Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Im waiting for the players to let him down or not be able to play the way he wants and then for some the idiotic fans to turn on him.

You know its bound to happen.
It’s beyond irony you calling other fans idiots :lol:

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Why do you think you are part of the other fans whom i called idiotic ?

Maybe you subconsciously accept my accusation.
I’ve just seen a good few of your posts and have formed my opinions on that basis…

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
When was the last time we appointed a manager in time for a full pre season im excited to see all the pre season and how we evolve our style of play. I want to see green shoots in pre season and a recognised shift in play early next season.

HOWEVER the latest comments of Ralf on CR7 and some of the other squad members leading them to compromise on the style of play as they aren’t up to it is a bit of a worry ETH will find the same.
Van Gaal maybe? I remember his pre-season in the USA - we went full Cruyff-ball and ripped apart LA Galaxy 7-0. I may have said some daft stuff about the upcoming season after that. Then we lost to Swansea on opening day.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Sorry if someone has posted a good summary or created a thread about, but what are we hoping to see style-wise witg ETH if hes given the tools to implement his ideas? The work has been praised a lot with Ajax but havent seen them much at all except the odd CL games.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
Sorry if someone has posted a good summary or created a thread about, but what are we hoping to see style-wise witg ETH if hes given the tools to implement his ideas? The work has been praised a lot with Ajax but havent seen them much at all except the odd CL games.
Attacking, dominant, high-pace football with a lot of pressure. I think the only players in your squad which can do it are Bruno, Ronaldo, Sancho, DvB, Rashford, Shaw, Varane and maybe Fred. It requires technical players with some football IQ.
From what I’ ve seen you guys have some really promising youngsters which can easily adapt. We play with a high line defence.

Your defense and midfield need additional players for it to work.

People like McTom and AWB will be useless for ETH.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think his principle is possession based, attacking, progressive ball from the back (so need technical player in defense), and intense press as mentioned by the Ajax fan. He plays different system from 18/19 to this season. I think that shows his flexbility that he can put the same priciple on various systems depends on the players he has. Different to Conte where Conte needs 3 at the back of 352 or 343 to execute his principle.

Foxbatt

Attacking, dominant, high-pace football with a lot of pressure. I think the only players in your squad which can do it are Bruno, Ronaldo, Sancho, DvB, Rashford, Shaw, Varane and maybe Fred. It requires technical players with some football IQ.
From what I’ ve seen you guys have some really promising youngsters which can easily adapt. We play with a high line defence.

You also need a brain to play that style of football. Rashford doesn't have it.

Loon

:lol:
I wonder if he’ll stay out of sight today? Or will there be the usual “shot in the stands” thing.

Wezzaldo

I’m waiting for the first leaks to come out about how the players are already unhappy with ten Hag after he orders them to come back for pre season 2 weeks earlier so he can implement his style and ideas quicker.
Probably get the PFA saying this is a breach of their rights, etc…..

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Lets see if this bunch of overpaid, entitled, cry baby players can deliver him Europa League football next season.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
I wonder if he’ll stay out of sight today? Or will there be the usual “shot in the stands” thing.
The two ways he is out of sight today is if he stays in hotel and watch the game on tv. Or he gets on the roof like that French guy yesterday, don't think cameras will look for him there. But there is danger of becoming suicidal after watching our Divas.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp

I think his principle is possession based, attacking, progressive ball from the back (so need technical player in defense), and intense press as mentioned by the Ajax fan. He plays different system from 18/19 to this season. I think that shows his flexbility that he can put the same priciple on various systems depends on the players he has. Different to Conte where Conte needs 3 at the back of 352 or 343 to execute his principle.
You lads have got me excited now, thanks appreciate the summaries!

city-puma

How long do we think it will take ten Hag to get his ideas across and we start to see his style of play come to life?
Definitely the first game. Whether or not it goes well is a different story. You won’t believe a manager like ETH will abandon his philosophy completely under any setback. He might adjust and complement the play to adapt to EPL.

leon24

Enjoy watching him later while he’s still out manager because he’ll quit after watching us play today.

Kag

I do like how ‘active’ he seems to be already. It’d have been easy to blend into the background and wait six weeks before making his presence felt.

Not sure how much difference it makes, if any, but it’s a positive sign.

jesperjaap

I think his first official staff meeting after watching us today will probably be renegotiating for a better transfer budget