Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Don't be. He's utter quality, his movement, finishing, strength. It's clear to anyone with eyes that he's a quality player.
His work in the box looks great. What's his general play like? Competent to play for an elite team?

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
60m for a teenager who’s playing in Austria and has scored a total of 23 senior goals is an insane amount of money.
Not saying that 60m is a good price, but the guy also scored 9 for the U21 NT, in one match. All of them were pretty good finishes.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
His work in the box looks great. What's his general play like? Competent to play for an elite team?
The elite team comparison we have is 3 games in the CL, but he made Koulibaly looks silly.. so my judgement is: probably.

He's a team player, able to thread the ball to his teammates through defense. But my favorite thing is that he's faster than Daniel James.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Don't be. He's utter quality, his movement, finishing, strength. It's clear to anyone with eyes that he's a quality player.
It's just that Norway rarely produce quality footballers and now we have Ødegård and possibly Haaland.

It's going to come crashing down.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Cocks out or are we holding them in for now?
It's a weird one. Do we let them recover from the previous summer and slowly build them up for next summer? Or do we go all out right now and risk overuse/overload injuries?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The elite team comparison we have is 3 games in the CL, but he made Koulibaly looks silly.. so my judgement is: probably.

He's a team player, able to thread the ball to his teammates through defense. But my favorite thing is that he's faster than Daniel James.
You don't have to see a player in the CL to see whether he's got the technical qualities.

settembrini

He's got huge potential. I could see us going for him next summer if Martial fails to perform as our #9 this year.

If not us then maybe Bayern to replace Lewandowski or Juventus to replace Ronaldo.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
60m for a teenager who’s playing in Austria and has scored a total of 23 senior goals is an insane amount of money.
True, but I see these type of transfers as very pre-emptive. If Dortmund bought him for €6m and he started banging goals in the Bundesliga, his price would sky rocket to €80m+ and we'd all be trying to figure out "why we didn't buy him before he went to x"

This way we're trying to cut out that entire process and hoping (praying) it works in our favour.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It's just that Norway rarely produce quality footballers and now we have Ødegård and possibly Haaland.

It's going to come crashing down.
For a big lad he's got very good technical skill. Good vision and more importantly (which is rare for a player his age) he seems to make good decisions. He's not the finished article by any means, but his quality is very obvious. He's a beast, an explosive beast. Granted i'm basing this on his Champions League displays but i've watched every one and he's been excellent. I've been watching his career since his Molde days (due to Soccermanager).

Champagne Football

Next summer I certainly expect us to sign four players which would be a right sided attacker, a playmaking midfielder, a defensive midfielder and a striker. Maybe signing Sancho would be difficult and will cost £100 million but signing Haaland from an Austrian side shouldn’t be seen as “fantasy land” especially seeing as Ole has a relationship with Haaland already and it’s known we need a striker to replace Lukaku.
You could be right. But Juventus also need a striker. Salzburg is a gorgeous place with identical climate to Turin. Glorious summers and snow but blue skies in winter. Erling can hop on a train in Turin and go visit his old pals in Salzburg any time. Raiola is involved with Haaland, perhaps as an advisor, and Raiola is in bed with Juventus.
I think the smart money would be on him choosing Juventus. But hopefully his bond with Ole is strong enough, and the fact he was born in Leeds, and the fact his dad was butchered by a Utd legend, might make him feel he has some need to prove himself in the Premier league.

SweetRightFoot

Money doesn't matter, get him in. Guy is a generational talent, crazy skill set, physically dominant and comes from a footballing background.

If you were gunna bet on anyone to have a top, top career it would be him.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Not saying that 60m is a good price, but the guy also scored 9 for the U21 NT, in one match. All of them were pretty good finishes.
Yeah, but even still, 60m is a big gamble on a guy with 23 senior goals and 9 goals against Honduras’ u21 team to his name.

True, but I see these type of transfers as very pre-emptive. If Dortmund bought him for €6m and he started banging goals in the Bundesliga, his price would sky rocket to €80m+ and we'd all be trying to figure out "why we didn't buy him before he went to x"

This way we're trying to cut out that entire process and hoping (praying) it works in our favour.
I get that, but I just think the sample size is too small to pay 60m.

Zlatattack

Money doesn't matter, get him in. Guy is a generational talent, crazy skill set, physically dominant and comes from a footballing background.

If you were gunna bet on anyone to have a top, top career it would be him.
Agree, he should be our top target in the summer, maybe even in Jan and agree to let him stay where he is until summer.

Nick7

He has 22 senior goals this season. 42 senior goals in all.

Jerome Holland

Very mobile for a big guy. The Ole link will sway him. Still young so he could turn out into a top striker, with that being said i think bringing in him along with Mandzukic to learn from would be awesome. Nothing better than learning from a decorated player.......

izec

Fair price really. If he keeps it up, i wouldnt mind him and Odegaard teaming up here next season. Odegaard can take Mata's or Lingard's place and Haaland would replace Lukaku.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Me too. Just not confident, we dont create like salzburg and the physical advantage goes away in PL.
He's big but his style doesn't rely on physicality at all.

His pace movement and energy are far bigger to his game.

He's also not going to cry about the weather and feck off to Spain within 5 years also - that helps.

Irrational.

Yeah, but even still, 60m is a big gamble on a guy with 23 senior goals and 9 goals against Honduras’ u21 team to his name.

I think if you doubled the sample size, his value would double too. It's the right time to buy for any club looking at him that can afford him. Otherwise you'll be looking at figures similar to the Mbappe fee.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
If the sample size becomes too big, he'll attract more suitors and we're then in a bidding war that we'll inevitably lose. And we'll be left asking exactly what it is our scouts do, & why we only bid for players when everyone else do.

It's a lose/lose situation.

RedDevilRoshi

What’s the chances of us signing him in January but letting Salzburg keep him till the summer?

Similar to what Chelsea done with Dortmund for Pulisic

NYAS

Forgot who said it but he’s not faster than fecking Daniel James :lol:

Calm down.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
He’s a huge talent and his progress the last couple of months reminds me of a young Zlatan. His speed and movements is top notch for such a tall player in his age.

I’m not sure going to United so early in his career is the wisest thing to do but I can be wrong, maybe he’s ready to take such a big step. Maybe some of our Norwegian friends have better insights.

I like him. There are similarities with Zlatan on the field, probably not outside. Zlatan was a warrior and a fighter from the very first second, that’s a unique quality. If Erling has only a fraction of that mentality he can go as far as he wants, only injuries will stop him.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Forgot who said it but he’s not faster than fecking Daniel James :lol:

Calm down.
Actually...

Sky Sports Austria report that the Man United-linked goalscorer reached the speed of 36 km/h in the last fixture of the local league. Not too shabby for a 1,94 m striker.

It's even a lot more than the 34.5 km/h Virgil van Dijk attained in the Champions League last season which was the highest speed registered.

Haaland is not far away from the all-time record than he is to van Dijk's last year result. Kylian Mbappe is on record running at 38 km/h. Arjen Robben managed 37 km/h at the World Cup 2014.

Yep, Mbappe can run:
He's rapid. Like seriously fast.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I bet Messi never scored 9 vs Honduras U21!

You're going to have to pay what it takes to beat the other big clubs to good or promising players.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Fair price really. If he keeps it up, i wouldnt mind him and Odegaard teaming up here next season. Odegaard can take Mata's or Lingard's place and Haaland would replace Lukaku.
That would be scenes. I think odegaard will go back to RM though, he's tearing the league up.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I know he’s very fast. Just not faster than Dan James. Unless there are any numbers on the latter’s top speed?
First result on google.

How fast can Daniel James run?
To quantify how quick James is, he was clocked last season at 36km/h - the same speed as Kylian Mbappe and quicker than Theo Walcott's personal best. For what it's worth, Arjen Robben's holds the record for a footballer with 37km/h, while Usain Bolt - in his own mind a footballer - has touched speeds of 44.7 km/h.

Status
Not open for further replies.