Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

LazyGoal

Everything went shit after we sold James, and signed Ronaldo.

Lets sell Ronaldo and buy back James.

R'hllor

This squad cant be fixed by replacing 2-3 by 2-3 players, because cnuts are rotten, those remaining, they gonna drag new fecks into their shit, a never ending cycle. 90% of this squad had to be purged, sell, loan, move to reserves as long they are not in the picture, get young hugry on low wages non quality players, at least you might see some fight, they might be easier to coach and they could still lose 4:0 vs Brentford but at least they wouldnt be stealing a living, unlike most of current leechers.

Sadly he wanted to form his own opinion, RR must be crazy, gave clean slate to these feckers and hope he enjoys now performances and results, chicken shit.

Strelok

I don't know what he's been trying but it's clearly not working. That super high line is simply suicidal. We're trying to play a football that we're clearly not capable of.

mancan92

He was told what to do by ralf and he's also been told what to do by supporters yet still went into the season with rashford, maguire as captain , shaw, fred and mctom. Anyone on this board could of told him. Ego got in the way. He thought he could change them instead of listening.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Or Varane and Wan Bissaka. Both better players than those who started.
Varane — yes, but he has fitness issues. I'd imagine that he's going to be a starter eventually if he keeps fit.
Wan-Bissaka is equally horrible.

m1tch

Give. Him. Time.

He's a proven, intelligent, good coach.

We have to give him 2 seasons. We need the board to come out and say that too. This is not a quick project.
Yeah we can appreciate it's not going to be a quick project but there has to be some indication that the project has indeed started.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I believe ETH has been royally screwed over, but it's not realistic to expect the club to give him two years no matter what. We've conceded six goals in two games scoring a single goal against Brighton and Brentford. That's utterly shocking coming off the back of last season.
No it isn't. It is utterly consistent coming off of the back of last season.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Should of had a new midfield for the start of this season but we didn’t and I think that’s where the problem lies. The past few managers have gone into seasons starting them 2 absolute clowns. If we can see it why can’t the owners?! So frustrating

Teja

Some of you need to look back at the early Arteta threads.

I fully expect us to go through what they went through for a year or two. Stick with the guy, get rid of moaners ruthlessly and rebuild.

No player should consider themselves bigger than the club.

opopop

Shouldn't be surprised people are using Conte as the next magical fix to it all.

If Conte was managing this team he'd have quit by now.

He had a Spurs team last year that was so frustrating for him that we were making fun of Conte for threatening to quit after they lost to Burnley 1 -0

If Conte is managing United, the ones above him are still bollocking up the transfer window, leaving him with a broken squad.

And then everyone is saying "Should have hired Ten Hag"

Club is dying with people above the manager overseeing it fail. These consistently rubbish performances from bad players are just short glimpses of it.

Expecting 2 maybe 3 panic signings to come in and another worthless season.

I'd stick with Ten Hag though.

acnumber9

Varane — yes, but he has fitness issues. I'd imagine that he's going to be a starter eventually if he keeps fit.
Wan-Bissaka is equally horrible.
I beg to differ. He’s had a bad year no doubt and he may never be the player we need. He’s better than Dalot though and he’ll have a better career.

crossy1686

career ending
Should of had a new midfielder for the start of this season but we didn’t and I think that’s where the problem lies. The past few managers have gone into seasons starting them 2 absolute clowns. If we can see it why can’t the owners?! So frustrating
You think one midfielder fixes that?

saivet

I think there is defiantly an argument that Ten Hag has underestimated the step up in quality between the Dutch league and the premier league
Undoubetdly and his transfer targets have indicated as such alongside our first two performances. Hope is he will learn as it is early days and our tranfer activity thus far has been poor.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Arrogance full on display by giving starts to players we know have become completely hopeless (Maguire, Bruno, Dalot, Shaw). I don't know if it would have made a difference but not meeting Ralf was weird at the time.
Maybe he could have emphasized to him how truly shit some of these players truly are.
Was Martinez really that needed instead of midfielders ?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s being let down by the players and the infrastructure around him, but I do fear he’s another massively naive Dutch league coach who thinks he can come to the Premier League and easily adapt his tactics to a side who have never played anything close to Ajax Cruijffian philosophy football (since well LVG I guess).

Squad selection, transfer targets… it’s not looking good brev.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We spent the summer saying "things might get worse before they get better" and "give ETH time".

We are 1 and a half games in (yes terrible performances) and people are calling him De Boar and saying he needs to go :lol:
Exactly. Calm the feck down . It will get better.

abailey123

Can already see the guys patience is wearing thin with some of these absolute clowns.
Need to stop pointing fingers at managers and realise we’ve got a rancid playing group.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv

I fully expect us to go through what they went through for a year or two. Stick with the guy, get rid of moaners ruthlessly and rebuild.

Yep, Arsenal is the parallel at this point. Calm heads and patience needs to win the day.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Very worrying. He was supposed to be a meticulous manager and yet he’s missed things that everyone and their blind gran can see.

BaneIsPain

Still, a blunder maintaining Maguire as captain and pursuing on fdj.
Can't blame 100% on him, mostly the players let him down (as usual).

r0663664

Worships Man City
ETH is on the slippery slop. If he continues to think that Rashford, Bruno, McTominay, Maguire, Shaw, Fred, DDG, VDB maybe Sancho is good enough to play then all hope is lost. He will be finding a new job pretty soon.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He was told what to do by ralf and he's also been told what to do by supporters yet still went into the season with rashford, maguire as captain , shaw, fred and mctom. Anyone on this board could of told him. Ego got in the way. He thought he could change them instead of listening.
Again, a genuine question, what should he do? He clearly wasn't given the funds for a proper rebuild and no one have been offering Maguire, Shaw and McTominay lucrative contracts trying to steal them away from us.

If he looks equally clueless at the second half of the season, without any youngsters introduces in the squad etc., you can certainly blame him for failing. At this point he's been given a toxic unmotivated and mostly mediocre squad in the worst mental state imaginable.

VP

I worry that after giving every single post-Fergie manager too much time, we're going to give the one manager who actually needs it none

Rajma

He will seriously test my trust in him if after seeing EPL intensity and quality first hand now he will continue to pursue the players from feckin Erdvise like Gapko or whatever.

Orange Tree

Same question as with Rangnick, why is he still persisting with some of these players.

Giving the players a clean slate could cost him his job.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Still backing ETH. Squad is the problem. Needs time and different players. Glazers aren't gonna do what it takes though.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Arteta was backed massively over some big decisions — Ozil, Aubameyang, Saliba (initially), Guendouzi etc. — will the club give ten Hag the same sort of backing if he wants to bin De Gea, Rashford, Maguire?