Erling Håland

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Haaland is Norwegian. Reportedly he chose Salzburg to his development, over Juventus last year.

The valuation market for "potential" megastar teenagers have never been more contested and expensive. I think Haaland might collect a £40-60m valuation including clauses, but who knows. Joao Felix went for fantasy money.

Haalands value will largely be decided by how superior he is to everyone else in Austria, and CL performance. Obviously making Koulibaly look silly is going to help there. Haaland is somewhat of a rarity, a big and tall player, with crazy speed and good ball handbling ability, and from what we know now, excellent finishing. Haaland was recently clocked in at a 36 km/h top speed on the pitch. Arjen Robben holds the world record at 37 km/h (dont know digits for any of the two). In comparison Ronaldos stop speed has measured at 33.3 (I think .3 was right, but certainly 33.something)

There are the myriads of "what ifs and what about this and that" that everyone should ask, but from what we see today, MUFC should knows its visiting hours and utilize the OGS factor for all its worth. Haaland could be one of the greatest forward talents this decade.
He's not from Austria.

Again, the people behind Salzburg and Leipzig aren't idiots. They're well aware that if Haaland keeps this up, they'll be sitting on one of the most sought after talents in Europe. Suggesting a fee rising up to £50mill is pretty naive in those circumstances.
"Austrian league ".

Point being- imo, dont think he is worth that money esp he is only 19 year old and playing in Austria.

Felix is an interesting comparison. On the contrary, I dont think Benfica was paid that much though but again, he is from a superior league as well. That was a very overpriced deal as well.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
"Austrian league ".

Point being- imo, dont think he is worth that money esp he is only 19 year old and playing in Austria.

Felix is an interesting comparison. On the contrary, I dont think Benfica was paid that much though but again, he is from a superior league as well. That was a very overpriced deal as well.
You don't think Benfica receiving £108 million for Felix was that much? Or am I reading your sentence wrong since you said its overpriced as well?

Eriku

Haaland is Norwegian. Reportedly he chose Salzburg to his development, over Juventus last year.

The valuation market for "potential" megastar teenagers have never been more contested and expensive. I think Haaland might collect a £40-60m valuation including clauses, but who knows. Joao Felix went for fantasy money.

Haalands value will largely be decided by how superior he is to everyone else in Austria, and CL performance. Obviously making Koulibaly look silly is going to help there. Haaland is somewhat of a rarity, a big and tall player, with crazy speed and good ball handbling ability, and from what we know now, excellent finishing. Haaland was recently clocked in at a 36 km/h top speed on the pitch. Arjen Robben holds the world record at 37 km/h (dont know digits for any of the two). In comparison Ronaldos stop speed has measured at 33.3 (I think .3 was right, but certainly 33.something)

There are the myriads of "what ifs and what about this and that" that everyone should ask, but from what we see today, MUFC should knows its visiting hours and utilize the OGS factor for all its worth. Haaland could be one of the greatest forward talents this decade.
That is a glorious literal translation :lol:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
You don't think Benfica receiving £108 million for Felix was that much? Or am I reading your sentence wrong since you said its overpriced as well?
Wasn't there a report that deal was pretty shady ? It was supposed to be 100m plus but I dont think they received or will ever receive 100m +.

Yes, it was an overpriced deal to me. 19 year old kid who has proved nothing isn't worth 100m +.

UncleBob

"Austrian league ".

But then again they don’t call you to approve valuations, do they ?

Cathy Ferguson

The valuation is not just based on the league he plays in. Red Bull Salzburg are also in the champions league, where they might very well move forward much in thanks to Haaland if he keeps pace. He also just broke a CL scoring record and took it away from Messi and Ronaldo.

So yeah, if he keeps tearing it up in the CL his price can be any kind of number. If he somehow becomes tournament top scorer on bloody Salzburg he’s not going anywhere for less than all the money.

For the price talent are leaving for today, a price north of £50m is more than plausible
Well, that is what I wrote actually.

Gasolin

Of course no, let's as well shut down the forum. After all we dont get to decide anything anways.
:lol::lol::lol: that cracked me up! Not that I disagree, but it is true that we are discussing about topics we have absolutely no control at all.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
An Austrian journalist is reporting Haaland to United in Winter.
Link please? and also if you know whether the journalist is reliable or not?

AneRu

Stroppy Martial would be back if we made this signing in January, but I don't care. Think this lad looks far more likely to become a top number 9.
I like Martial very much but we can't miss out on a potential generational talent on his account. It all depends on how he takes the coming of a new player and how the manager utilizes them rationally or as a pair. If he sulks then he will be sold, simple.

troylocker

Scored another one in the cup yesterday with only 35 minutes on the pitch and scored a league goal on sunday playing 65 minutes as well. Up to 22 goals in 15 official matches for Salzburg this season now, averaging on a goal every 48 minutes of play. Crazy stats!

theklr

Stroppy Martial would be back if we made this signing in January, but I don't care. Think this lad looks far more likely to become a top number 9.
Haaland would make an excellent impact sub and against low block teams. With Martial beeing injury prone its good that he doesnt have to play full 90 minutes each game, which he probably will in PL and knock-out stages of EL.

The question is rather if Haaland would be ok with that role. Would think Solskjær would be honest about that if Haaland is considering the move here.

troylocker

Resch, you're from Salzburg; What does the Salzburgers think about this guy? Have you ever had a bigger talent in the league before?

Infestissumam

Resch, you're from Salzburg; What does the Salzburgers think about this guy? Have you ever had a bigger talent in the league before?
not sure we have. Keita, Mane, Kampl and the likes were all amazing, but this kid is something else. I've never seen a kid have that impact that quickly.

Links to United are heating up here, btw. Marsch was even asked about it today and he said it's normal that such rumours come up. Says he's confident he'll stay. Here's the link in German:

https://sport.orf.at/stories/3055262/

Alfie092

If he does come to us, whether in January or in the summer, how much we he approximately cost us?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
The fact he's left-footed is an advantage for him. It makes him more unpredictable for right-footed CB's, who are likely the majority compared to left-footed CB's.

CR1

Regarding the pecking order of the forwards:

If we buy Haaland he'd be the first-choice central forward for me. At least long term. We'd then have five forwards for three or two positions, depending on the formation (4-3-3 or 5-3-2): Haaland, Rashford, James, Martial, Greenwood.

If 4-3-3 is to be our main formation then there may even be room to buy one more forward and IMO that should be Werner. Especially if Greenwood goes out on loan which I think perhaps he should.

We've seen how James and Rashford in particular have been playing almost every match so far this season, due to us lacking in squad depth. Adding at least one more forward is a must and Haaland should be our number one transfer target for that. Actually, he should be our number one transfer target full stop.

dev1l

Apparently Raiola is involved with Haaland...this might end up In another DeLigt saga.
If that s the case we should stay away

Mr.Marty

I hope the kid knows what he's doing, if he goes to United. Haaland is not a complete forward, he's a poacher, he needs support and I don't see much support in the our team right now. Mabye if we get Eriksen and some good wings.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Salzburg hoping to get €60m for him in the summer according to Romano.

theklr

Regarding the pecking order of the forwards:

If we buy Haaland he'd be the first-choice central forward for me. At least long term. We'd then have five forwards for three or two positions, depending on the formation (4-3-3 or 5-3-2): Haaland, Rashford, James, Martial, Greenwood.

If 4-3-3 is to be our main formation then there may even be room to buy one more forward and IMO that should be Werner. Especially if Greenwood goes out on loan which I think perhaps he should.

We've seen how James and Rashford in particular have been playing almost every match so far this season, due to us lacking in squad depth. Adding at least one more forward is a must and Haaland should be our number one transfer target for that. Actually, he should be our number one transfer target full stop.
No, sorry, he is not ready to be the first choice CF in United in my opinion. His hold-up play is not good enough, and against the best or low block good PL teams he wont function properly in the beginning for that role.

He should be an impact sub or starting in easier games, at least for a year or two

troylocker

No, sorry, he is not ready to be the first choice CF in United in my opinion. His hold-up play is not good enough, and against the best or low block good PL teams he wont function properly in the beginning for that role.

He should be an impact sub or starting in easier games, at least for a year or two
I disagree with you on this one. He is stronger, faster, has better off the ball movement, is a lot more direct in his play, is a better finisher and a in general a much bigger threat than any of our forwards already now at 19. He has already showed that he handles big games and tough opposition (Ask Koulibaly if he was comfortable trying to handle this guy). He looks long and clumsy, but has in fact got very efficient technique, first touch and great vision. Should be tried as a first choice in any big team. Good enough now and with a skyhigh potential.

Last edited:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I don't think we will even get him. Does Ole really wants him though? On the other week Ole was praising Martial as a central striker or no 9 means Martial is his long term striker plan or at least until end of the season. If we sign this guy in winter January, it means he will be signed to be 2nd choice until end of the season. Signing him but loan him back until end of the season is not a bad idea though.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I don't think we will even get him. Does Ole really wants him though? On the other week Ole was praising Martial as a central striker or no 9 means Martial is his long term striker plan or at least until end of the season. If we sign this guy in winter January, it means he will be signed to be 2nd choice until end of the season. Signing him but loan him back until end of the season is not a bad idea though.
Considering his personal relationship with Ole, i think we actually might be favorites to get his signature. And i do imagine Ole would want him. Its not like we are overstocked on forwards right now