Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
Gave them enough horrid on field performances to write about..
mad to think that was a decade ago though, that season left a deep scar and most of the following seasons were varying levels of crapness too. None of those other managers had a patch on ETH, even at this early stage its like day and night in comparison even if we don't win another trophy this season.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
"Scott can play in many roles, it's clear he has scoring capabilities for Scotland but also this season for us he's a really good finisher but I see him as a midfielder so I think I'm happy with Wout is doing. Because when Wout is in the team the team is performing better."

It's amazing how highly he rates Wout. Probably bit of concern too. Not that I think Scott should start up front, but it seems like after every game he states how important in Wout for us, and it's not just to give him confidence, he obviously thinks it.

wolvored

ha ha, I gave it to myself looking up the numbers again.
The car crash end of the caretaker/honeymoon period, the shite 66 point no trophy first full season, the ok 74 point no trophy 2nd full season, and then that fecking car crash of a final season.
feck me.
All the while being preached to that Ole needed time and was actually doing a good job.

I swear ETH could win 3 cups and get 80 points and some will still say, “well he only finished 3rd, Ole finished 2nd”.
Fully agree with you. Ole had one tactic and when it didnt work we were fecked. He was a nearly man in the cups and TH has won one at his first attempt. Next season is when he should be compared with Oles best season, not this.

wolvored

It's amazing how highly he rates Wout. Probably bit of concern too. Not that I think Scott should start up front, but it seems like after every game he states how important in Wout for us, and it's not just to give him confidence, he obviously thinks it.
Yes agree. Lets hope its kidology so Wout thinks he has a chance and keeps playing 100%, (still not good enough) and not dropping off because he knows 2 months and hes gone.

Eddy_JukeZ

To be fair, he's not going to slag him off publicly.

But if Weghorst is still here next season, I'd be very concerned about Ten Hag's recruitment nous.

Smores

A player who can carry out a managers system is invaluable, its as simple as that. We've a long way to go as a team to play how ETH wants and Wout is helping us get there (as a placeholder).

ErikElevenHag

We were skint and we have no one else. Do you really think when ETH signed to become united manager he had wout weghorst on his shortlist of players to sign.

We were bargain basement hunting and we'd be screwed without him, he's literally our only striker. Unless we played rashford out of his favoured position.

NLunited

But if Weghorst is still here next season, I'd be very concerned about Ten Hag's recruitment nous.
Getting a top striker this summer will be top of the list.

Weghorst makes the team better, clear, except for not getting on the end of things. He himself said about that ‘It’s just rubbish’.

If Weghorst started scoring I’d keep him as backup, he’s doing everything else really well. But realistically speaking he is not a MU striker. I sure appreciate his hard work though.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
A player who can carry out a managers system is invaluable, its as simple as that. We've a long way to go as a team to play how ETH wants and Wout is helping us get there (as a placeholder).
How exactly is he helping? He is nothing player, he isn't even a premierleague standard striker.

He could just not play him in every game, almost every minute? Because it's like playing with 10 men. We moght as well play Bruno or Rashford and play extra midfielder. I mean, anything is better.

Sancho, Pellistri, Malacia, Fred on ghe bench, all of them are better players than him that could potentially fit one of the positions.

Skills

Snitch
I don't know how you can have an attack where 2/3 of the forwards have no real threat to the opposition goal in terms of goals or assists.

We're so lucky Rashfords in this type of form. We need production at RW/FW and we need a ST.

The United

I'm curious how his thought process links to the attacking play. It was strange to get two of the least skilled players and have them play as a 9 and 10. As many have mentioned, Rashford's unsustainable rate of goals was kind of making us look good in term of getting results.

Still a big question mark on how he sets up attacking. Of course not having a decent reliable no 9 didn't help him or us this season.

Last edited:

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
He’s starting to slip a bit isn’t he…

Showing favouritism to players who offer nothing.

Questionable formations often leading to being outnumbered in key areas.

He’s really lost momentum from earlier in the season.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's had injuries to contend with but the level of performances in recent weeks have been totally unacceptable.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Just clueless today. Worst than anything under Ole. At least he had moments of individual magic which are very difficult when you play a total donkey upfront.

Shark

@NotShark
Away from home we've been found wanting. The contrast between the two is insane. We just turn into an Ole team on the road unable to make simple decisions.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Today was a very random. I don't know why he did what he did :lol:

Surely he cant keep starting Weghorst from here.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I just cannot get my head around how he has transformed us at home, but we are still so average away against anyone decent.

AndySmith1990

Deserves criticism today. It's been a pathetic display from all involved. Why the feck would you ever start with Weghorst and McTominay in attack? That's the sort of rubbish you'd expect to see at Stoke from fat Sam

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Apart from the obvious elephant in the room, his ignorance of being run over in the midfield game after game is another worrying thing. Even after the subs, he brought off Antinx and Weghorst for Martial and Sancho which meant nothing for the shape of the team or midfield. If anything, Antony can recycle posession well, probably even better than all three midfielders we have.

Why not try something different with Fred, or even Malacia?

Edit: not to forget starting Mctominay in number 10 after he's scored two goals for Scotland, despite never playing him there before.

PoTMS

Pathetic performance set up by pathetic tactics from the manager. Deserves major criticism for his setup away to anyone in the top 12.

Lee565

When you have mctominay, weghorst and Antony on the pitch you basically nullify being able to play either in possession or on the counter, his fetish for weghorst has been his undoing, since he joined we have not been same side on a consistent basis

fezzerUTD

Playing weak players like Antony is hard away against strong sides and its disheartening watching players that don’t care like Sancho and Martial. Then we have sub standard starting like Weghorst, Mctominay and Dalot. We still need a big clearout but I doubt ETH can/will rid in the short term some of these.

Parma Dewol

Concern is really starting to grow. Erik has worked miracles since he got here, but we’ve gotten accustomed to seeing new managers have a good early spell, only for things to slowly unravel. Praying that’s not the case this time around.

Recent performances have been so surprising. Can’t get my head around the time wasting on goal kicks against Newcastle today and Liverpool the other week. Hard to see what we’re trying to achieve; these are games we should be looking to win. Though we were always likely to experience a sticky patch when injuries and suspensions began to mount, current form is worrying.