Eriksen vs Fernandes

Eriksen or Bruno

• Eriksen

• Bruno

Results are only viewable after voting.

Josep Dowling

£120m is probably about right if he had a longer contract, but Spurs are looking at Fernandes/ Le Celso so probably want money for them and also don't want to lose Eriksen for change in January or nothing next summer. No guarantee a player with just 6 months to go of contract doesn't say fcuk it, take the chance and run down contract for a massive pay day.
This is it and exactly why I can't see the move happening. I'm sure his agent has already had conversations with Real Madrid. They would have told him to wind down his contract, get a £10-£20m signing on fee and double his wages.

Fer

Do you think that Eriksen is the best No. 10 / CAM we could have? Do you rate him above Havertz/Dybala?

Nikelesh Reddy

Eriksen,it’s not even close.Fernandez was incredible last season,he scored an unbelievable number of goals for a midfielder but Eriksens been doing it for years now in the PL...

Smores

Eriksen as we need some experience now if we're going to progress.
Saying that it goes against the profile of player we're supposed to be targeting and people have been moaning about such players.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I don't know how we are going to accommodate Eriksen and Pogba into a midfield 3 together with Matic. The defence will be so exposed with their disinterest in defending.
Matic is unlikely to start. And Eriksen has an exceptional workrate. He often played as one of 2 holding midfielders for Spurs last season when they were chasing a result, and, even though it's not his best position, he was very good (and gave them most of what they've lost without Dembele in the build-up).

Drz

Weird. None of them genuinely excite me, wouldn't be bothered about signing either unless it was on the cheap. So if ignorance is bliss, then I should go with the one I know least: Bruno

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Bearing in mind that i know Bruno much better than Erikson I'd say the Danish is the most consistent player of the two. Bruno's touch isn't as tight nor he is used to the PL level but i believe he has something more in his locker and can win games on his own on a good day.

Shiva87

Bruno only because he is younger, and is more likely to come. Spurs are not selling Eriksen to us for sure. No reason why they would sell arguably their best player to a direct competitor for top 4.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We won't get either but Erikson is one of the best midfielders around. Bruno has merely aced it in a weak league and doesn't look a special player to me. He may turn out to be great but he's a far less known quantity.

Toni Roncoroni

Eriksen all day long… It would actually be my dream signing for United. Get him and have Pogba at least another year at our club. I think most of us don't really now how good Bruno really is. Most of us only saw the YouTube-clips. Me too, I only saw two games of him on television. As mentioned here before, we all know what Eriksen would bring us. Bruno would need maybe a few months to get going. But at the end of the day we need one of them before the season starts in my opinion.

GBBQ

I'd say Eriksen for his immediate impact, though Spurs might come out with the better deal in the long run.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Eriksen no doubt. At this current time he has way more credibility and consistent years in the EPL. Obviously I rate Fernandes and think he will translate well into the EPL but that is still an "IF" at the end of the day where as Eriksen is a sure thing IMO.

As long as he does not do an Alexis Sanches and completely forget how to play football:lol:

Reynoldo

Both Bruno may need time to adjust and even if he hits the ground running its good to have options already in the team for when Pogba leaves.

tomaldinho1

Eriksen on the basis that I’ve seen him regularly and always been impressed, he’s got a lot of the technique Mata possesses but is much more dynamic. Fernandes would presumably need to adapt to English football and I’d no idea how to assess his ability as I’ve only seen him once or twice for Portugal where he was quiet. I’d wager that most ( although not all) hankering for Bruno are doing so based on his statistics as I’d questioning how many times they’ve actually seen full games of him. Although that said I don’t think Levy would ever seen him to us.
This is essentially the life blood of the caf. Extra hype if it's an exotic name as well.

Eriksen without question as it stands. Would be a much tougher question if Fernandes had come to the PL and performed similarly well but as it is, he's a real gamble in my mind

settembrini

Tough call but I'd go with Fernandes. He's younger than Eriksen and played at a higher level last year then I've ever seen from Eriksen.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Eriksen to be our David Silva, Pogba to be our De Bruyne.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I'm leaning towards Fernandes but only because he is younger and I have the feeling that Tottenham is only willing to let Erikson leave so they can fund a move for Fernandes...

fergosaurus

Eriksen but either would be fantastic. Hell, even Mario Lemina is starting to look good at this point.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
I've never seen Eriksen cry. He looks way too cool to cry.

Now, Bruno! He would play his heart out for United. AND he has skills.

And, of course, the "right kind of character".

gza the genius

I’m thinking Bruno. More years on the clock. More industrious. Very high ceiling. Much Less wages. Right now Eriksen is the better player but in a different system and we’ve been stung by these type of transfers over and over in recent years. If this really is a project and we are trying to build something new then we should be signing the Bruno’s of this world, if he comes good he’ll be worth double what we payed for him in a few seasons.
I'd go for Bruno as well because of exactly what you said.

Eriksen is obviously the better player and has EPL experience but I think Bruno would offer more defensive work than Eriksen and given either one would be in with Pogba I think we need that little bit extra work rate that Bruno would provide.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Eriksen is definition of PL proven and Ole seems to love players familiar with English football. Bruno's talent is clearly visible and young age is what Ole looking for to rebuild United with fresh energy.

Both are needed. Every signing of Eriksen/Bruno or even Dybala is a win, as United's brand needs players with technique and imagination

ash_86

I'd take Eriksen right now. He's in the right age for a midfielder. We have too many 18-24 yr old's in our team. The team needs some maturity.

Momochiru

Eriksen' pros:
  • much better player
  • PL proven
  • weaken a rival
  • rare opportunity to sign 100M player for half price
  • would be strengthening both our midfield and attack
Eriksen's cons:
  • he might be motivated to leave Spurs, because he is frustrated by not winning anything, which means he wouldn't be so keen to join us and an uninterested player is not what we need
  • high wage
  • opens the option for Pogba to leave to Real
  • we might become a bit too attacking with him and Pogba in the same team, so would need another transfer to upgrade DM
Fernandes pros:
  • hungry and willing to come to us
  • younger
  • opens the option for Spurs to sell Eriksen to Real, and for them to drop any interest in Pogba
Fernandes cons:
  • not PL proven and much bigger gamble

Overall Eriksen is much better on paper, but if getting him means that we lose Pogba, then it's questionable it he is the better option.

tomaldinho1

Eriksen' pros:
  • much better player
  • PL proven
  • weaken a rival
  • rare opportunity to sign 100M player for half price
  • would be strengthening both our midfield and attack
Eriksen's cons:
  • he might be motivated to leave Spurs, because he is frustrated by not winning anything, which means he wouldn't be so keen to join us and an uninterested player is not what we need
  • high wage
  • opens the option for Pogba to leave to Real
  • we might become a bit too attacking with him and Pogba in the same team, so would need another transfer to upgrade DM
Fernandes pros:
  • hungry and willing to come to us
  • younger
  • opens the option for Spurs to sell Eriksen to Real, and for them to drop any interest in Pogba
Fernandes cons:
  • not PL proven and much bigger gamble

Overall Eriksen is much better on paper, but if getting him means that we lose Pogba, then it's questionable it he is the better option.
We shouldn't not sign players because we're scared Pogba will leave... by that logic we should not address our CM deficiencies at all