Eriksen turned us down three times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
My wife wants to leave me, which obviously makes me angry, but the woman who played Janine Butcher has turned me down 5 times as of the 27th, so I try and be fair by hating the woman who plays Janine 5 times as much. Not an exact science of course but I do my best.

Mike Smalling

very good - I'm really slow today: took someone else to repost this for me to get it (and I studied Divinity at uni!).
It’s actually a reversal of The Denial of Peter. In this scenario it’s Christ(ian), being the Son of Erik (i.e. God), who is the denier. Also, something about us being devils - couldn’t quite work that in.

Edit: Oh, and who was it that came back from the dead? I’m onto something here.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Chose to just stay at Spurs in the past. Probably also didn't fully see a reason to join with the managers we've had in the past. Now we have Ten Hag as a coach and suit Eriksen more, but also his options are not the same as before. If Spurs were truly interested, it would have been between Spurs and Conte's football (not really suited to Eriksen), Brentford, or United with Ten Hag's football.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
It sounded more like he was curious about joining us but just refused.

He sounds like a player who gets comfortable in the same habitat and is just happy to play football with as little fuss as possible.

studs

Probably just wanted an easy life back then. Now that he's got another chance that he wasn't expecting to come again, he's probable thinking feck it why not give it a go now. No hard feelings there.

pacifictheme

It didn't quite sound like that in the Athletic piece on it. Sounds like a tabloid spin on some quotes to me.
Yeah from what he said it sounds like very initial discussions were had, nothing concrete and at the time he was happy at spurs.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
It was documented, while playing for Spurs, that he said he won't play for another English club and was also the reason he eventually went to Inter. Now, the circumstances in his career drastically changed since then. I even think he will have a good reception from Spurs fans. Well, it would be a decent thing to do anyway.

I guess all those who don't want Ronaldo at United because he wants to leave will now have to start hating Eriksen three times as much...
Erm, no. But, if he starts acting like a man child after being subbed, go in Denmark after realizing he is not going to play or trying to force the move while not showing on preseason, now that would be something else. Even without having a history of forcing the move one time before in his career.

Although and without crystal ball, we already know he won't act in that manner.

Trex

All three times he gave ear to the previous managers, all three times he said no, all three times he was proven right......let's hope his judgment is right again.

Status
Not open for further replies.