Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Vapor trail

If you think Dalot is the better player then it’s too late for you to start understanding football.
I have to agree Dalot is a liability and his offensive capabilities aren't enough of a merit to make up being so poor defensively.

Vapor trail

So what makes up for AWB being so dismal defensively?
AWB has shown himself to be proficient defensively. It's his attacking dynamics where he struggles.

Dalot on the other hand is offensively average and defensively poor. His showing against Everton in 2019 Goodison park has to be the worst performance of a fullback I have seen.

hobbers

AWB has shown himself to be proficient defensively. It's his attacking dynamics where he struggles.

Dalot on the other hand is offensively average and defensively poor. His showing against Everton in 2019 Goodison park has to be the worst performance of a fullback I have seen.
No he hasn't. He's good at last ditch slide tackles. That's it. His positioning is terrible. Aerially non-existent. Very easy to play around. Lapses in concentration. Always the one playing attackers onside. etc etc.

The fact he has so many opportunities to make last ditch slide tackles when he plays is only testament to what a poor player he is. 100% reactive.

Vapor trail

No he hasn't. He's good at last ditch slide tackles. That's it. His positioning is terrible. Aerially non-existent. Very easy to play around. Lapses in concentration. Always the one playing attackers onside. etc etc.

The fact he has so many opportunities to make last ditch slide tackles when he plays is only testament to what a poor player he is. 100% reactive.
Can't really argue with those points I have however seen performances where AWB has performed well defensively. Tackle is a tackle at the end of the day if he intercepts the ball that's all that matters. For all Dalot represents he's even worse defensively. I think much like when Pep joined the City, United will need newer fullbacks but in assessing which player is a more consistent liability Dalot is right up there.

hobbers

Can't really argue with those points I have however seen performances where AWB has performed well defensively. Tackle is a tackle at the end of the day if he intercepts the ball that's all that matters. For all Dalot represents he's even worse defensively. I think much like when Pep joined the City, United will need newer fullbacks but in assessing which player is a more consistent liability Dalot is right up there.
Depends on the manager to be fair. For a manager like Ole or Mourinho, who don't want their sides to have the ball, AWB is more suitable. But if you give any of ETH, Pep, Klopp etc the choice between AWB and Dalot they'll all pick Dalot. Because at least he has the raw ingredients and a chance to be moulded into a pressing, proactive player, and because unlike AWB he doesn't have a conference north standard of first touch.

Chairman Steve

I love that ETH is moving stuff forward for us even while still being Ajax manager technically, compared to Moyes who fecked off on holiday in Florida for three weeks.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Love the fact ten Hag is determined to do everything possible to make sure he succeeds and that shows in his interview for the job, he made sure it was the right choice to accept the offer and that things would improve behind the scenes. Let’s trust his judgement and hope he works miracles and improves some of the current squad aswell as bedding in new signings. New era next season, should be a massive improvement all round… can’t get any worse to be honest though.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Reports of him sticking with that fraud, Eric Ramsey.
Edit: not a fraud I suppose.

Last edited:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I was disappointed to hear that as well. What was it, 140 without scoring? Can't believe he is staying.
While having some of the best aerialy capable center backs and possibly the greatest header of the ball ever.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I was disappointed to hear that as well. What was it, 140 without scoring? Can't believe he is staying.
He’s a defensive set piece coach, he doesn’t work on the offensive set pieces.

ti vu

Weird time. Seems like he's doing all the sensible things. Things that had not been done here for long time. I am not sure I'm used to this level of positive.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Do you think he would know better or you would?
He probably does, but this is a football forum, won't stop me from running my mouth.
Also his dismal record since his arrival speaks for itself.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
He probably does, but this is a football forum, won't stop me from running my mouth.
Also his dismal record since his arrival speaks for itself.
Well
Someone above did correct it in the sense that he is the defensive set piece coach, not the offensive

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Not really. I see us being better at defending set pieces after he joined. How many set piece goals did we concede? Aside from indirect free kicks of course.
Can't find anything on the internet but was sure I saw something on sky putting us at the bottom of the league, maybe it was from the previous season and I'm having it mixed up.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Can't find anything on the internet but was sure I saw something on sky putting us at the bottom of the league, maybe it was from the previous season and I'm having it mixed up.
Last season United conceded 14 goals from set pieces, which was the second-worst in the league behind Leeds United. This year, since Ramsay arrived, United have conceded only four times from set plays in the Premier League.

You may want to revisit calling Ramsey a fraud.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Last season United conceded 14 goals from set pieces, which was the second-worst in the league behind Leeds United. This year, since Ramsay arrived, United have conceded only four times from set plays in the Premier League.

Alright mate I'm going to edit that :nervous:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Conceding a corner last season legitimately felt like the other team was getting a penalty we were that bad at defending them :lol: