Erik Ten Hag Press Conference (v Brighton) | 13:30 BST

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
To the point. Not being baited in by them. Maintains eye contact and is assertive. Not tying himself in knots and stuck to the script.

Done. That was decent.

Elcabron

I enjoyed that. I liked Ralphs pressers as well but ETH is direct, short and sharp...nice.

Couldn't help but notice the big smile on his face when Melissa Reddy was asking the questions, dirty dog.

I think he should have brought one of the players who left early the other day and said this is what happens eh, and then proceeded to clobber the player in front of the press before asking 'next question' when finished.

buchansleftleg

Love it - You could feel the crackle of tension in the room after the "Smiles & Vibes" of Ole and the "Come see the wounds in detail" approach of Ralf R....the press will hate this. Of course the real test will now be how individuals in the club respond when the press moan that he is "giving them nothing".

I don't want senior execs trying to soften the blow by leaking their own thoughts and we DEFINITELY don't want players leaking stuff to the press to keep them onside. The press will have an anti EtH agenda very soon - just you watch...they want Cuddly Ole type for an easy life.

Dante

Average bang
I enjoyed that. I liked Ralphs pressers as well but ETH is direct, short and sharp...nice.

Couldn't help but notice the big smile on his face when Melissa Reddy was asking the questions, dirty dog.

I think he should have brought one of the players who left early the other day and said this is what happens eh, and then proceeded to clobber the player in front of the press before asking 'next question' when finished.
We've seen her interview/question him at least 3 times. It's always super obvious how much he fancies her.

You could see it in his very first press conference in May and then again in their one-to-one.

jem

The cold hard stare after he finishes answering would strike fear into anyone.

Strootman's Finger

We've seen her interview/question him at least 3 times. It's always super obvious how much he fancies her.

You could see it in his very first press conference in May and then again in their one-to-one.
Explains why she seemed to have moved into the inner circle. In fairness, I actually think she's great.

Strootman's Finger

I remember how impressed us fans were when RR gave his first press conference. But we all know how that turned out. There’s always the novelty factor with new managers fronting the media for the first time
You must be fun at parties

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Klopp finished 8th in his first season with some dire football. Pep finished 4th despite spending something like 200m on an already fantastic City squad. So yeah it takes time to get your ideas across.
Klopp played brilliant football from the off and it was clear he would make massive progress very quickly. Pep equally showed significant progress within a season. Do you honestly think we’ve had a manager worth sticking with?

Highfather_24

He's married isnt he? :nervous: :lol:

Santoryo

ripping the reward
It will never not be funny seeing people giddily exited at new managers first few press conferences and reading more into them then required. Dating back from LVG, Mourinho, Ole and Rangnick to now Ten Hag, people always act like these guys are breaking new grounds or doing something special by answering questions in whichever ways or tone they are comfortable in.

It's hilarious seeing people exited by the most mundane answers and reactions from a manager in a press conference just because they happen to be new at the Club. :lol:

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
:lol: @ 'do your research'. Excellent, he melted that journo. Look forward to seeing more of his pressers, entertainment factor is back!

Elcabron

Can't blame him in fairness.

jem

It will never not be funny seeing people giddily exited at new managers first few press conferences and reading more into them then required. Dating back from LVG, Mourinho, Ole and Rangnick to now Ten Hag, people always act like these guys are breaking new grounds or doing something special by answering questions in whichever ways or tone they are comfortable in.

It's hilarious seeing people exited by the most mundane answers and reactions from a manager in a press conference just because they happen to be new at the Club. :lol:
You're pretty easily amused.

Trex

Its mutual, have you seen her speak about him?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
ETH: "Do your research"

I wonder if he's been reading Reddit/twitter antivaxx threads to improve his English.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
A higher quality and edited version of the press conference (from Sky):

That stare at Jamie Jackson at 5:40 :lol: .
Does Jamie Jackson suffer from anxiety or does he just wear sunglasses and slouch all the time because he's travelled to 2022 via a wormhole he found in the Hacienda bogs?

Chief123

One thing which was very obvious and has been since he arrived is he appears to have the balls and confidence to deal with the pressure. He seems very assertive and sure in what he wants to do. He seems he has a very clear plan of how he is going to keep the media at arms length. His answers are very calculated and succinct. I can’t say I had this feeling with any of the previous managers.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
rather telling that none of the assembled hacks had the balls to ask him about the 2022 féile an phobail and what he felt around the controversy of last year’s competition.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
You must be fun at parties
He's not entirely wrong, though, is he?

The initial pressers of every post-SAF manager have been generally hailed on here.

Except for - maybe - Moyes.

I'm not pointing fingers - I did it myself.

Even Maureen: "Finally, a ruthless cnut - a real winner, he takes shit from nobody."

Superunknown

You can tell he doesn't give a single shit about these press conferences. He turned up, answered a few questions without giving too much away, and has probably gone away to do some preparation for the game. Exactly how it should be. Don't give the press anything. He gave a real "ask your questions and feck off" sort of attitude, which is exactly what I want. :drool:

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Doesn't have to be charming in a conference, just let them know where they stand. Don't fall back on standards as he said the expectation is to win every game.

Acole9

Outstanding
He's going to call Custis fat man at some point isn't he.

RuudTom83

He seems assured and ready for the start, no real signs of nervousness or pressure (yet) which is good to see.

As the years go by since SAF retired, I find myself supporting the managers more and more, rather than the players who have let the club down. I really want ETH to do well!

Excited for the match.

shed red

I really like the way he talks. And Gary Nev not putting any pressure on him at this moment in time as a fan at this particular moment in time.

el3mel

Klopp finished 8th in his first season with some dire football. Pep finished 4th despite spending something like 200m on an already fantastic City squad. So yeah it takes time to get your ideas across.
That's bollocks. Klopp finished 8th in the season he got the job midway through (and the football wasn't dire at all). He reached 2 finals as well. His first full season he finished 4th.

Also Pep finished 3rd in his first full season.

Teja

That's bollocks. Klopp finished 8th in the season he got the job midway through (and the football wasn't dire at all). He reached 2 finals as well. His first full season he finished 4th.

Midway = October, so basically one full season.

el3mel

Midway = October, so basically one full season.
No it's not. He came on a squad he didn't choose, didn't have a preseason with them and didn't have the privilege to sign any players. Just had to do with whatever he got from the previous manager without any preparations.

That's the team he had to do up with without any preparation or signings :

https://talksport.com/wp-content/up...15T093922.119.png?strip=all&w=480&quality=100

He still got into two finals by the way.

TheReligion

Abusive

So he joined Liverpool in October.

He had a 3/4 of a season head start on EtH and two transfer windows.

Engage your brain.

Teja

No it's not. He came on a squad he didn't choose, didn't have a preseason with them and didn't have the privilege to sign any players. Just had to do with whatever he got from the previous manager without any preparations.

That's the team he had to do up with without any preparation or signings :

https://talksport.com/wp-content/up...15T093922.119.png?strip=all&w=480&quality=100

He still got into two finals by the way.
Ole took us to several cup finals and smacked Pep's City multiple times. The league is what people care about. They were 8th for a reason.

Anyway, I'm surprised that the point is this contentious. I don't expect us to play like peak Ajax from day one - even with the pre-season. It'll take time.