Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Busby
Ferguson
ten Hag

In which order would you have them?

cyberman

Played the game after Arsenals equaliser perfectly. Completely shut Arteta down

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Why did it take us nearly a decade to hire a somewhat proven manager in his prime?

I'm considering swapping to crappy beer from his region of Holland, just so I can taste some Eric.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
We have world class manager.
He makes players look good. Now who else in our history had that ability…

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Folks. We have a miracle worker in hand. It's a long 10 years journey, my brothers and sisters.

el3mel

I honestly like the way he manages big games. Both this and Liverpool one were played almost perfectly.

We are starting to gain some momentum I hope we don't lose it.

RetroStu

He play players i wouldnt play, makes subs where i think he's bringing on the wrong player, and it just works.
He's making me a believer.

The United

Well done. ETH!

Seems like he is learning how to control the second half a bit better now too.

Pearl.Jam

Fvcking love him already..subs were a masterclass in how to see out a game, got the cojones to drop players who were deemed undroppable by previous regimes, really feel we’ve finally got a manager who understands what this club is all about

Flexdegea

I honestly like the way he manages big games. Both this and Liverpool one were played almost perfectly.

We are starting to gain some momentum I hope we don't lose it.

I like this post.

Actually positive from ya. So he must be doing a stellar job :lol:

I think he has done some job. Most important thing is he got massive balls and has shown it. Even the Casmerio call was big

Chip

Great win and clinical on the counter. I'm really not trying to be a WUM, but hasn't it been a bit of throwback to the good times under Ole? Best games have been against aggressive teams who we've hit on the counter in Liverpool and Arsenal, while we've struggled against "low block" teams.

I'm not expecting EtH to work miracles, but so far we haven't seen much of his trademark type of football, have we?

3KDré

Making average players like McTominay and Dalot look good. Somehow has made us defensively solid playing McT-Eriksen a b2b and #10 together. That is the sign of a good manager.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I had high hopes and total faith in Ten Hag but even this response to our opening travails has been very impressive. Each of the last four wins has had a different cornerstone to it too, which is even more praiseworthy, IMO.

Top class.

TsuWave

Good to hear him say our first 10 minutes were great, but Arsenal's disallowed goal broke our rhythm. I'm just happy he knows we need to see more of what we saw in the first 10 minutes

davidmichael

Tactically ETH is very diverse, I remember reading months ago how he would always adapt his methods depending on what he had in the squad but always made it work until he could get the players in to fit his desired style and tactics.

I think we’re a goalkeeper, right back, De Jong type player and a striker away from what ETH wants as his desired style and tactics. If we manage to get top four this season I can see us really progressing next season and possibly a title challenge in his third season.

Chief123

One thing that might go unnoticed was absolute genius by ETH.

He sacrificed Sancho and brought on Fred. We would normally have expected Fred to sit deep with McTominay and Eriksen go to no.10.

But ETH put Fred at no.10 and Bruno to the right wing. Mctominay and Eriksen stayed deep. The reason being he wanted Fred to press Xhaka and Zinchenko who kept coming central and dominating play. As soon as Fred came on, that channel got blocked.

Brilliant management. Keeping Eriksen deep allowed us to play balls from the back to get the counter goal like we did.

Bobski

Much more pragmatic and adaptable than I assumed he would be. I don't mean that a criticism either, after Brentford I was concerned with the team selection but he has been so much more pragmatic since, trying to build up the confidence and stability in the team first.

AndySmith1990

This is the first time post Ferguson that I genuinely feel like we've hired the right manager. Not going to go overboard as it's early days, but I am confident if we continue to back him he will eventually deliver silverware. I can't wait to see what team he ends up with over the next couple years

Pickle85

Really really like him. He's thoughtful, seems confident and driven and seems forensic in his analysis. Clearly very detail oriented and has done a great job of bringing back a sense of togetherness.

Chumpsbechumps

This is the first time post Ferguson that I genuinely feel like we've hired the right manager. Not going to go overboard as it's early days, but I am confident if we continue to back him he will eventually deliver silverware. I can't wait to see what team he ends up with over the next couple years
Totally agree

I mean listen to him here, hes not even happy with some Of the stuff today , he says we have to improve.

Standards have been set very very high..

Water Melon

One thing that might go unnoticed was absolute genius by ETH.

He sacrificed Sancho and brought on Fred. We would normally have expected Fred to sit deep with McTominay and Eriksen go to no.10.

But ETH put Fred at no.10 and Bruno to the right wing. Mctominay and Eriksen stayed deep. The reason being he wanted Fred to press Xhaka and Zinchenko who kept coming central and dominating play. As soon as Fred came on, that channel got blocked.

Brilliant management. Keeping Eriksen deep allowed us to play balls from the back to get the counter goal like we did.
Absolutely spot on mate.

Flexdegea

Great win and clinical on the counter. I'm really not trying to be a WUM, but hasn't it been a bit of throwback to the good times under Ole? Best games have been against aggressive teams who we've hit on the counter in Liverpool and Arsenal, while we've struggled against "low block" teams.

I'm not expecting EtH to work miracles, but so far we haven't seen much of his trademark type of football, have we?
People need to stop saying it's Ole...........

Jose played counter too, I don't know why after games we took the game to teams earlier, then get a goal, and they come on, because we don't have the players to control the possession as well, and hit on the counter. It's prefect tactics. We look solid on most fronts.

Been plenty teams that have won the league playing like this. He completely transformed the mentality of the players in a short period after being at their lowest point. Made massive calls, he's been excellent in my opinion

Trequarista10

Same here.

I believe in this man.

Cloud7

I don't think I've felt as optimistic at any point during the post SAF years