Erling Håland

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I think it's just a case of bad timing. Haaland had already been sold to RB at the time of Ole to United. Also he spent his first six months getting to know the club and team mates before really breaking through this season. It was Ole that brought him to Molde and gave him his debut and Erling has also said that he's been regularly in touch with Ole to get some advice. I bet no one is monitoring his situation more closely than Ole.
Theres a sequence of personal relationships here that are very helpful IF the club ever decides to make Salzburg an offer for Haaland:

Jim Solbakken is Haalands agent and advisor.

Jim Solbakken is also OGS's best friend. On top of that, Alf Inge Haaland, former Man C player and Braut Haalands dad, has a very good relationship with both OGS and Solbakken. Add that to the fact that the person who both recruited and developed a younger Braut Haaland was the current Manchester United manager, OGS.

So from a relationship standpoint, the only natural place to go for Braut Haaland is Manchester United.

From an everything else standpoint, well that depends on the usual factors, do we qualify for CL (does Haaland care if we don't), does he fit the teams playing style (this point is kinda important, Haaland is not an angel on the ball but man is he fast), will another club outbid us and maybe most importantly, who is the manager next year. If OGS goes, that puts a huge damper on the potential of a move.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
It can be difficult. Where are you from? Thought you were living in Italy.
Yep, I'm in Italy, but I've been spending more and more time in Norway over the last 3 years. Gotta finish one more Norwegian language course and I'll start working full time in Norway from next year.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Yep, I'm in Italy, but I've been spending more and more time in Norway over the last 3 years. Gotta finish one more Norwegian language course and I'll start working full time in Norway from next year.
Sounds good. If you want to learn nynorsk, you know who to contact.

poleglass red

If he did sign for us, that would probably put an end to any chance of Keano coming back to manage us. A case of "the sins of the father shall be visited upon the sons". haha

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
If he did sign for us, that would probably put an end to any chance of Keano coming back to manage us. A case of "the sins of the father shall be visited upon the sons". haha
That's probably something United don't give a damn about.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He has 26 goals and 5 assists in his last 12 official games. Absolute madlad.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Does anyone want Keane as manager?

Dve

Very talented player. Could be a real star some day. Not ready for a top club of course, he lacks alot to his game. But 3 goals in the CL is very very impressive.

Looking good for young Norwegians at the moment, but dont get the hype about Ajer at all though.
I think the best answer to that is to quote Celtic fans (who actually see him play week in and week out):

"Best player to come through our youth system since Naismith easily."
"We're lucky to have that big stallion, he's being watched from the very top without a shred of doubt."
"He's worth his weight in diamonds. Great footballer and a fantastic defender."
"An absolute colossus for us at the moment and becoming a leader on the park too."
"Some of his footwork moving the ball forward is fantastic. One wee Michael Laudrup moment especially. I think I'm in love"
"The big man is a Rolls Royce of a player, the likes of which we haven’t seen since VVD."
"Running out of superlatives. My favourite current player. An absolute joy to watch him grow into the magnificent player that he is."
"Hes a machine"
"best defender in the league by a mile, hes going to be a future captain"
"He gives you the impression he could play absolutely anywhere. He's an outstanding player."
"If and it’s a big if we can keep him for this & next season and win both, he will be up there and remembered as one of the best we’ve ever had."
"Our best footballer period."
"Top player. Top, top player."

Get it?

To me, the greatest Norwegian prospect of today are Ødegaard, Håland and Ajer. I really rate Berge too, but I have a feeling the injury that sidelined him last season is still holding him back a bit. Sevilla were eager to sign him, but Genk refused to sell as they understood his value would only raise. The future looks bright for Norway at the moment.

Dve

Possibly. But then not much would change in that regard until he's 22/23. On the other hand, if he's like Lukaku, he may not believe that he's the right fit for us.
Håland is not Lukaku. They are both big and strong, but being big and strong should never disqualify you from being a United player, should it.

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Your words show the frustration of an Austria or Rapid fan. There is no idea, no plan left in the Austrian capital to win anything. Only the bitterness of mediocrity grows faster and faster in the shadow of football giants like LASK and WAC. Haland will be in the PL sooner than later, like Schlager joined Wolfsburg, Lainer followed Rose. Some players may join RBL, but it is the players choice not RBLs oder REd Bulls.
Haha, I support (and have a season card for) Wiener Sport-Club. We haven't had an "idea" since the 50s :lol:. At least in terms of winning football.

None of the Austrian clubs are going to win anything. RB Salzburg is just a feeder club for RB's bigger ambitions in Germany. There's no "plan" there beyond that.

Dve

United should buy him for 35 millions in January and send him back to Salzburg for a year. Waiting too long would be big mistake!
You only say that because you´re from Salzburg :lol:. If he was signed in January, I would not send him anywhere.

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonatan_Soriano
This was pretty much the best scorer in Austria.

Sadio Mane on the other hand had "just" 31 goals in 63 games. Hard to project how a player will fare for a top team later on - nevertheless no doubt that Håland's scoring rate is really impressive.
I watched Mane play life a few times here in Austria. It was like watching an alien from some kind of planet that specialized in football. A blind man could have scouted him as a top talent.

Schneckerl

I watched Mane play life a few times here in Austria. It was like watching an alien from some kind of planet that specialized in football. A blind man could have scouted him as a top talent.
Sorry, this was misleading - you're right, Mane was something else and it was obvious how much of a talent he is.
Just saying that he wasn't the highest-scoring player here, but went on to win the EPL golden boot.

Dve

I can tell Håland is a special talent. And I´m not even blind.

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Sorry, this was misleading - you're right, Mane was something else and it was obvious how much of a talent he is.
Just saying that he wasn't the highest-scoring player here, but went on to win the EPL golden boot.
Yeah, the devastating scoring came a bit later for him (after he left Austria) He was so good though, just destroyed every defence he faced. Nobody could stay with him.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Roy Keane punditry would be hilarious to listen to if he actually did sign and play well for Man. United.

minh_loc_xoay

Roy Keane punditry would be hilarious to listen to if he actually did sign and play well for Man. United.
Am I the only one who thinks Roy Keane would not care about that? He got his "revenge" already in his mind and should have truly put it well behind him.