Erling Haaland | Dortmund player

Yuri37

Hes so feckin good.
yep, far better than the widely overrated Mbappe
A shame he is playing for Norway, if he was French, he would have probably already won a WC and perhaps even being the top goal scorer at it

Yuri37

Best goalscorer this season so far:
1. Haaland - 17 goals in 13 games
2. Lewandoski - 13 goals in 12 games
3. Ibrahimovic - 11 goals in 10 games
4. Ronaldo - 9 goals in 7 games
5. Mbappe - 9 goals in 10 games

If Haaland play for top club and won major trophies this season, he may even be leading contender for Ballon D’or. And he is only 20 years old, insane!
mbappe's 9 goals are all in the farmer league.
The guy has scored ZERO goals in CL this season

SambaBoy

We have to break the bank for him. £60m release clause, £100m, £150m. Whatever it takes.

Blood Mage

He has a higher ceiling than Lewandowski for me. He's a Ronaldo/Messi level talent.

RashyForPM

Haaland for my money. Sancho is hot and cold.

One is destined to be another Lewandowski level player, another one is still too inconsistent.
Agree. In fact, you say he’ll reach Lewandowski’s level, but I think he’s already there. Since last season began, their stats have been similar, their consistency of finishing has been similar and their hold up plays are both spotless. Haaland has the pace of a cheetah too, which Lewandowski doesn’t have.

Imo, put Haaland in that Bayern team over Lewy, and they would still have won what they did last season and started this season as imperiously.

RashyForPM

He has a higher ceiling than Lewandowski for me. He's a Ronaldo/Messi level talent.
Agree with this too. No doubt I’ll get loads of stick for this, but imo, he will eclipse them and become the greatest of all time. He just has to keep his head down.

meamth

Agree. In fact, you say he’ll reach Lewandowski’s level, but I think he’s already there. Since last season began, their stats have been similar, their consistency of finishing has been similar and their hold up plays are both spotless. Haaland has the pace of a cheetah too, which Lewandowski doesn’t have.

Imo, put Haaland in that Bayern team over Lewy, and they would still have won what they did last season and started this season as imperiously.
Hold on there buddy, Lewandowski is 3rd best goal scorer in Messi and Ronaldo's era. To achieve that he needs more consistency. Right now at this moment, he has yet to prove that when he plays in the bigger teams.

Ability wise, he might be as good, but mentally, I don't think he is at that level yet.

RashyForPM

Hold on there buddy, Lewandowski is 3rd best goal scorer in Messi and Ronaldo's era. To achieve that he needs more consistency. Right now at this moment, he has yet to prove that when he plays in the bigger teams.

Ability wise, he might be as good, but mentally, I don't think he is at that level yet.
I’m talking about their performances since the beginning of the 2019-20 season. Aside from his time at Salzburg from Aug-Dec where Haaland also scored a truckload of goals, I follow the Bundesliga, and they have been inseparable in terms of their goals and performances since Haaland’s arrival in January. And I mean from the first game, where Haaland scored 3 against Augsburg after coming off the bench.

About Haaland’s record against the big teams, you could say so far in his fledgling career, the big teams he has played are Liverpool, Napoli, Bayern, Leipzig and PSG. In 9 games against those sides, he has 9 goals. If that’s not consistently performing against the big teams, I don’t know what is.

I just cannot say that Lewy has been better than Haaland since the start of last season, because from what I’ve seen, that would be a complete lie.

Son

I’m talking about their performances since the beginning of the 2019-20 season. Aside from his time at Salzburg from Aug-Dec where Haaland also scored a truckload of goals, I follow the Bundesliga, and they have been inseparable in terms of their goals and performances since Haaland’s arrival in January. And I mean from the first game, where Haaland scored 3 against Augsburg after coming off the bench.

About Haaland’s record against the big teams, you could say so far in his fledgling career, the big teams he has played are Liverpool, Napoli, Bayern, Leipzig and PSG. In 9 games against those sides, he has 9 goals. If that’s not consistently performing against the big teams, I don’t know what is.

I just cannot say that Lewy has been better than Haaland since the start of last season, because from what I’ve seen, that would be a complete lie.
Lewandoski’s touch and skill level is above Haaland currently. He’s just a better footballer apart from pace.

Haaland can get to the same level in the future for sure (maybe) but he’s not there yet. Lewa does things with the ball and finishes off moves that are just unreal level. Different class still.

Haaland I would love at United maybe more than any other player going forward though. What a signing he would be. Sancho too id take them both over a few years. Can’t see Haaland leaving for 2 years maybe anyways. Seems happy.

Bayern will be hot on his trail anyways eventually, not just us and Real. This assumption that he has to leave Germany is wide of the mark.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
When they both played each other the difference in quality was still obvious. People should look at more than the number of goals. Haaland arguably has been a world class striker for the past months and there's a good chance that he will be one of his generation's greats, but he also has distinct weaknesses.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Agree with this too. No doubt I’ll get loads of stick for this, but imo, he will eclipse them and become the greatest of all time. He just has to keep his head down.
And stay healthy of course. A lot of things can happen in a career. Besides, if number wise he's up there, Ronaldo and specially Messi's all around game, at their peak was on another level so we'll see how Haaland develops other aspects of his game too.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Will probably join Bayern on a free when his contract expires.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
10 years ago that statement couldn't be argued. As it stands right now, both clubs would be more attractive to a player like Haaland and if either of City or Liverpool are in for him, then I would be shocked if he ended up at Old Trafford ahead of one of them.
I just don’t see it. Neither Liverpool or City have shown they can put a financial package together to get an elite player. On every player we have competed with city on, Utd have won; Fred, Sanchez, Maguire, Pogba. Liverpool are probably a darker horse but Utd have shown they can offer far higher wages.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
I just don’t see it. Neither Liverpool or City have shown they can put a financial package together to get an elite player. On every player we have competed with city on, Utd have won; Fred, Sanchez, Maguire, Pogba. Liverpool are probably a darker horse but Utd have shown they can offer far higher wages.
Neither Liverpool or City were after those players. We just signed Thiago and got VVD a couple of years back who was clearly an elite player even then. We have the money available and crucially, we now have the footballing set up and trophies to back it up.
If Klopp wants a player now, there's very few that would turn us down in the current climate.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
This one feels a bit of a pipe dream now, unlike Sancho who's always going to want to come to the PL when push comes to shove Harland is going to have his choice of clubs - Bayern to replace Lewandowski, Juventus to replace Ronaldo, Real will be looking at him

Never gonna happen for us now imo

Chief123

Neither Liverpool or City were after those players. We just signed Thiago and got VVD a couple of years back who was clearly an elite player even then. We have the money available and crucially, we now have the footballing set up and trophies to back it up.
If Klopp wants a player now, there's very few that would turn us down in the current climate.
City were the front runners especially for Fred, Sanchez and Maguire. They pulled out eventually when Utd gazumped them.

jadajos

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Supports
Football
City cannot put a financial packet together to get an elite player? You cannot be serious.

I mean, yeah you might argue considering they have billions of oil money at their disposal they can get stingy at times and seem to bail out of bidding wars.

But I'd argue that's because they have excellent scouting and when the asking price is too high they just go for the next guy on the list instead of getting desperate, which seems to be the United way nowadays.

For all we know if Barca hadn't blocked the move, City would have bought Messi this summer. I despise them, but if Pep really wants a player I am pretty sure the sheikhs will make it happen. I mean look at their spending...

Pep's Suit

City were after all of them.
Yeah, you outspent City on Maguire and Alexis. Fred, when that January transfer failed City turned to Jorginho and Pogba, there were serious links in first half of 2015 but nothing after that.

Pep's Suit

City cannot put a financial packet together to get an elite player? You cannot be serious.

I mean, yeah you might argue considering they have billions of oil money at their disposal they can get stingy at times and seem to bail out of bidding wars.

But I'd argue that's because they have excellent scouting and when the asking price is too high they just go for the next guy on the list instead of getting desperate, which seems to be the United way nowadays.

For all we know if Barca hadn't blocked the move, City would have bought Messi this summer. I despise them, but if Pep really wants a player I am pretty sure the sheikhs will make it happen. I mean look at their spending...
City's hierarchy probably won't want to deal with Raiola so Lautaro is more likely, unless they sign Messi this summer.

Slevs

So you agree with the person saying he's a Lewandowski regen.
Yup.

Its sensible for him to stay in Germany for his career reputation and winning trophies. He'll score goals for fun, maintain a record goals/game ratio and win.

Go for free to Bayern, break the goalscoring record, win a couple of CLs with Bayern, retire.

Its the easy way but too tempting not to go for it

troylocker

Will probably join Bayern on a free when his contract expires.
Yeah! With that "fat" 75M release clause kicking in 2 years before his contract runs out in 2024, there will be no clubs willing to pay....
Definitely a free transfer to Bayern in 2024 it is. Yup. :houllier:

Slevs

Yeah! With that "fat" 75M release clause kicking in 2 years before his contract runs out in 2024, there will be no clubs willing to pay....
Definitely a free transfer to Bayern in 2024 it is. Yup. :houllier:
Is the player a slave who does not have a say if he wants to join the club triggering the release clause? I'm mistaken I thought he was a free human being.

If that's the case, lets all pitch in with a pound or two and donate to Salford FC. They'll trigger the clause and force Haaland to sign a contract with no release clause.

GMoore23

A shame he is playing for Norway, if he was French, he would have probably already won a WC and perhaps even being the top goal scorer at it
He was actually born in England so was eligible for them also.

troylocker

Is the player a slave who does not have a say if he wants to join the club triggering the release clause? I'm mistaken I thought he was a free human being.

If that's the case, lets all pitch in with a pound or two and donate to Salford FC. They'll trigger the clause and force Haaland to sign a contract with no release clause.
So you think he will spend 4 years in Dortmund to go to Bayern for free? My point is that he is so good that he will have a dozen clubs going for him in 2022 when the clause kicks in, some might even go all in in and pay double next summer to get less competition. He can cherrypick his next destination and terms. German BL has less status than LaLiga and PL, and he has said in the past that he wants to go to England. Only realistic next steps for him is Real Madrid, Barca, City, L'pool, us and Bayern. He will not run his current contract out. He's definitely no slave and is in total control of his carreer.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Haaland for my money. Sancho is hot and cold.

One is destined to be another Lewandowski level player, another one is still too inconsistent.
He is already at Lewandowski level IMHO.
Whether he can maintain same level of consistency and longetivity for many years remain to be seen. And since he is only 20, he may even reach Ronaldo/Messi level one day - I mean, I surely wouldn’t bet against that.

Slevs

So you think he will spend 4 years in Dortmund to go to Bayern for free? My point is that he is so good that he will have a dozen clubs going for him in 2022 when the clause kicks in, some might even go all in in and pay double next summer to get less competition. He can cherrypick his next destination and terms. German BL has less status than LaLiga and PL, and he has said in the past that he wants to go to England. Only realistic next steps for him is Real Madrid, Barca, City, L'pool, us and Bayern. He will not run his current contract out. He's definitely no slave and is in total control of his carreer.
I get what your're saying but talk is cheap, especially from footballers.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if he came to us, but I just can't shake the feeling he'll remain in Germany. Maybe not go to Bayern for free but for a fee.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
There’s no point paying penny more, let alone double transfer fee when the clause kicks, any club offer required amount can negotiate to buy him anyway. But he surely can cherry pick the club he wants, and some clubs may pay double or triple his wage for his service.

Cloud7

He strikes me as someone that wants to dominate European football and not stay in one league
I agree with this. He definitely doesn't strike me as a one club kind of person. I'm sure that we'll see him in both England and Spain throughout his career.

Davie Moyes

When they both played each other the difference in quality was still obvious. People should look at more than the number of goals. Haaland arguably has been a world class striker for the past months and there's a good chance that he will be one of his generation's greats, but he also has distinct weaknesses.
Without seeing much of them going against each other this is the opinion I'll go on. It's the sensible opinion.

Davie Moyes

I agree with this. He definitely doesn't strike me as a one club kind of person. I'm sure that we'll see him in both England and Spain throughout his career.
I agree too. In fact I can see Raiola and Haaland Snr moving him around with several incremental moves until he ends up at Real around about age 25. This maximises their earnings on him whilst allowing him to develop best.

Cloud7

I agree too. In fact I can see Raiola and Haaland Snr moving him around with several incremental moves until he ends up at Real around about age 25. This maximises their earnings on him whilst allowing him to develop best.
If we could get a Ronaldo like 4 years with some trophies, and selling him off to Madrid for a (near) world record fee at the end of it, I would be happy with that.

troylocker

There’s no point paying penny more, let alone double transfer fee when the clause kicks, any club offer required amount can negotiate to buy him anyway. But he surely can cherry pick the club he wants, and some clubs may pay double or triple his wage for his service.
I was talking about trying to buy him before the clause kicks in...

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Yes it's a colossal shame every good player isn't playing for France or England.