Eriksen turned us down three times

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Quoted by Daily Star, Mirror and The Times as having rebuffed Jose, Ole and LvG. I guess all those who don't want Ronaldo at United because he wants to leave will now have to start hating Eriksen three times as much...

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Almost as if players desires and situations at clubs can't change over time....

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Quoted by Daily Star, Mirror and The Times as having rebuffed Jose, Ole and LvG. I guess all those who don't want Ronaldo at United because he wants to leave will now have to start hating Eriksen three times as much...
Yeah man THREE TIMES AS MUCH!

Haters!

mu4c_20le

I was astonished when I read that earlier. Fergie would never have gone back for him.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
The state on this place :lol:

OsloRed

It didn't quite sound like that in the Athletic piece on it. Sounds like a tabloid spin on some quotes to me.

Huddsred

Who cares as long as he performs for us now? Footballers aren't fans.

Desmond69

I don't quite understand how you can compare these two. He was at Spurs and it is never good to go from a top club to another top club in the same league.
Yes he talked to them and what made him say no thanks was maybe the style of play or the way they wanted to use him, that's only something they can know.

A big difference between the two is that Erikesen does not have a huge ego, and only thinks about playing football, rather than highlighting himself.

I don't think you will succeed in getting people to start hating him, because he actually has a fantastic personality, and who doesn't just say yes to anything if he doesn't feel he can help develop the team and himself.

Hope you can see the difference yourself

Zippycup

I'm confused by this?
Why would we hate Eriksen? Please explain.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
It didn't quite sound like that in the Athletic piece on it. Sounds like a tabloid spin on some quotes to me.
The Times as well - although I'd agree that's not the paper it used to be!

dove

Well done somehow managing to link it to Ronaldo :houllier:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I don't quite understand how you can compare these two. He was at Spurs and it is never good to go from a top club to another top club in the same league.
Yes he talked to them and what made him say no thanks was maybe the style of play or the way they wanted to use him, that's only something they can know.

A big difference between the two is that Erikesen does not have a huge ego, and only thinks about playing football, rather than highlighting himself.

I don't think you will succeed in getting people to start hating him, because he actually has a fantastic personality, and who doesn't just say yes to anything if he doesn't feel he can help develop the team and himself.

Hope you can see the difference yourself
I didn't ask anyone to hate him (rather the opposite and to get people to stop hating ronaldo) but I'm glad you're his psychiatrist and know all about his ego or lack of it

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I'm confused by this?
Why would we hate Eriksen? Please explain.
not what I said... I said some would have to if there was logic to their hatred of ronaldo. the hint was there in that you can't hate someone three times as much. And I was more interested in the fact that we approached him three times - he was someone I've wanted at the club for some time. Not everyone agreed on this being a good bit of business when we signed him

Dante

Average bang
He didn't turn us down, so much as he chose to stay with the club he was already at (twice) and try a different league (once).

There's a difference between turning down an affair with another woman versus remaining faithful to your wife, even though the end result is the same. One is a rejection of somebody, while the other is an affirmation of loyalty.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
He didn't turn us down, so much as he chose to stay with the club he was already at (twice) and try a different league (once).

There's a difference between turning down an affair with another woman versus remaining faithful to your wife, even though the end result is the same. One is a rejection of somebody, while the other is an affirmation of loyalty.
The quotes seem to say he turned us down, and they are very definitely from him. But I agree the papers might have spun this bit

No Love

Sell him to Brentford. See if Lord Farquaad will take him back.

Zippycup

not what I said... I said some would have to if there was logic to their hatred of ronaldo. the hint was there in that you can't hate someone three times as much. And I was more interested in the fact that we approached him three times - he was someone I've wanted at the club for some time. Not everyone agreed on this being a good bit of business when we signed him
There is no logic to it.
If Eriksen said he wanted to leave three times then yes, logic would suggest he should get the same criticism as Ronaldo.
But he hasn't.

Dante

Average bang
The quotes seem to say he turned us down, and they are very definitely from him. But I agree the papers might have spun this bit
The exact quotes are:

"When I was at Spurs, I spoke to every manager who's been here at Man United to see what the situation was," Eriksen said.

"So, it's been on the books. Well, not on the books, but it's been spoken about [for a while]. For me, then wasn't the time to move. I was at Spurs for a long time and I wanted to try something abroad, so I went to Inter and ended up having a lovely time

"But then obviously something happened in the summer and that changed the career path I had in mind, so I came back to England, to Brentford first of all. To be here [at United] is something I didn't think could happen a year ago. I never thought it was going to happen."

In his own words, it "wasn't the time to move". To me, that says he was happy with his status quo rather than anti-United.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
isnt the main reason many are down on Ronaldo is the manner he has gone about his buinsess. Wait till July, refuse to go on tour, agent tried to flog him to every relevent CL club, needless headache for new manger etc...

Chief123

It’s almost like players can be inclined to go to a club based on a manager, his personal circumstances and stages in his career. Incredible.

Pretty poor effort of a defence for Ronaldo.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
The exact quotes are:

"When I was at Spurs, I spoke to every manager who's been here at Man United to see what the situation was," Eriksen said.

"So, it's been on the books. Well, not on the books, but it's been spoken about [for a while]. For me, then wasn't the time to move. I was at Spurs for a long time and I wanted to try something abroad, so I went to Inter and ended up having a lovely time

"But then obviously something happened in the summer and that changed the career path I had in mind, so I came back to England, to Brentford first of all. To be here [at United] is something I didn't think could happen a year ago. I never thought it was going to happen."

In his own words, it "wasn't the time to move". To me, that says he was happy with his status quo rather than anti-United.
never said he was anti United. My main point (and maybe I should have left out Ronny) was that (a) I was surprised we had approached him and even more (b) the press never got hold of the story on any of the occasions

Status
Not open for further replies.