual magic which are very difficult when you play a total donkey upfront.
You clearly have a very short memory.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What was the point of taking off both CBs? Terrible tactics all game.

PoTMS

Worrying that we look like we did under Rangnick or Ole without Casemiro.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Weird subs. Sancho for Antony and then taking off both CBs

Jev

He hasn't. Newcastle had a much worst squad than us and now around our level after spending a similar amount.

We are only in the top 4 because Liverpool and Chelsea are in meltdown.
Yeah, must say I'm struggling to see the miracles. There were promising signs earlier in the season but our form since the turn of the year has been really worrying. We don't look better at the moment than we did under Ole. He's also not helping himself with his favouritism with Antony and Weghorst. We could easily finish fifth with one cup trophy.

rajds89

5 steps forwards, 10 steps back. Performances like this are happening to often. I don’t see the progression everyone tries to convince me we’ve made.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Shite today. Terrible starting selection, woeful subs and a real lack of ideas when attacking.

The doubts have arrived for me.

lysglimt

Scout
I am more and more leaning towards ETH being somewhat overrated - he just made a smart move signing Casemiro. Let's be realistic, without Casemiro we are certainly not better than under previous managers

talking robot

Can't understand why we don't just put another player in midfield when playing away against top teams to solidify the midfield...especially with Casemeiro out.

lsd

The Oracle
Absolutely pathetic performance from is today and he has to shoulder his share of the blame.

When you play garbage from the first kick and he can't turn it around even slightly then it's poor.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
First time he’s going to come under pressure. 1 point out of 9, a performance today as hopeless as anything from last year, but worst of all, genuinely idiotic substitutions that could only go one way.

RedDevilRoshi

I don’t know what he was thinking of when he subbed both Varane & Martinez off and decides to play Lindelof as a lone CB. Just uncharacteristically mind boggling to say the least.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Newcastle we in the relegation zone in Jan 2022. Now after spending a similar amount to us and hiring Eddie Howe they are ahead of us. Yet people think ETH is working miracles? :rolleyes:

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why does he do weird things in away games? It's absurd.

Also has some real bias or blind spots to certain players.

Lets see how he does next year.