Erling Håland

MUFC OK

Benzema is in the form of his career

And it's early anyways. Now that we get Isco and everyone else back we might start seeing more of him
Will Zidane ever not start Benzema though? I dont think he will. He's in the form of his career as you say but the team isn't performing so well.

Dve

He's an interesting prospect but i think we would be better served by an experienced striker now to balance the youth of Greenwood and even Rashford and Martial. Would still like him though.
I think both Ole will do both. Mandzukic in January, Haaland next summer.

Alabaster Codify7

This would be excellent, proactive business. Mandzukic in, January, to add around 5-10 goals for us or something and put in a graft and add some experienced guidance to our young forwards. Haaland in the summer, ready to compete for a first team spot - Greenwood potentially loaned to a good team who will play him every week.

More proactive, would have been to sign Mandzukic THIS summer, of course.

And anything including the word 'proactive' means our club won't be doing this.

lsd

The Oracle
People turning their nose on one of the brightest nr9 projects out there while we are fielding a striker that scored one in his last 18 performances. This board is amazing at times.
Oh btw. Mane was also from the Austrian league. One of the very the best players in the PL right now.

Oh well obviously every player from that league is clearly going to turn out to be another Mane

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
If,for unfortunate reasons,he fails to make it at the top he could always consider a career in gurning.

Seriously I like the look of him,Minamino and especially Hee-Chan.
We likely wont get any of them.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Will Zidane ever not start Benzema though? I dont think he will. He's in the form of his career as you say but the team isn't performing so well.
Eeeh. Well. Jovic started against Osasuna, missed a bunch of sitters and had a goal ruled out by VAR because the tip of his dick was offside

But no, Zidane would be a fool to drop Benzema right now, he's our best player by miles. Rather see them together again like in Villarreal, but with Isco(or James) behind them and the starting midfield 3.

jackal&hyde

This would make a lot of sense. I suspect the board blocked the Mandzukic deal in the summer until Lukaku was gone, but by then it was to late. Whomever thought that the PL transfer window should shut before the European one has got it so, so wrong.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Oh well obviously every player from that league is clearly going to turn out to be another Mane
Just like signing someone from England is going to turn out to be another shearer.
There’s no guarantee with any player we sign.
I don’t get people - one minute moaning that our scouts are naff because we don’t sign players before they become well known then on the flip side moaning because we might be interested in unproven ‘punts’ from other leagues. Jesus most of this board were against signing James. Now I’d kill to get someone like Haaland getting on the end of his crosses rather than continually having no options in the box and no one making runs

Bestietom

Just like signing someone from England is going to turn out to be another shearer.
There’s no guarantee with any player we sign.
I don’t get people - one minute moaning that our scouts are naff because we don’t sign players before they become well known then on the flip side moaning because we might be interested in unproven ‘punts’ from other leagues. Jesus most of this board were against signing James. Now I’d kill to get someone like Haaland getting on the end of his crosses rather than continually having no options in the box and no one making runs
Well said. I agree, There was some very good skillful players on show last night and they gave Liverpool a real fright. Hwang just mesmerised Van Dijk before scoring, then an assist also.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It's frustrating. I don't see how anyone can complain if we did sign Haland. He's scored goal everywhere, be that in Norway, Austria or Internationals. This is his first Champions League campaign and he already has 4 goals for fecks sake! As a 19 year old playing for what many would consider a tier 3 team. I mean what does the lad have to do?

He could flop, thats always part of the risk. Alternatively he could become a superb player, it's a punt. I'd rather take punts on hungry young lads with a point to prove than pay out for an older player who's in it for the wages.

meamth

It's frustrating. I don't see how anyone can complain if we did sign Haland. He's scored goal everywhere, be that in Norway, Austria or Internationals. This is his first Champions League campaign and he already has 4 goals for fecks sake! As a 19 year old playing for what many would consider a tier 3 team. I mean what does the lad have to do?

He could flop, thats always part of the risk. Alternatively he could become a superb player, it's a punt. I'd rather take punts on hungry young lads with a point to prove than pay out for an older player who's in it for the wages.
Agreed,

We have high technical forwards in Martial and Greenwood. Bring in a young targetman to complete the set of 3 strikers.

Haland fits the bill perfectly.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
“Don’t sign that player from a lesser league, he may not step up”

said Player joins a rival team and is playing great

“What the feck are our scouts doing? Why weren’t we in for him?”

meamth

Let's say we sign Haland and Odegaard, I bet the media will remind us about his signings during Cardiff.
Caf will go mad.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Don't buy players from lesser leagues
Don't buy players from top teams, as they'll be cast offs
Don't buy players from relegated, or lower division teams
Don't buy anyone over about 27 as they might "decline".

You wonder who the perfect players to buy actually are!

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Do you have confidence that United,Ole and Ed would make these sort of signings though ?

Devil may care

I’m baiting him? He’s referring to other Salzburg players by their ethnicity rather than their name, but you want me to believe this guy knows about Austrian football? Are you really this gullible?

Looking at the language you’re using right now, it’s abundantly clear who is being the toxic troll.
Awww I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were so sensitive to naughty words. It's not gullible to respect someone and not be an arsehole towards them for having an opinion and then attack their integrity, normally I'd have ignored a post as dumb as yours but all you do is float around here looking to pick fights, you don't know if Fosu has seen much of the team or not based off the fact he talked about a player by his ethnicity, he wasn't claiming to have watched them every week or anything of the sort, but here's a tip, there's this thing called the worldwide web that means it's easy to see football from all over the world which means not everyone is as ignorant as you when it comes to players outside of the PL, now let that marinate and don't reply unless it's to say thank you.

But but but he said you don't know anything about football!!
Y'know I was thinking about you when I saw Ivaldo's post as you are very similar, just floating around making sarcastic comments all of the time hoping for a bite, not adding to a discussion, the only difference being you are more polite, and then here you are slipping in sneak shots, very sad to see, do better.

NoLogo

“Don’t sign that player from a lesser league, he may not step up”

said Player joins a rival team and is playing great

“What the feck are our scouts doing? Why weren’t we in for him?”
Yeah especially compared to all those proven PL players who all made it big here. Schneiderlin, Lukaku, Sanchez and the list goes on.

You always have this risk with players coming in that they might not work out and we need to get this out of our had that only PL proven players between the age of 25-27 are the right purchase for us.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Odegaard is the Noggie we need.
You'd think there's no chance Madrid would let him go. Serious talent.

That said, how do you manage to keep Odegaard, Kubo, Rodrygo, and Vinicius Jr. happy whilst also ensuring they maximise potential?

Devil may care

He's raw but has some attributes that differ from our other strikers so if a reasonable price can be agreed he'd be worth a punt, certainly preferable to Mandzukic.

Ban

Y'know I was thinking about you when I saw Ivaldo's post as you are very similar, just floating around making sarcastic comments all of the time hoping for a bite, not adding to a discussion, the only difference being you are more polite, and then here you are slipping in sneak shots, very sad to see, do better.
When it comes from someone who just moans, whines and cries in multiple threads.. Why do you think you're the one who should tell the others how to post and judge the quality of their posts. Do you consider yourself as some kind of authority here?
You're talking about my sneak shots while being aggressive, arrogant and obnoxious towards ivaldo just cause he asked if the guy watched Austrian league.
Anyway it's so cute you were thinking about me. Here's a tip since you like tips, don't do it so much.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Awww I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were so sensitive to naughty words. It's not gullible to respect someone and not be an arsehole towards them for having an opinion and then attack their integrity, normally I'd have ignored a post as dumb as yours but all you do is float around here looking to pick fights, you don't know if Fosu has seen much of the team or not based off the fact he talked about a player by his ethnicity, he wasn't claiming to have watched them every week or anything of the sort, but here's a tip, there's this thing called the worldwide web that means it's easy to see football from all over the world which means not everyone is as ignorant as you when it comes to players outside of the PL, now let that marinate and don't reply unless it's to say thank you.

Oh the hypcrisy in that first paragraph :lol:. It was said tongue in cheek, but you still rolled in, the biggest moaner on the cafe, to give your two cents.

Seriously? You're really trying to put forward an argument that he has watched enough of the Austrian league to formulate a competent opinion of the lad when he refers to another one of Salzburgs key players as 'that Korean guy.' What planet are you on? If someone started calling Pogba 'that French dude who players for Man Utd' you've be happy to accept they've watched plenty of United would you? But sure, he's that much of a football addict he's spending his weekends watching Austrian football on a sketchy stream but can't name a first teamer player for the best team in the league, despite it being written on the back of his friggin' shirt. Makes perfect sense. You're making a fool of yourself but, as usual, you can't let it go.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
You'd think there's no chance Madrid would let him go. Serious talent.

That said, how do you manage to keep Odegaard, Kubo, Rodrygo, and Vinicius Jr. happy whilst also ensuring they maximise potential?
I’m a massive Pogba fan, possibly the biggest on here, but I have been reluctantly exploring the idea over the last few months as to whether it would be a deal that I’d be okay with.

This of course would be a lot easier for me emotionally if Pogba insisted he wanted to go to Real Madrid. Preferably, we would have both players in our midfield along with some sort of street fighter in behind them.

ivaldo

When it comes from someone who just moans, whines and cries in multiple threads.. Why do you think you're the one who should tell the others how to post and judge the quality of their posts. Do you consider yourself as some kind of authority here?
You're talking about my sneak shots while being aggressive, arrogant and obnoxious towards ivaldo just cause he asked if the guy watched Austrian league.
Anyway it's so cute you were thinking about me. Here's a tip since you like tips, don't do it so much.
:lol:

Fosu-Mens

Watch a lot of Austrian football do ya?
Do you?

Unlike the two other players i mentioned, Haaland is far from being the finished product and he got a number of improvementareas in his game: Needs to adapt to his lanky frame, passing, use of his weaker foot and other elements related to experience and understanding of the game. Don't think you need to have watched a lot of Salzburg league games to see that he would need to improve in certain elements of the game to be useful for a team beside scoring goals.

ivaldo

Do you?

Unlike the two other players i mentioned, Haaland is far from being the finished product and he got a number of improvementareas in his game: Needs to adapt to his lanky frame, passing, use of his weaker foot and other elements related to experience and understanding of the game. Don't think you need to have watched a lot of Salzburg league games to see that he would need to improve in certain elements of the game to be useful for a team beside scoring goals.
Nope, hence why I haven't decided whether he's good enough or not for United after a cameo performance where not 100% and a few YouTube clips. :)

Dve

Do you?

Well, besides his 18 goals this season, he also have 5 assists. And despite of him being a huge guy, he´s not bad in the build up play at all. He´s a quick passer, and he actually has a decent first touch - which has been crucial for many of his goals.

A lot of teams seem to be after him, included Barcelona and Juventus. If Ole can make him sign for United, it´s a no-brainer, really.

NYAS

Would love to know how someone in the UK watches the Austrian league, since it's not broadcast over here.

Dodgy streams with a foreign commentator? Give me a break.
How do you know he’s in the UK?

And even if he is, there are a lot of online streaming services that give you access to leagues around the world that you have to pay for and are HD streams. He might be doing that. I do it.

He might not. He might be talking out of his arse to seem cool on RedCafe. Anything’s possible.

What I don’t understand is the quick assumption that he’s full of shite, just because it’s an obscure league. I don’t get how someone reads a post like that, and instead of absorbing the info in it, debating against it, or comparing his opinion to others’, the first thing someone thinks of is “Nah, Austrian football isn’t available to me, so you can’t possibly watch it”. It’s just a very weird thing to take issue with.

The forum is full of this stuff. Anyone who claims to know something about a non-top 5 European league is usually accused of watching short YouTube clips or having an opinion based on FIFA. It’s tedious.

Smores

We really don't need another prospect if we bring anyone in then it needs to be someone who is ready to contribute.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Who left?
They lost five regulars, all to bigger leagues.

Most notably, top scorer Dabbur. Also skipper Lainer, striker Gulbrandsen and two great midfield prospects in Schlager and Wolf. All of them were nailed on starters.

Most of the guys who impressed against Liverpool yesterday were not regulars last season. Haland only broke through in the spring and still featured only occasionally, Hwang was out on loan, Minamino was a squad player. He featured a lot but was not a regular.

Fosu-Mens

Nope, hence why I haven't decided whether he's good enough or not for United after a cameo performance where not 100% and a few YouTube clips. :)
Well, if he can improve one in those elements that i mentioned he can be really good, but he is not the finished product like the South Korean player. That low center of gravity, ability on the ball and movement would make him an instant asset for our attack and pressing.