Eriksen is too lightweight to play CM

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This has been clear for weeks, Casemiro has protected him a lot. But ultimately he needs to be further up the pitch.

Today I thought he was absolutely terrible. But felt this sentiment for weeks. He's a superb asset but feel he has to be in the 10.

Gomes

Scott isn't lightweight and is completely useless.

Sancho99

This has been obvious for a while and especially in games where we are chasing the ball or can't keep possession. He needs subbing pretty much every game at around 60 minutes. He just doesn't have the legs or energy to be playing in games like this.

Scottynaldinho

Said it, once the niche of passing with both feet gets old, he won't impress much. I prefer Fred over him for that role.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
60 minute player
Pretty much. When he's playing like that it's like having 10 men. Add to that Mctominay next to him, awb at right back and no Martial upfront and struggling to put together moves isn't a surprise.

SAFMUTD

Doesn't have the speed nor physicality to play in a midfield 2. He's supposed to be Bruno's back up but due to our lack of options he's playing there.

Need more and better players fast.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He is too lightweight to play full stop. Should be Bruno's back up. Nothing more.

Blood Mage

Wonderful footballer who doesn't have the legs to play as often as he has been unfortunately. We still need two new players for our midfield - a backup for Casemiro and a top class no.8.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
We need go get top 4 and invest heavily in the summer into a CM.

I hope we can win a cup this season

PoTMS

He could've been wearing the refs outfit. Didn't contribute to anything either way.

Godfather

In these type of games I don't see it with him.i like him but he's too lightweight for these kind of games

flappyjay

He is alright the trick is not waiting too long to sub him out. He should have been out after 60 minutes.

Red Rash

Can play in CM when Casemiro is around him but shouldn't be playing without him unless it's a flat midfield three.

The truth is you need good quality around Eriksen in the middle and he just didn't have it today.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Which is a major issue. We don't have a player that can pass the ball as well as him, even in his poor game he gets involved in our best bits of play that lead to a goal.

Arlo

This has been clear for weeks, Casemiro has protected him a lot. But ultimately he needs to be further up the pitch.

Today I thought he was absolutely terrible. But felt this sentiment for weeks. He's a superb asset but feel he has to be in the 10.
I'd say I'm blown away by your take but that's Eriksen's job. I'll just see myself out

Elcabron

Agree. Too light weight. He was never a midfielder and especially now after what happened to him and his age.

Lee565

The issue is having bothe bruno and eriksen in the same 11 in games like this, it has not worked well

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The issue is having bothe bruno and eriksen in the same 11 in games like this, it has not worked well
I think he should put Bruno CM and Eriksen in the 10.

The logic that Bruno is more careless than Eriksen in the central area doesn't fly anymore given how Eriksen performed.

Wheato

Too many games, not enough rest, nobody able to step in and do what he does. AND Arsenal did a job on him today, because they knew he was the only central player that we had who could play balls out to the forwards. So they had him closed down and doubled up on, making him in-effective.

NZT-One

It has been clear from the start, that he is only suited to play that role in some games. A few just didn't want to see it. He got quieter and quieter in the last weeks. We have to rest him.

I think he should put Bruno CM and Eriksen in the 10.

The logic that Bruno is more careless than Eriksen in the central area doesn't fly anymore given how Eriksen performed.
So having two careless players centrally is better?

Man-United

He's got 2,5 more years on his contract so you are stuck with him. I rate him though.

Lyng

He is a attacking midfielder asked to do a job of an 8. When he has Casemiro next to him he can do, and well. Which his stats this season shows. Despite him playing deeper he has far more assists than Bruno.
But he isnt press resistant at all and then you put McT in there and essentially ask him to be alone against, maybe the best, midfield in the league its going to get ugly.

Mike Smalling

I’m comfortable playing Eriksen at CM in homes games against bottom half teams. In games like these, it’s suicide.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
We are tired and need a rest. Need to change it around for the midweek game or else try and build a sizeable lead and sub off loads after 70 minutes.

Alek M

Da manic one
Yes. Thank you for starting this thread. Didn’t see him get into any tackles or shoulder challenge at all.

McTominay was at least physical!