Erling Haaland | Dortmund player

He'sRaldo

I think there's not much between the three.

In the same way you can imagine how devastating Rashford would be under Klopp, you can also imagine how Haaland's numbers would change significantly under our team, given our creativity this season. Hence, it's logical to start with the premise that comparing pure numbers is a poor style of judging who is better. After all, the main point of scouts isn't just to show numbers but to apply the right context to them in order to evaluate potential success.

With that said, based on their attributes I think Rashford would be the biggest talent in the PL, because he has a very good mix of physicality, mentality, and technique. Haaland might struggle a bit technically (outside the box of course) while Sancho's physicality isn't top tier. Not to say that there's much difference though, since they're all top level talents.

As someone else said, the only way to know for sure is for them all to play for the same team under the same manager. Wouldn't be opposed to that myself ;)

Drainy

Sancho's last start for Dortmund for those who don't appreciate what tactics other sides use against Dortmund, before they compare players.

See, I can do that, too. I'm not saying that there aren't tactical (or quality) differences between leagues, but people really like to resort to lazy stereotypes (apparently in the PL everyone has an airtight defense, whereas in Bundesliga teams just don't defend and just randomly concede space) and blow up relatively small differences into huge chasms.
Why do bundesliga clubs concede so many goals then?

Please explain. Are all of the attackers just so world class? How amazing if so!

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Talking out your arse mate, serious under rating of Rashford. How many times have you actually watched Sancho and Haaland apart from highlights?
More than you, apparently.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Remind me when Sancho played amazingly in the CL, genuine question not a piss take.
I thought he played well against Prague, Leipzig and Barca, scoring in each match plus got a goal and assist against Bayern in the cup, which is quite impressive considering how good that team is.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Consistently over the last year Haaland and Sancho have been better than Rashford, it’s not even a debate worth having. I think you might just be surprised by Rashford in the future though, @Zehner @SportingCP96, he has come very close to getting it all together. World class technique, an amazing shot, great vision and passing, the X-factor, and of course speed and strength. He has shown glimpses of all these qualities, this season though, bar a period where he was our only attacker this season, he’s been as good as any of them. He will become one of the best, I’m convinced of it.
Not denying that, have seen some very impressive scenes of him this season :)

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Why do bundesliga clubs concede so many goals then?

Please explain. Are all of the attackers just so world class? How amazing if so!
I mean Bayern are (quite clearly imho) just that good. Dortmund aren't an elite team, but they are very committed to playing attacking football and when you play lineups that are crazy attacking on paper it's not the biggest surprise that someone like Haaland, who is no 2 in the CL's goal scoring list (behind Lewandowski btw) and a 100m+ rated attacking midfielder like Sancho collect their share of goals and assists.

Beyond that it would take a more throughly analysis to make precise statements. In general Bundesliga teams seem a bit more ambitious tactically to me and this is probably a factor as well, but in these discussions a .3 goal per game difference between the leagues is painted as this huge chasm that means teams are unable to defend and that's quite frankly dumb bs.

Düsseldorf, bar one counter attack from a corner, basically completely shut out Dortmund yesterday, they only gave up like .7 xg. Yet you get insights like "The goal today there was literally no defenders on him - part of it was down to movement but even before that there was literally no defenders around him. It's a very confusing league." on here, about a scene where Düsseldorf had 5 players on their 6 yard box.

Last edited:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Course you have son.
You seem bitter that people can have different opinions than you.You can dig your heels in all you want, but even inside of a United forum you’re in the minority, imagine outside of it. I don’t think there’s anything controversial or debatable about it but to each their own. You seem to think people are saying that just because Sancho and Haaland are bigger talents that it makes Rashford bad. No one said that.

cyberman

You seem bitter that people can have different opinions than you.You can dig your heels in all you want, but even inside of a United forum you’re in the minority, imagine outside of it. I don’t think there’s anything controversial or debatable about it but to each their own. You seem to think people are saying that just because Sancho and Haaland are bigger talents that it makes Rashford bad. No one said that.
To be fair Rashford comes out second best in literally every player comparison discussion on here.
Its the ultimate grass is always greener forum

Dorris

I do think Sancho is the better player, but there’s definitely a debate to be had. Rashford has always been ahead in the England pecking order for example, and based on comments from Southgate it’s likely he’d have started ahead of him at the Euros (if fit). So it’s not obscene to suggest otherwise.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I do think Sancho is the better player, but there’s definitely a debate to be had. Rashford has always been ahead in the England pecking order for example, and based on comments from Southgate it’s likely he’d have started ahead of him at the Euros (if fit). So it’s not obscene to suggest otherwise.
Sancho has just turned 20
Rashford turns 23 in a few months
in 2019 Sancho played more games for England than Rashford
I don't think there is much between them but since Sanch has broken into the England squad its been pretty even between them and sancho is of course 2.5 years younger ... in a basic comparison I thin hes better than Rashford two and a half years ago for example

Dorris

Sancho has just turned 20
Rashford turns 23 in a few months
in 2019 Sancho played more games for England than Rashford
I don't think there is much between them but since Sanch has broken into the England squad its been pretty even between them and sancho is of course 2.5 years younger ... in a basic comparison I thin hes better than Rashford two and a half years ago for example
Player progression isn’t linear though. Rashfords always been quite raw, you got the feeling once he matured and grew into his frame it’d all just click, but as a 20 year old he was extremely frustrating. Sancho’s a completely different player, a lot tidier and better with his decision making than Rashford was then, but that doesn’t necessarily correlate to him being a better player at 27/28.

A lot of the raw tools Rashford has are unique, and he's often failed to pull them all together which for me makes people underrate him as a talent. If he pulls it off though he’ll be a monster.

Reactions: Ødegaard

GledTheRed

Im sticking to my correct opinion.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Did miss a couple of chances where he should've scored, but I love his directness. Similar to Werner, whenever he gets the ball he just pushes forward and tries to shoot when given the opportunity.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He’s going to Real Madrid though isn’t he? Nailed on him and Mbappe ending up there.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Fairly certain Haaland will make third on the Bundesliga Top sorer list for 19/20

He hits goal with 79% of his shots. Thats an obscene difference between him and everyone else with the closest being at 65% or thereabouts.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Given the choice i'd take Mbappé

But damn this kid is a monster

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Fairly certain Haaland will make third on the Bundesliga Top sorer list for 19/20
You're fairly certain he will score 4 goals against Hoffenheim? And at the same time Sancho won't score in the same game? Seems like utter delusion.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
As a Norwegian, i would like to say Håland over Mbappe, but if im being honest with myself, Mbappe is the better player.

That said, its incredible to have such a striker talent, we rarely have many of those.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
You're fairly certain he will score 4 goals against Hoffenheim? And at the same time Sancho won't score in the same game? Seems like utter delusion.
Oh haha, no you're right. For some reason i assumed they played 38 rounds not 34.

Please forgive me boss

Bwuk

Really hope Madrid go in for Mbappe in the next year or so, come summer 2022 everyone will be after Haaland.

Chief123

It’s painful to watch every time he does something like this!