Erling Håland

John Blund

Super funny troll. Good thing he's white, so we can make jokes about his looks. This was irony - these jokes are not my cup of tea.

Saw the game today - he looks better than Lukaku. He's not good in the air/e.g. winning headers, but he scored a nice header when unmarked. Great strength, a good burst of speed on short distances, seem to always get a shot towards the goal. And he's willing to do a fair share of high pressing. Also impressed by Hee Chan and Minamino.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
If we don't get this done considering how highly the lad speaks of our current manager then we're officially the worst run club in sports.

Ventura

The first player in history to score 6 in his first 3 CL games. Sure, it's a very specific stat, but still impressive!

troylocker

Ole had this kid under his nose for two seasons, why didnt we try and sign him for the 20 mil or whatever they wanted? Could've always loaned him out if he wasn't ready for the prem.
He was sold to RB Salzburg while Ole was his manager at Molde. He wasn’t played much for RB before the summer, and his insane form started this season. Impossible to blaim Ole for not having him in the squad now.....
Besides no one could possibly know he would explode this fast. He was good last season at Molde (at 17-18), but he has evolved like crazy this year. 20 goals (4 hattrick) and 5 assists in 13 games in league, domestic cup and CL this season is just bananas for a 19 year old (and he’s been injured and sick the last 3 and a half weeks)
Unfortunately everyone has their eyes on him now....

Last edited:

Ulfsark

Supports
Wolves
The first player in history to score 6 in his first 3 CL games. Sure, it's a very specific stat, but still impressive!
Played 72 mins against Genk, scored 3.
Played 34 mins against Liverpool, scored 1.
Played 90 mins against Napoli, scored 2.

Not too shoddy for a noggy :cool:

=O=

Dante

Average bang
The opinion on him used to be that he was a prolific clogger. Has the tide turned now? Do people think his skill-set is rounded enough for a CL challenging side?

ArjenIsM3

He moved in January. One year is a long time in football.
The 3,5 years he has left on his contract with the relatively wealthy club he's at tell me otherwise. Anyway, we'll see. Can't see him moving this year unless someone offers silly money for him.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
The real deal. We have to take advantage of the ole links. Would add options even if he’s not as mobile as ole might want to lead the line in his ideal system.

John Blund

The real deal. We have to take advantage of the ole links. Would add options even if he’s not as mobile as ole might want to lead the line in his ideal system.
Ole used him when he was like 17 at Molde? If we get a chance, we should do as Chelsea's done it for several years. Buy and loan out for a season or two. At the moment, this guy would walk straight into our team. I'm not sure he'd currently be good enough for a title-challenging team, but he's currently good enough to get a few starts for us.

Dve

Haaland has during the last 4 months scored 30 goals in all competitions. Who tops that?

He would cost silly money in January, I think it´s just to forget about that. Earliest in the summer.

Last edited:

Josep Dowling

Couldn’t we have bought him and sent him out on loan like every other big club does?

We were scouting him, had contacts at the club, a manager who had a good relationship with him yet decided ‘no we need to pass on this, look let’s get Dybala for £100m’.

Josep Dowling

Ole had this kid under his nose for two seasons, why didnt we try and sign him for the 20 mil or whatever they wanted? Could've always loaned him out if he wasn't ready for the prem.
£20m? He was available for nothing in footballing terms, £4.5m. That’s what makes it so frustrating.

meamth

I'm sold!!

Haaland for United. I think he is the type of center forward I really miss at United.

Physically imposing, technically good, good in the air, knack of scoring tap ins.. he has it all!

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
This guy has immense potential.

Reminds me of Lewandowski, combining good physique with fantastic skill on the ball.

Not sure it would be wise to move to United as soon as this summer, but we must keep close contact with his agent.

Jibbs

Need to get this done in Jan. Hopefully Salzburg doesn't qualify t the knockout stage. While we are at it, anyone of Minamino or Daka will be great too.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Very strange. If he's that good usually the new manager does everything to bring in a player he has worked with and is that.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
mu4c_2Ole said:
Ole had this kid under his nose for two seasons, why didnt we try and sign him for the 20 mil or whatever they wanted?
We're still preparing a bid, so we'll have signed Alf-Inge Haland by 2023.

Red_toad

£70 million net spend and other priorities. Or the late sale of Lukaku, who knows, but we can’t just sign everyone, our owners wouldn’t allow it...

meamth

This Salzburg team reminded me of Dortmund on the rise.

So many exciting young players impressing and might surprise everyone if they go to the 2nd round.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Great talent but at the moment he would be crazy if he thinking about joining a manager like Solksjaer.

The way United play with Ole as a manager doesn’t suit a striker like him. First 20-30 minutes with a energetic intensive pressing game, then lose almost all possession, drop back and sit deep in a 451 or 631 formation. If he’s lucky we hopefully create a couple of counter attacking situations, maybe a corner or two.

United with Ole is a strikers graveyard. If I was his agent I would wait until United had a possession friendly manager and coach who knows how to develops his player technique and overall movements.

With us Haaland would regress and lose his confidence in the space of a month or two.

meamth

Great talent but at the moment he would be crazy if he thinking about joining a manager like Solksjaer.

The way United play with Ole as a manager doesn’t suit a striker like him. First 20-30 minutes with a energetic intensive pressing game, then lose almost all possession, drop back and sit deep in a 451 or 631 formation. If he’s lucky we hopefully create a couple of counter attacking situations, maybe a corner or two.

United with Ole is a strikers graveyard. If I was his agent I would wait until United had a possession friendly manager and coach who knows how to develops his player technique and overall movements.

With us Haaland would regress and lose his confidence in the space of a month or two.
Dominating possession play is dead.

The state of modern football for superior teams is fast passing football. That is the only way teams in the premier league separates their quality.

When opposing teams parked the bus, that is the only way to unlock them. Even Barca played like this now.

PSG on the other night for example, plays identical fast paced passing like Liverpool/City/Chelsea did.

We tried tiki taka with LVG, it failed, because football is constantly evolving.

If we need to improve, we need the players to be better and not wasteful when playing fast passing attack.

amolbhatia50k

The state of modern football for superior teams is fast passing football. That is the only way teams in the premier league separates their quality.

When opposing teams parked the bus, that is the only way to unlock them. Even Barca played like this now.

PSG on the other night for example, plays identical fast paced passing like Liverpool/City/Chelsea did.

We tried tiki taka with LVG, it failed, because football is constantly evolving.

If we need to improve, we need the players to be better and not wasteful when playing fast passing attack.
City play possession football. As do Liverpool now. Same with City and Barcelona. Just becuase they all don't play identical to Peps Barcelona (on account of not having Xavi, Iniesta and Messi) doesn't mean it isn't possession football. Also possession football doesn't mean you have to pass it around slowly. LVG 's time here seems to have really confused everybody on what possession football is. It was various iterations and variations. Out of the aforementioned ones I suppose Liverpool are the only debateable one, but I think they have in recent times moved from the mad press counter attack style to a more possession based one - and it's helped them.

amolbhatia50k

Just to add, we don't need to become a purely and completely possession football team but every top team these days needs to be able to dominate the middle of the park and be able to control the game. Under Ole we seem to have tried to become this slam bam team that tries to score in a few passes - possibly trying to emulate Klopp at Dortmund and initial period at Liverpool. But it's all wishful thinking given our manager doesn't understand how to pull it off, and in truth, in today's day and age, every quality has to value quality in possession. Recycling possession, retaining the ball despite the press, being able to deal with tight spaces , move the ball forward in central and congested areas (our weakest point) - call it possession football, call it whatever, these are aspects that if we don't sort out we will continue to struggle. Ole did well early on with some often jammy counter attacking football but eventually, despite him seemingly not treating this as an area of importance, quality possession play is essential for any top team.

lysglimt

Scout
He could easily end up being too expensive for us. And by expensive I mean we can afford to buy him, but the price for him alone would take so much of our transfer budget that we decide not to. We simply have too many holes to fill, so I doubt we can afford to gamble on £80-90 million on this guy alone.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
This guy has immense potential.

Reminds me of Lewandowski, combining good physique with fantastic skill on the ball.

Not sure it would be wise to move to United as soon as this summer, but we must keep close contact with his agent.
You think the summer is too soon? I say get him in January. Why wait for his stock to go even higher than it's already risen. This kid is the real deal...

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is the real deal, we should sign him in Jan, or at least try to sign him. I watched highlights before and watched only 1 full game (vs Napoli) and I was very impressed.

meamth

City play possession football. As do Liverpool now. Same with City and Barcelona. Just becuase they all don't play identical to Peps Barcelona (on account of not having Xavi, Iniesta and Messi) doesn't mean it isn't possession football. Also possession football doesn't mean you have to pass it around slowly. LVG 's time here seems to have really confused everybody on what possession football is. It was various iterations and variations. Out of the aforementioned ones I suppose Liverpool are the only debateable one, but I think they have in recent times moved from the mad press counter attack style to a more possession based one - and it's helped them.
Yes it's all about phases of play in modern football. Stamina and work rate is used tactically during a game.

• There is controlling phase (possession across the back line to midfield, conservating stamina through patient attacks.)
  • The Attacking phase (Teams will start pressing hard, passing fast to score goals. This is when we drain stamina the most.)
  • The Defending phase (Normally when we're done attacking, we will have to sit back and minimize pressing efforts to avoid injuries to players. Attacking will be reduced to counter attacking.)\
City, Liverpool, Chelsea, PSG and other elite teams have quality midfielders to control the game for the large part of the game. Something that is missing in our team at the moment, due to midfield lack of signings and injuries. We are capable of playing along the back line, but that will invite pressure and mistakes if we kept that for most of our games.

City plays possession football for the large part of the game, simply because they have proper players for that. Some might think it's typical possession football, play it slow, composed and relaxed, but no. It is more fast and direct compared to possession football in the past. But then again, they will struggle now due to injuries.

Lemansky

He loves Ole and loved playing under him. So this post could not be anymore from the truth. If we wanted him we would be instant favourites for his signing. He would play a lot here, and that would be great for his development.

vayid

lets just give salzburg 100 million for Hee Chan, Minamino and Haland. Would probably mean no/less game time for Gomes, Chong and Greenwood. But would definitely take Hee Chan over Lingard and Mata at the moment.

meamth

He could easily end up being too expensive for us. And by expensive I mean we can afford to buy him, but the price for him alone would take so much of our transfer budget that we decide not to. We simply have too many holes to fill, so I doubt we can afford to gamble on £80-90 million on this guy alone.
We don't want to miss another De Ligt/Joao Felix level talent do we?

This is the player we have to sign moving forward, no matter what the cost.

Champagne Football

Red Bull Salzburg is one of the best places for a kid to be developed. Sadio Mane, Naby Keita, Upamecano were all developed there.

I don't get why some fans on here are confused as to why a super talented kid, would choose to be developed at Salzburg instead of at Utd.

Isn't Halaand linked to Raiola? I'm not sure the board want to go down that route again. Besides, aren't we grooming Greenwood to be our next long-term striker?