Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
He’s showed all the squad who’s boss. No messing around or your gone!!! Love it! Someone like Solskjær would of offered him a new contract for that interview. Good to have a man in charge.

Prodigy24

Delighted for the manager! Hope the club rewards his patience with the whole Ronaldo shitshow by signing some players in January.

mu4c_20le

No more excuses now. 250m in the summer plus potentially more in jan... top 4 a must?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Stay ruthless, Erik.

Garnacho will play now. A lot and there's still room for a goalscorer, even two if Elanga goes on loan.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Exceptionally well done. He behaved and acted like a true leader the whole time. Very good for him to move forward

baskinginthesun

Be good to see his team thrive now that Ronaldo has moved on. As others have said, thought he handled the whole thing really well.

nickm

I think that is probably fair, but the manager made mistakes along the way too. He shouldn't have backed Ronaldo as much as he did post-Chelsea.
I think he gave Ronaldo every chance, and that was part of it, and that's why everyone is now happy to see him go.

Greck

I'm sure we'll now have Ronaldo twats join solidarity with the Ole twats to cause a ruckus here every time we lose a game.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He dealt with Ronaldo and Maguire absolutely perfectly. Glad the Ronaldo chapter is finally over with.

Chairman Steve

All we need now is Maguire to have a good World Cup so that his torpedoed reputation is put back together as a centre-back whose good for a certain level of club or a club who play a less progressive way, and we can recoup a good chunk of that £80m back.

Revaulx

Of course he had to. It showed CR for who he truly is, despite several olive branches (on a sporting and human level) being shown to him.
I wonder whether the powers that be (i.e. the Glazers) would have been as ready to say goodbye to Ronaldo if he hadn’t been given those opportunities to show himself up.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I hope the new owners don't kick him out like Boehly did with Tuchel.

Strelok

Now with probably the last dickhead primadonna out I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season. We'll play some nice football I reckon. Hope the board will buy him a new striker in Jan.

darioterios

It is hard to shake off that uneasiness. I just really want to see the manager be able to finish the quest, finally for the first time in a decade I can at least start to feel optimistic again. Praying the incoming powers have the sense to see the progress.

Spoony

The People's President
Surely football isn't the best field to invest in. Why would a Yank consortium look to buy the club? It makes no sense.

Teja

Ten Hag played this perfectly. You can't really fault any of his actions and Ronaldo came off looking like a prick.

I'm so glad we don't have to have the camera pan to the bench every time Ronaldo's there. He's more of an attraction than the actual football on the pitch.

No anxiety that Ronaldo needs to get subbed but the manager is can't sub him because he'll kick up a fuss and all the interviews will be about him for the next month.

Teja

Surely football isn't the best field to invest in. Why would a Yank consortium look to buy the club? It makes no sense.
FSG took Pool's valuation from $X00M to $XB in ~7-8 years?

Same with City. The owners will make a decent sum if they decide to sell now.

Football has been a pretty good place to invest in over the past decade or so.

Spoony

The People's President
FSG took Pool's valuation from $X00M to $XB in ~7-8 years?

Same with City. The owners will make a decent sum if they decide to sell now.

Football has been a pretty good place to invest in over the past decade or so.
Then why are the Glazers and FSG selling up?

Herman Toothrot

It's so weird that United fans on a United forum are like 'no more excuses' and 'well let's see how he gets on now he's had his wishes'.

Let's get behind him, and we if do fall short, how about not using it as a stick to beat ETH with for not sharing the same hard-on you have for Ronaldo?

Deery

Dreary
Poor Ten Hag coming into this circus, it’s been one thing after another since he came in, hopefully he’s thick skinned and doesn’t let it bother him.

Teja

Then why are the Glazers and FSG selling up?
Yup it's one thing to go from $X00 -> $2-3B and something else entirely to grow a $4-5Bn club at an acceptable rate (10+%?).

Yet many people seem to be interested in getting exposure to the industry. Red Bull group, the folks buying up the Barca TV rights, Boehly and co etc.

I think FSG are smart. I really doubt Glazers are selling because they think the club has peaked in value.

klepman

Just curious why promoting gambling a sell-out?

Imo gambling is quite fine if you're not addicted to. Might earn some bucks too.
I totally agree. Online gambling sites are one of the huge revenue channels for football teams. Cut these and many teams would lose tons of money for getting better players.

Last edited:

Withnail

Now with probably the last dickhead primadonna out I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season. We'll play some nice football I reckon. Hope the board will buy him a new striker in Jan.
I think it's vital we get a number 9 if we've any chance of top 4. Martial's done ok so far but he just can't be relied upon to stay fit and we have no back ups at all.

croadyman

I think it's vital we get a number 9 if we've any chance of top 4. Martial's done ok so far but he just can't be relied upon to stay fit and we have no back ups at all.
Problem with that is no decent ones are available in January or did you mean short term one

Withnail

Problem with that is no decent ones are available in January or did you mean short term one
Well preferably not but if it has to be someone short-term than that's what it has to be, even though we've been burned with that before. I just don't see how we can afford go through the rest of the season with Martial as the number 9.