Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

How many of you would be prepared to give ETH 1 more full season to prove himself?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Worrying that he didn't substitute Mctominay after about 30 minutes and let him play for more than 70 minutes.

Shark

@NotShark
Utterly crap start. Hope this isn't the beginning of the end at literally the beginning. Players looked totally devoid of ideas.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Wrong decision not to play Ronaldo. Payed for it.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
The recruitment is worrying me.

He seems to want only players he’s either managed or played against in the past.
Yeah and this will inevitably cause this season to be a write off.

BlueHaze

What in the absolute feck was that I just watched? We created more chances even with Rangnick. Absolute shit show.

Leg-End

Work to do, I just hope he sees this squad for what it is after that start.

el3mel

While these players are hopeless case, his game management today was shambolic as well, hard to feel sorry for him after such subs, before it I could give him excuses, but he made the matters just worse.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Needs to quickly realise there’s too many players in this squad who can’t be trusted to start.

Woodzy

Early days to judge him but will say the timing on that triple sub was bizarre.

cyberman

Looked a lot better with Eriksen deep with he and Martinez playing the ball forward. Need to build from that and stop with McFred. How shit do they have to be before they’re dropped? Are our other options worse than that?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
It’s good this happened now. I’ll bet a number of things will be addressed going into the next game.

Having blind faith in these players who have failed time and again is folly of the highest order.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Not his fault. The club is shit top to bottom and haven’t got a clue at how to fix it.

Like I said before the season starts, United are going to be fighting for the 6th and 7th place position but they might flirt with 5th

This squad top to bottom is so much worse then all the other 5 clubs ahead of them.

CM

We need some signings to help this guy out. McTominay and Fred having to start with no new forwards is unacceptable.

Dinghy

If he were happy with the games against AM and Vallecano, he'll be happy about this one as well. Fecking Arnautovich...

Lecland07

To be honest, why are people surprised? This was always going to take years to fix. It was never going to happen this season. No matter who we sign, we are never getting top four this season. Accept it.

Mike Smalling

Moyes started with a win. Mourinho started with a win. Ole started with a win. Ralfy started with a win.

It's not all it's cracked up to be. Or something.

Mullet_Man

I think he underestimates how poor we are and how good the EPL is.
Very amateurish from him and those in charge of manutd.
Brighton did well away at the top teams last season, we are not a top team, they battered essential the same United team last season.

It's going to be a long season but what we need to do is back the manager, it's one game FFS.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Yeah not a great start for him. Some of the decisions were bizarre. Not starting Ronaldo, McT playing 75 mins. Rashford staying on the pitch for so long.

Yagami

Good post resistant
No idea why he didn't bring Garnacho on sooner, or have Iqbal on the bench. Two players good under pressure.

Trequarista10

His stubbornness will be his undoing
Dutch managers have a reputation for being stubborn. I'll give him patience, but I think he'll pretty quickly make some decisive changes. Moving Eriksen from false 9 to 6 in the second half today is a good example. I just hope he realises McTominay is useless sooner rather than later, and that although Fred is an awful 6 he's actually a decent ball winning 8 (infinitely better than McTominay).

Abraxas

Pretty brutal start. That first half was absolutely horrendous.

The second they picked it up a bit, but not spectacularly. You would expect a period of pressure as Brighton protect their lead.

Hopefully he's learnt a fair bit from a first competitive fixture.

My only Eric

Just another coach trying to win the ” unlock mcfred” trophy.

hopefully he learns early, but history suggests not

chicha14

Stupid decision to start a false 9. Should have rather played Rashford up front.
Eriksen is by far our most creative player and we wasted him up top.

r0663664

Worships Man City
ETH needs to learn quick, don't trust these players Maguire, McTominay, Fred, Rashford, Bruno and VDB. He needs to understand these players has no future here. I rather that he gives Garnacho, Iqbal and Savage a chance to start.

Blood Mage

While these players are hopeless case, his game management today was shambolic as well, hard to feel sorry for him after such subs, before it I could give him excuses, but he made the matters just worse.
Subs wouldn't have made a difference, our squad is a fooking shambles. The only thing he's guilty of is naivety for thinking that this was a job that any non-magician could do.

Someone

Something
This is partly on him. There's a world outside his dutch connections where we can sign players that address our main issues. We're starting the season exactly where we were as a result. We can't be still talking about the same midfield year in year out.

His subs were late and ineffective. He needs to stop playing all the clowns.

BlueHaze

Two scenarios here. 1 Either he has watched nothing from our previous season to see what a shower of shite that midfield with Scott and Fred is or 2, He's as thick as a plank thinking it's a good idea ever starting those 2 passengers together.

Even Donny and Garner offers more to the team than those 2 together.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Does the Ole special of making multiple subs in the 89th minute ever actually fecking work?

Did Garnacho get a single kick?

mu4c_20le

Quite simply, this isn't 'his' football. This is why he needs the right profile of players, not just anyone who can improve us.

Long way to go but it's all on the board now.