Erling Haaland | Dortmund player

HTG

Supports
Bayern
At 19 he is already in the conversation for being one of the best strikers in Europe, just madness.

I actually agree but didn’t want to be accused of hyperbole
The trick is not to care about that. ;)

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
If he keeps this up and Dortmund reach the final, he's having a Ballon d'Or worth year. Unreal

nikineil

We’re potentially witnessing the new Ronaldo who has skipped the 17-23 year old phase of his career and jumped straight into no nonsense goal hungry beast phase.
R9 or CR7? If R9, then spot on! He has that devastating turn of pace and deadly finishing with both feet as well as the sheer variety of goals. Oooofff the boy can play.

Shark

@NotShark
U

I think we did but his agent and the release clause were a problem, he wanted a release clause in his contract of 60 million, there was no way we were going to agree to that
Oh, well if those were the terms turned down, well then that’s fine. Still such a pity we couldn’t tie him down, as others said his next stop from here is most likely to Bayern for the rest of his career.

Wishe

R9 or CR7? If R9, then spot on! He has that devastating turn of pace and deadly finishing with both feet as well as the sheer variety of goals. Oooofff the boy can play.
He has nowhere near the technical ability of a young R9. He is more like a Klinsmann or Batistuta imo. But he also has the goalscoring ability in the box of a Inzaghi.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
@mu4c_20le
What are you on about. He’s 19. You don’t think he’ll improve and evolve any more physically?
Example: Wayne Rooney.

Not every indvidual matures early and not every indvidual matures later.

It was not more than 15 years ago when strikers really didnt come into their own until 24/25 and were cooked by 31-32.

Key development age in a footballer is 18-21. This is where the body finally fills out and you can ascertain their actual potential. I think Erland has hit his make physicallity slightly earlier and now his evolution will be playing style. He wont arguably get bigger and stronger.

cyberman

Hes a Lewandowski for me. Deadly around the box but doesnt have thst explosive x factor

Skåre Willoch

Example: Wayne Rooney.

Not every indvidual matures early and not every indvidual matures later.

It was not more than 15 years ago when strikers really didnt come into their own until 24/25 and were cooked by 31-32.

Key development age in a footballer is 18-21. This is where the body finally fills out and you can ascertain their actual potential. I think Erland has hit his make physicallity slightly earlier and now his evolution will be playing style. He wont arguably get bigger and stronger.
Sure. He might not gain a pound, but he might as well end up like Zlatan physically.
That happens in the gym, mate. He can easily build himself into that massive frame. It’s not like he’s Peter Crouch.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He has nowhere near the technical ability of a young R9. He is more like a Klinsmann or Batistuta imo. But he also has the goalscoring ability in the box of a Inzaghi.
He’s Cristian Vieri

croadyman

Think it is such a shame that Haaland has that snake Raiola as his agent,feel like if it was someone else then maybe we would have signed him.

nikineil

Fair. My opinions on him were based purely on watching some highlight reels. Haven't watched an entire 90 minutes of him to gauge his technical ability.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Haaland had Thiago Silva in the dirt tonight
Haaland is a truck. He's going from A to B and if you're in the way, he's going through you. And he's still a lanky teenager. Will be fun to watch him peak in 5-7 years time.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Not bad! Makaay on steroids?
Makaay was more agile. This guy is a beast, proper powerhouse with scary fearlessness in front of goal but with enough agility to wrong foot a defender in and around the box. Only doubts I have with this kid is his general link up play - if he wants to play for the big boys where space will be at a premium with packed defences. Ferocious left foot.. Makaay was right footed.

kidbob

Said the exact same in the match thread. Nowhere near the technical abilities but has other talents to match. He honestly eerily reminds me of Alan Shearer, a top top player without absolute top class flair. Unfortunately for us I reckon he'd be the perfect PL striker.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Haaland is a truck. He's going from A to B and if you're in the way, he's going through you. And he's still a lanky teenager. Will be fun to watch him peak in 5-7 years time.
He looks like he'll be an earlier peaker to me. Reckon he'll be insane in 3 years time.

thepolice123

Could have easily scored a hat-trick if Dortmund were more incisive with their passing in the final third. His pace and movements were creating all sorts of problems for PSG.

Need to cut out the Buddha/Zen celebration though. It looks ridiculous.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'm just enjoying watching him play. Leaving aside that he's a Raiola client and we'd have been waiting for him to get his next payday had we signed him. 10 goals in 7 CL games at 19. What a story. Good luck to him.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is incredible. If he continues like this, come Desember he'll be a shoo-in for the Ballon d'Or. Not even a joke. Surely he has to slow down at some point, these Ronaldo numbers can't possibly last for the whole year can they? Fantastic player.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Is he really Raiola's client? I've been reading that multiple times now, but I thought everyone knew he only brokered the deal as a one time thing. I don't think he actually is hired as his agent, is he? His father, Alf Inge Haaland who got his fingers snapped off by Dennis Irwin is his agent, no?

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I see this everytime I watch him. Cristiano ronaldo like obsession with moving the team towards the opponents goal. He’s not thinking about a goal - he’s thinking about the goal after the goal he scores and then the goal after that one. Just relentless mentality, hunger and pure determination to rack up absurd numbers.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That second goal was ridiculous. Absolutely hammered the ball into the net. 10 goals in 7 CL games. What a start to his career in Europe.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Going to BVB is the best move he could of made in his young Career!

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
But it would have hurt Martial's feelings and ruined Greenwood's career or something..
He has more talent then both of them combined! Major choke job by United not handing him and Salzburg a blank check.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Erm have any of you considered that he may not have wanted to come here? Everything isn't a goof up. I'm sure Messi wouldn't be here next season if we have Barcelona a blank cheque.

mu4c_20le

Erm have any of you considered that he may not have wanted to come here? Everything isn't a goof up. I'm sure Messi wouldn't be here next season if we have Barcelona a blank cheque.
According to The Athletic, he agreed to join United until a last minute change of heart. And it's no secret that he's a fan of playing in the PL someday.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Ole's 352

Rashford/Martial - Haaland/Greenwood
Bruno Fernandes
Williams - Fred - Pogba - AWB
Defence
Would have been my guess

Last edited: