Erling Haaland | Dortmund player

Raven

It is the right decision for him, I don't think there was much of a chance of overtaking Martial.

kidbob

Wonder what we will do now? More bothered about a No. 10 and the midfield than another striker.
Yep I'm the same. Olmo or someone of that ilk and a CM this window is more important. Hopefully we can get something going. Then try balls to the wall for Sancho in the summer.

arnie_ni

He most definitely had a low release clause, no way Dortmund would have been able to sign him otherwise.
Why wouldnt we trigger that?

Why were all the tabloids quoting 50 60 70 mil?

Im confused alround

Leg-End

Atleast there won’t be a month of speculation dragged out.

OleBoiii

A forward should be our 3rd or 4th priority, imo. We need a no.10 and a DM first. Possibly a leftback. And if Pogba leaves, then we'll need yet another midfielder.

Haaland would also limit Greenwood's playtime, which I'm not a fan of.

El Zoido

Not too bothered about this, I think we have a strong front three that could potentially become the best in the world.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Disappointing for us especially at that price but it's a good move for him personally and while I'd have loved for us to get a top young striker like that, it's not as big a loss than it would have been if he was a technical winger or a creative midfielder.

Reactions: sizzling sausages

redshaw

Sancho 8 million and now Haland.

At least we know without dragging this out and I believe it's a sensible option, we've only just started showing signs of players improving, like Rashford and Greenwood. For seven years pretty much every player has stagnated or dropped away plus I'd argue the pressure for the club to return to winning ways can be difficult for players and managers, we could be facing turmoil again soon.

Ole has his critics but I do feel he is helping matters at the club for young players.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Why wouldnt we trigger that?

Why were all the tabloids quoting 50 60 70 mil?

Im confused alround
I’m sure we did. Or tried to. Maybe he just didn’t want to join us and wanted Dortmund?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Also, annoying how ruthlessly efficient Dortmund are in the transfer market. Not much of a peep from the media, whilst we're like a hippo slowly drowning in treacle.
Bild has been churning out regular and fairly consistent updates on the Haaland saga, as well as of course the leaked chartered flight. I think it's more that the "sources" from British journos seemed so convinced he'd join United that they didn't bother to pick it up.

BlueHaze

Best club in the world at signing gems for peanuts and offloading them in £100m+ deals. If he does well at Dortmund he'll be off to Bayern within 2 or 3 seasons.

Chairman Steve

From a Utd perspective, I’d rather we get a right forward/winger and some centre mids before contemplating a striker, which is why I’m largely indifferent to Haaland coming here.

Spark

Atleast there won’t be a month of speculation dragged out.
This. Quick execution always preferable.

Not the end of the world by any means, however no denying this bloke is top quality.

On to [enter potentially unattainable but actually crucial midfield player] thread!

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He would have joined United if Robbie Keane hadn't killed his dad. Don't blame him for not being able to look past that.

Irrational.

Bild has been churning out regular and fairly consistent updates on the Haaland saga, as well as of course the leaked chartered flight. I think it's more that the "sources" from British journos seemed so convinced he'd join United that they didn't bother to pick it up.
I suppose so. The arrogance of British tabloids never ceases to amaze me.

Sancho and Haaland in the same team :eek:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The strange thing is that Dortmund aren't actually playing with a striker at the moment and Alcacer, who is a great goal scorer himself, barely gets any minutes.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He would have joined United if Robbie Keane hadn't killed his dad. Don't blame him for not being able to look past that.
Meant to be a Leeds supporter, they hate us more than any other club so it’s not a shock.
Even ignoring that, it’s a far better move for him, be easier for him to get into their side than ours.

SAFMUTD

Im disappointed but cant blame him Dortmund is great developing youngsters and play a very offensive football meanwhile we are a cementery for young prospects in the latter years.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Frustrating, we need a Striker. At least the fans can move on to another player as no doubt Ole and co knew this was happening. Werner, Dembele?

poleglass red

I'd have taken him at that price but I'm not that bothered to be honest. We need creativity in central mid as a priority now. A lot of the haaland hype started before martial and then Greenwood kicked on. Both starting to look good. We move on