Erling Haaland | Dortmund player

InfiniteBoredom

It’s just funny how this place react to essentially the same kind of transfer. Odegaard to Madrid, you have people whining that he was only chasing the money and should have gone to Ajax/Dortmund. Now here’s a kid who did just that, and somehow he’s a puppet who doesn’t have the will to compete for a spot at Utd, with greedy parent/agent.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
If you're that desperate for a title you sign 30 year olds (e.g. Mertens or Vidal), not 19 year olds who will probably need some time to adapt to a new league. I could easily see some form of promise that they will look at good offers a couple of year down the line, like with Sancho, but this is far too much of a financial risk for Dortmund to set a low cap on the profits. Not to mention abandoning their no release clause policy.
I believe the existence of this supposed release clause when it will be confirmed by either the player, his agents or the club and not a moment sooner. Not only has the clubs CEO gone on record dozens of times of a clear policy against release clauses, but the figure is way too low to justify moving away from the policy. That clause barely covers the investment in terms of fees for the transfer, making it an incredibly risky and highly uncharacteristic deal for Borussia Dortmund. The club profiled itself as an elite developer of talents with a knack of generating large profits from them in recent years. It is how it sustained gradual growth.

It would be quite frankly so risky that the club would arguably be legally bound to inform the share holders of that detail, especially because the last information the shareholders got for this topic was the nonexistence of said clauses after Reus slashed the last one of the squad in 2015.

As of now, this reads as nothing more as media spinning to make United losing out appear better, when the more logical explanation is that Haaland simply chose Dortmund as his next destination because he viewed it as the more sensible decision for his career.

432JuanMata

People think Greenwood is ready for the number 9 spot which he isn't. Rashford is gash there too so yeah we need another striker and it seems Ole agrees.
Agree Greenwood has amazing potential but if Martial was out for day 5-10 games he’s not ready to fill in for him

LuckyScout78

About him and Dortmund. On a objective point of view. Right now. If he will play regular for Dortmund as the nr.9 upfront. He will no doubt get more chances created for him on a more consistent level, than United. At this moment. In other words. Better consistent service = scoring mote goals.

In the other hand. He is not my type of CF and nr.9. Not my cup of tea. Even its no doubt he is a natural goalscorer. A young Lukaku with a lot of energy and drive. But i m looking for a young version of Brazil Ronaldo or Lewandoski.
And before Haaland was linked with United, before summer transfer. I recommended United should go for Evertons Richarlison. Not as good as Ronaldo. But as one of the CF upfront with Martial or Greenwood. Richarlison can be really good. Richarlison has the drive, quick acceleration and determination. United had bought two CF from Everton in the last two decade. In Rooney and Lukaku. As a CF Richarlison has everything i look in a CF.

So if United and Ole want a new CF. Everton Richarlison is my best recommendation. And to get the best out of Richarlison and United attacking players. It is to get a consistent really good and creative nr.8, beside Pogba. He hasn’t play so much this season and his future is unclear. A new nr.8, a new RW/Winger and a new CF in Richarlison. United shall be good enough for top 4 each season in the future.

CF options group of Martial(24), Rashford( 22) Greenwood(18) and Richarlison (22)are really good and strong. Best CF options in the league in a few years time.
And with Richarlison you can use him as left winger in need too. But Richarlison is no doubt best in central. Richarlison is a hard working player and have hight figthing spirit. And like Ronaldo, even not as good as him yet. Richarlison can pass players both way too, more unpredictable. But again Richarlison new consistent service. Beside him. A new top/high quality of a creative nr.8 and RW is needed. If he will not score on a consistent level. Individual Richarlison has it. But his success is depend on the quality of his teammates too.

Go for Richarlison United. If you want a new CF. If maybe Evertons noisy neighbor will go for him inn the future. An alternative option to Firminio. The best with Richarlison is the speed and quickness him in. The first metres. When that turbo is on. His acceleration. You don’t find a CF like that beside Vardy. Again, my best recommendation. 22 is the perfect age, to take to the last step to one of the biggest club. As a CF. Richarlison has everything i see in a CF.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Italians always report wages net. He's not a British journalist mate.
I know he reported them as net, which is why I pointed out that they would very likely far surpass the net numbers of Dortmund's current top earner. Which made me wonder why people trust some guy on Twitter, who reports dodgy numbers.

ArjenIsM3

It's probably the best move for him at this point although I would have liked to have him here to compete with Martial. Hope we can still get an attacker in January. Someone experienced like Cavani would be good.

Suedesi

I know he reported them as net, which is why I pointed out that they would very likely far surpass the net numbers of Dortmund's current top earner. Which made me wonder why people trust some guy on Twitter, who reports dodgy numbers.
Fact of the matter is there was an auction for Haaland, Reus is not involved in a bidding war as far as I'm concerned. So Dortmund had to pay up, especially with that low transfer fee. You weren't going to pay him peanuts, were you?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
All in all a good deal for both parties IMO. Dortmund were crying out for a new #9 as Alcacer hasn't been litting it up and Haaland will be a starter.

BristolRuss

£17m, what a bargain :( he would have been fantastic here as we don't have any tall, physical forwards. Would have helped immensely against teams who sit deep because they are wary of our counter attack.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
We'll find someone who doesn't see the club as a stepping stone hopefully.
You don't sound too sure yourself :)
Maybe, but we shouldn't be bending over for an agent/rep like him. He is nothing but trouble.
100% agree. football agents fees should be controlled to let's say 10% of any transfer fee. Its people like Raiola who are ruining the game. When I heard we paid him £40m for Pogba to join us I was absolutely stunned. Despicable excuse for a human being.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Fact of the matter is there was an auction for Haaland, Reus is not involved in a bidding war as far as I'm concerned. So Dortmund had to pay up, especially with that low transfer fee. You weren't going to pay him peanuts, were you?
Think for a second.. please.. You pay that much money to a 19 year old and what do you think will happen the next time you negotiate a contract with a good/important player? They will point towards him and say, "if he's getting that kind of money I want it, too." It's what supposedly happened after United gave Sanchez that silly contract and it's what happened at Bayern, when they broke their wage structure for Götze and Kroos demanded equal pay.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Spurs losing out on Dybala with an Argentine manager was even more impressive.
Spurs isn’t a big club. They have no history and are not a financial powerhouse. If they did/were, Dybala would go to them for free and even throw a fit to leave Juventus since he will be playing for one of the best manager in the world who Argentine as well....Manchester United on the other hand..........

Yea this is quite embarrassing. The only explanation is that we were not interested. However, I doubt that...so I don’t understand why we lost out on Haland. I don’t think we have fallen that low yet. We are still a big club.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Bit disappointing, but I think thats more because the lad is young and the fee wasn't crazy.
That being said, we have bigger problems right now, and to be honest, I already feel like the Glazers have tightened the strings.

We have Greenwood who for me seems a more technical player, and I don't wanna sound like sour grapes, but if Haaland is closer to Lukaku than he is Aguero for example on the technical side of things, he could be a limited, but effective player.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It seemed like he wanted assurances of playing first team football and logically Ole couldn't provide that with Martial at the club.

Joining Dortmund was the correct call from his pov.

Suedesi

Think for a second.. please.. You pay that much money to a 19 year old and what do you think will happen the next time you negotiate a contract with a good/important player? They will point towards him and say, "if he's getting that kind of money I want it, too." It's what supposedly happened after United gave Sanchez that silly contract and it's what happened at Bayern, when they broke their wage structure for Götze and Kroos demanded equal pay.
You wouldn't have gotten him if you didn't pay him handsome wages. Nagelsmann's team bowed out. It was between you and us. And we pay great wages. Therefore, he must have gotten a pretty penny.

Watzke will deny it all he wants, but he's gambling on getting a transfer fee down the road to pay for this operation (transfer, fees and wages).

Fridge chutney

I don't see where he fits in compared to how seamlessly he would fit in at Dortmund.

We need a midfielder, 10 and CB or LB. Haland is none of those.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Cause you're allowed to sign before the window. But he can only join them in January.
I know he can't join until January just thought it wasn't made official until the window opens. Maybe Zorc could come to United for a few weeks and show Woodward exactly how it's done.

Josep Dowling

No its not. Dybala is an established big name player not an up and coming 18 year old. Its an indication that even his ex players are not confident in him.
I think its harsh to blame Ole. On a €20m transfer fee the agency fees make the transfer over double that. Raiola is the issue. He’s always the issue in these situations. Surely as a club we need to come together with other clubs to get these types of agents out of football. They have far too much power.

How can he demand €15m? What has he done for that money?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
You wouldn't have gotten him if you didn't pay him handsome wages. Nagelsmann's team bowed out. It was between you and us. And we pay great wages. Therefore, he must have gotten a pretty penny.

Watzke will deny it all he wants, but he's gambling on getting a transfer fee down the road to pay for this operation (transfer, fees and wages).
I'm not saying I don't expect him to earn well for his age. I'm saying it's insane to believe that a club like Dortmund is going to wreck their wage structure for him (just because some guy on twitter said so).

Btw this is is the google translated first reply of the tweet you (and others) are basing this on.

Sorry but 10 minutes before the announcement you said that the player had not yet decided, now you would know high commissions and prizes and cotillon

It's no surprise disinformation works so well if people just gobble up everything they want to believe. But I know.. I know.. maybe he got a quick call from Raiola after the announcement, we can't know for sure, so there is no reason not to believe that random guy on twitter.

Suedesi

Inappropriate Content
I'm not saying I don't expect him to earn well for his age. I'm saying it's insane to believe that a club like Dortmund is going to wreck their wage structure for him (just because some guy on twitter said so).

Btw this is is the google translated first reply of the tweet you (and others) are basing this on.
WTF are you talking about - I understand Italian perfectly, don't need Google translate to understand you Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime

Sorry but 10 minutes before the announcement you said that the player had not yet decided, now you would know high commissions and prizes and cotillon
10 minutes before the announcement, I did not say anything - in fact I was probably asleep. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's no surprise disinformation works so well if people just gobble up everything they want to believe. But I know.. I know.. maybe he got a quick call from Raiola after the announcement, we can't know for sure, so there is no reason not to believe that random guy on twitter.
He's a well sourced Italian journalist with links to Juve and Raiola, so maybe he does know a bit more than some random Dortmund fan on a Man Utd forum.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
WTF are you talking about - I understand Italian perfectly, don't need Google translate to understand you Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime

10 minutes before the announcement, I did not say anything - in fact I was probably asleep. :lol: :lol: :lol:

He's a well sourced Italian journalist with links to Juve and Raiola, so maybe he does know a bit more than some random Dortmund fan on a Man Utd forum.
You appear confused, maybe a picture will help.

Leaving aside that the account in question isn't verified by Twitter the guy didn't seem to be so well connected to Juve or Raiola in this case.

Robertd0803

Well if the (quite obvious) briefing we put out is true regarding sell on clauses etc. maybe its a good thing in the long run.

Frustrating none the less but anyway Im sure he will tear it up at Dortmund.

Thejimc

Supports
Liverpool
I think your strikers are excellent. I think he is a quality player but when you have martial Rashford greenwood and James who are all proving themselves in this transition time, Is he that much of an upgrade? He looked good against us but no better than I’ve seen martial and Rashford dominate in periods. I’ve said to my Utd friends time and time again martial or Rashford in a Klopp system is scary so I don’t see him as an upgrade on either. All he would do is inhibit James and greenwood progress. I might be proved wrong in the future but for now he would be adding an unknown to a consistently performing front line.

Reactions: JPRouve

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
This sucks and shows how low we have fallen in recruitment. If we can't even get Haaland how can we think we can get the likes of Sancho? Crazy

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
United would never agree to that.
Dortmund stated after the Götze debacle, that they will not include buyout clauses anymore. So I take the whole reporting with a grain of salt.

dev1l

On a serious note, how to Dortmund get it done on the hush and so cheap? Maybe it’s a guaranteed move to Bayern in the future.
Not so sure of that. Due to the release clause (year 3 onwards), it s the player (through his agent) who will decide where to move and not Dortmund. Basically Dortmund will have no say in it.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

That is poor and ignorant language, disgusting really.