Erling Haaland | Dortmund player

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
People are saying its a footballing decision but it appears he was convinced by Riola to change his decision.
Just as the spotlight is on Haaland (as he's playing PSG in the CL) and Raiola's unpopularity has probably reached an all time high it "leaks" that Solskjaer and Woodward basically signed him (after his flight around Germany, btw), except for evil Raiola meddling, at least according to the same media that told us it was United that passed on the deal, because of that supposed release clause.

Mike Smalling

Fast, but just to put that into context with a running start - Usain Bolt's first 60m of Jamaica's relay record was covered in around 5.1s.
Exactly. These kinds of comparisons are always bullsh*t. I remember Rooney having a similar statistic for his counter-attack goal at the Emirates in 09/10. No way can a footballer come close to official world records in sprinting during a game - would be much more interested to see how it ranks against other sprints in football games.

Drifter

American
Under SAF he would be a United player by now.Guess time and reputations have changed.

Ekeke

What a huge black mark failing to get this done has become.

A Norwegian player Ole gave his debut and has a good relationship with became perhaps the most in form goalscorer in the world, became available while we needed a striker and we decided not to sign him. Afterall, what would signing the 2nd top scorer in the champions league really do to help us? :eek: We cant even get into the competition

DVG7

When will people realize that the fact our former captain ended his dads career is the reason why he was NEVER coming here. takers?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What a huge black mark failing to get this done has become.

A Norwegian player Ole gave his debut and has a good relationship with became perhaps the most in form goalscorer in the world, became available while we needed a striker and we decided not to sign him. Afterall, what would signing the 2nd top scorer in the champions league really do to help us? :eek: We cant even get into the competition
Let's be real we didn't decide against him.

He chose Dortmund and he was probably right at the time. We can't win every transfer especially in our current situation.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

This sprint against comical is just so comical. A bit shoddy quality but couldnt find any hd clips with just the sprint in.

He's so fast it looks he someone animated him to be faster than everyone else in a TV ad for redbull. Reminds me of that ad where the cameraguy runs faster than the sprinters. Giraffe legs

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I don't think for one second that we walked away from signing him. I think Raiola convinced him to go to BVB and convinced him it was for his development when in reality it was so he can get a big money transfer move in the future. It sucks that we missed out on him for 20m but I think we should make an offer for him in the summer that BVB can't refuse. Sell Pogba and offer BVB 200m for Haaland and Sancho...

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I don't think for one second that we walked away from signing him. I think Raiola convinced him to go to BVB and convinced him it was for his development when in reality it was so he can get a big money transfer move in the future. It sucks that we missed out on him for 20m but I think we should make an offer for him in the summer that BVB can't refuse. Sell Pogba and offer BVB 200m for Haaland and Sancho...
Combined for 200 mil? No way Dortmund will accept that, in sure they would be willing to let him go for 60mil 2 seasons from now than for 100 mil today.

Ekeke

Let's be real we didn't decide against him.

He chose Dortmund and he was probably right at the time. We can't win every transfer especially in our current situation.
We had the money, we chose not to do whatever it took to convince him to join.

KristianMackle

Perharps he was told by people around him, told him that he could join us when we're in better shape and not now. For now, he should join a more settled club. I think that is a fair decision to agree to.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Are people seriously debating why he chose Dortmund over us ? I did hope that Ole could convince him given their previous relationship but it didnt happen.

He is moving to Bayern or Real in 3 years.

Adam-Utd

We had the money, we chose not to do whatever it took to convince him to join.
That's just not true. The money wasn't an issue - at all. He said himself he just chose Dortmund as he thinks they're a better footballing option for him right now.

Not everything is a mistake by the club :rolleyes:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Granted he's played one more game than the majority of these clubs, but even so. :lol:
Club/Player​
Champions League Goals​
Bayern Munich​
24​
Tottenham​
18​
Paris Saint Germain​
17​
Manchester City​
16​
Real Madrid​
14​
Liverpool​
13​
Juventus​
12​
Napoli​
11​
Chelsea​
11​
Haland
Leipzig​
10​
Lyon​
9​
Valencia​
9​
Atletico Madrid​
9​
Barcelona​
9​

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
That's just not true. The money wasn't an issue - at all. He said himself he just chose Dortmund as he thinks they're a better footballing option for him right now.

You mean that the fact, that United isn't a good footballing option, is not a mistake by United? Seriously?

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Combined for 200 mil? No way Dortmund will accept that, in sure they would be willing to let him go for 60mil 2 seasons from now than for 100 mil today.
I don't know whether it not they would accept that offer. I would think they would and in the end, and even though that's huge money, I think it will turn out to be money well spent...

Adam-Utd

You mean that the fact, that United isn't a good footballing option, is not a mistake by United? Seriously?
That hasn't got anything to do with my point.

Haaland sees Dortmund as a stepping stone, a place he can go straight into the team without any competition.

Once he's built up his reputation he can choose any club he desires - to me that sounds like a good plan.

He could have joined united and would have probably cemented himself as first choice sure, but he wouldn't have scored as many goals as the defence's are better and the service is worse.

The fact is though it was Haalands choice. United didn't "pull out" like some are mentioning.

Alfie092

What year would clubs be able to activate his release clause?

Unless there is a big turn of events, there will be quite a few clubs ahead of us in the queue to sign him.

Would like to see him perform at this incredible level for at least 1 more full season.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Granted he's played one more game than the majority of these clubs, but even so. :lol:
Club/Player​
Champions League Goals​
Bayern Munich​
24​
Tottenham​
18​
Paris Saint Germain​
17​
Manchester City​
16​
Real Madrid​
14​
Liverpool​
13​
Juventus​
12​
Napoli​
11​
Chelsea​
11​
Haland
Leipzig​
10​
Lyon​
9​
Valencia​
9​
Atletico Madrid​
9​
Barcelona​
9​
You forgot Dortmund who are level with Haaland.

464 minutes = five full games so he has played less than all those clubs.

Skåre Willoch

He is playing with another young generational talent in Dortmund right now, Jadon Sancho. Add Reuss, Götze, Brandt and Hummels. A fun team, scoring boatloads even before his arrival. The yellow wall, great fans, and an underdog chance in the Champions League.

I actually understand why he wanted to go there. Probably got a big paycheck there as well, and knows he can go wherever he wants in 18 months, and claim brinks trucks. Then it’s our turn :devil:

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Haaland himself said he chose Dortmund over United. That is the truth. United got snubbed and blamed Raiola. Raiola is an agent works for Haaland, not the other way around. If he is an agent put his personal gain and interest over his clients he won't be this popular and respect by his clients like Pogba, Verratti and Ibrahimovic. He has been Balotelli's agent for a long time and did not give up on him either. If Raiola is the one that convinced Haaland pick Dortmund over United then I have to say he did an excellent job, because it is the right decision for his client.

Ekeke

With the right amount of money invested in him and the club, it would be the better footballing option for him. We didnt want to do what it took to sign him

Lee565

I think at this rate Dortmund may struggle to keep him for the next season and that the player himself will have a lot of temptation to test the career plan he had mapped out of developing more at Dortmund for the next few years when the biggest clubs in Europe come in for him this summer.

Kappa123

Best striker I've seen this decade, and it's not even close.

Imagine our club was being run properly, we could have Haaland, Pogba, Bruno, etc. Instead we're fecking around with this dross season after season... soon we will turn even Bruno into shite :lol:

Canagel

Haaland himself said he chose Dortmund over United. That is the truth. United got snubbed and blamed Raiola. Raiola is an agent works for Haaland, not the other way around. If he is an agent put his personal gain and interest over his clients he won't be this popular and respect by his clients like Pogba, Verratti and Ibrahimovic. He has been Balotelli's agent for a long time and did not give up on him either. If Raiola is the one that convinced Haaland pick Dortmund over United then I have to say he did an excellent job, because it is the right decision for his client.
This.

mu4c_20le

He's good, but Sancho is a bigger priority. We'll take his teammate first, get Nagelsmann in, then in 2022 we'll go for him again.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Real Madrid likely destination. I doubt that he would go for £50m then as people claimed. His contract will be modified by then and United will rue the decision to not pay his agent a fee. But we have Ighalo, which I m more excited about

mu4c_20le

Hopefully Dortmund will grow a backbone and not be held hostage to a transfer this time. Would be lovely to see Raiola cut out of the deal entirely but personally I think they'd do well to even get a reasonable fee that properly reflects his ability and growing reputation.

We need an rvn

I came in here going to write how we screwed up again, been ages since I wrote because of tech issues, but I think 5 posts up from where I was about to write and saw your reply.

Spot on.

As much as I'd like to argue we fecked up, lost out etc...and not to mention how much I hate that agent at the moment....Dortmund are the better option for him than us right now. We are in a bit of a mess with a clear lack of direction, the kid would get CL football in a slightly less weaker league where he can work on his skills, so R sounds like a good agent....if you forget all the sh*t he has said about Pogba. slags our club, the apparent % sell on fees etc which is another matter and one for an agent threat

bdspeedy

Our management did the best thing they've done in seven years and told an agent with ridculous demands to feck off.
I'm sure that knob Raiola got the message loud and clear. He'll surely think twice the next time he negotiates with our management.