Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

How many of you would be prepared to give ETH 1 more full season to prove himself?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheReligion

Abusive
I've posted this in this thread already but I'll do it again. Does anyone really expect that we will get 6-7 class players this summer?

I know ETH is the flavor of the month, but not a single sane business owner would give him 300 mil to splash in a summer, it's a big risk.

He'll get 2-3 players this summer and, if the season starts and ends well, maybe 1 in the winter and couple more next summer. He ain't no Pep or Klopp, this is his first venture into managing a very big club and it's completely alright for the club to be cautious , considering the absolute shit job the previous managers/club structure have done with them transfers.

Let's see what he can do with 2-3 good players and maybe, just maybe, a few loans and then give him the option to spend on whoever the feck he wants. Otherwise, we're back to square 1 and all the appointments and changes to the club's structure would mean jack shit.
He will get in more than 2-3 players. Quote me on that.

There’s at least 5 first team players leaving on frees, then Greenwood to look at and Martial to move on (and others).

There might be 2/3 household name signings but they’ll be a few other lesser known players too.

dubplate warrior

It's nice to see ETH is briefing the media daily about his detailed plans for the squad. We already know by now who the core group will be, the players he's planning to give a second chance, who we're going to sell, and few of the players we're going to buy.⅘
In reality it's a club brief setting expectations for the summer. If we look to buy a starting centre back, despite what the article insinuates, Maguire will lose his place.

nainaisson

It's nice to see ETH is briefing the media daily about his detailed plans for the squad. We already know by now who the core group will be, the players he's planning to give a second chance, who we're going to sell, and few of the players we're going to buy.
I read a Telegraph article that claims there are eight players in his "core group," but I've never seen a list of who those players are. Who are they?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I read a Telegraph article that claims there are eight players in his "core group," but I've never seen a list of who those players are. Who are they?
8 sounds too much.

Im guessing:
DDG/Dean
Dalot
Varane
Garner
VDB
Bruno
Sancho
Ronaldo

But Ronaldo doesn’t make sense for rebuilding is he? unless if ETH meant only for ‘’next season’‘. May be Shaw instead of Ronaldo assuming he was referring the 8 players for long term rebuilding.

hobbers

Burt's article is misleading because obviously Varane is in the core group not Maguire. If we sign a left footed CB he'll inevitably end up replacing Maguire not Varane, if he's fit.

If anyone with half a brain was to pick a core of 8 current players it'd be De Gea, Varane, Fred, Bruno, Sancho, Ronaldo plus two more. Dalot/Shaw and VdB/McTominay maybe. At least we can guarantee none of that lot will be replaced this summer unless Ronaldo asks to leave.

From that article it's clear AWB, Maguire and Rashford can't be considered part of it because he's yet to run the rule on them.

Last edited:

-Supreme-

Then where is your academy player ?
I can only speculate based on the article that it’s referring to the current first team regulars and I have no doubt ETH will utilise the academy players as the season progresses.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
8 sounds too much.

Im guessing:
DDG/Dean
Dalot
Varane
Garner
VDB
Bruno
Sancho
Ronaldo

But Ronaldo doesn’t make sense for rebuilding is he? unless if ETH meant only for ‘’next season’‘. May be Shaw instead of Ronaldo assuming he was referring the 8 players for long term rebuilding.
No way Dalot is on that list, and Garner is a huge question mark

RogerMooresEyeBrow

Surely something to the tune of “Tulips from Amsterdam” would seem more fitting. Barring the fact he isn’t actually from Amsterdam of course.

Along the lines of…

“When we win again we’ll sing again,

Ten Hag from Amsterdam,

With a style that's true we give to you,

Ten Hag from Amsterdam,

We can't wait until the day you return

United to ways of years gone by,

Like the windmill keeps on turning,

The reds keep on yearning,

For the day I know we can,

Sing again Ten Hag from Amsterdam”

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
The song is that bad it makes me wish we'd got Poch.

The basis of the song is "part of his name is also a number in our language, that's funny"

Horrendous.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
There was a reliable report out a while back that Ajax banned ETH from discussing stuff with United 2 days prior any games. This is good news, as it's confirmation ETH is already working with our bonobos coordinating transfers and stuff.

Good shit.

dove

Are we the only club in the world creating chants for the managers before they even step a foot here? So cringe.

Acquire Me

Surely something to the tune of “Tulips from Amsterdam” would seem more fitting. Barring the fact he isn’t actually from Amsterdam of course.

Along the lines of…

“When we win again we’ll sing again,

Ten Hag from Amsterdam,

With a style that's true we give to you,

Ten Hag from Amsterdam,

We can't wait until the day you return

United to ways of years gone by,

Like the windmill keeps on turning,

The reds keep on yearning,

For the day I know we can,

Sing again Ten Hag from Amsterdam”
That’s not bad at all. Too bad his from some place called Haaksbergen.

Jacob

Excuse my ignorance but has he done any official United interview? If not, what has he said about the club so far?

dubplate warrior

Burt's article is misleading because obviously Varane is in the core group not Maguire. If we sign a left footed CB he'll inevitably end up replacing Maguire not Varane, if he's fit.

If anyone with half a brain was to pick a core of 8 current players it'd be De Gea, Varane, Fred, Bruno, Sancho, Ronaldo plus two more. Dalot/Shaw and VdB/McTominay maybe. At least we can guarantee none of that lot will be replaced this summer unless Ronaldo asks to leave.

From that article it's clear AWB, Maguire and Rashford can't be considered part of it because he's yet to run the rule on them.
Mctominay is nowhere near good enough to be on that list. No manager who values possession would want to utilise him. He's rubbish at the fundamentals.