Erling Haaland | Dortmund player

Matriac

Finally scored again for Norway for the first time in nearly 7 months!!! (3 games without a goal, his last was hat-trick against Romania in November).

Norway managed to scrape 1-0 against Luxembourg in over-time. First half was atrocious, second better, but still, Luxembourg.
Glad the matches are meaningless (Still relatively new national team coach though (Dec2020), so he needs to drill the squad before WC qualifiers later this year).

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
If City do not get him I think he will stay at Dortmund another season then go to Bayern to replace Lewa who will be what, 33-34 by then.

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
If City do not get him I think he will stay at Dortmund another season then go to Bayern to replace Lewa who will be what, 33-34 by then.
Bayern won‘t buy him. His demands for wages and agent payments are something they would never meet. Having him would damage their wage structure for maybe decades.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Bayern won‘t buy him. His demands for wages and agent payments are something they would never meet. Having him would damage their wage structure for maybe decades.
100% we'll try to buy him next summer. The timing is perfect and the transfer sum is low.
Whether he chooses us over other attractive offers with potentially higher numbers is another thing, though it's not like we're offering poverty wages..

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I don’t see why he would go to Bayern unless he has started to feel like Germany is his 2nd home.

He has consistently been talking about how he wants to play in Spain and in England. Seems like a player that moves from club to club a bit like Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
100% we'll try to buy him next summer. The timing is perfect and the transfer sum is low.
Whether he chooses us over other attractive offers with potentially higher numbers is another thing, though it's not like we're offering poverty wages..
His next contract will most likely catapult him above Alaba spheres. More than Neuer and Lewandowski earn now. If Bayern destroy their structure for a player like Haaland, they're in serious trouble, as their wages are already pretty high. This would affect the whole squad and every renewal in the next 5 years. The transfer would not cost them just the - as you put it - "low" transfer sum, but millions additional in wages for other players (not to mention absurd fees for agents etc.).

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He's 99.9% certain to stay at Dortmund for another year, he even came out and said himself that he respects the contract, I think any reports to the contrary are just English media being English media.

I don't really see him joining Bayern:
Haaland himself seems to be planning at least one stop in Spain and England, it doesn't make much sense to sign for another 4-5 years with Bayern first, when he's already had a couple of good years in Bundesliga and won a trophy, even if it's only the lesser of the two.
And from Bayern's perspective it doesn't make much sense either: Lewandowski is in the form of his life, still significantly better than Haaland, and going by photos he seems to be a model athlete that could go on for another couple of years. Are Bayern just going to send him away, for a player that already has his next step in mind the moment he signs? And what about the money? The Haalands and Raiola know exactly how valuable the boy is and they don't seem to hesitate in taking their share. Even if his release clause is as "low" as €75m (which is still about Bayern's record signing), they will demand the difference to his actual market value in wages and signing fees - and some clubs are going to pay that, just like with Alaba. He's going to be a proper galactico signing and Bayern have never done these.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
He's 99.9% certain to stay at Dortmund for another year, he even came out and said himself that he respects the contract, I think any reports to the contrary are just English media being English media.
I agree he will stay at Dortmund one more year. then he can pretty much choose which club he wants to go to, on the Bayern thing, they could easily offer him a big signing on bonus because the transfer sum is so low. But ultimately like I said, he will pick where he wants to go with a few caveats, CL every year, competing for all the top domestic trophies will be requirements.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Finally scored again for Norway for the first time in nearly 7 months!!! (3 games without a goal, his last was hat-trick against Romania in November).

Norway managed to scrape 1-0 against Luxembourg in over-time. First half was atrocious, second better, but still, Luxembourg.
Glad the matches are meaningless (Still relatively new national team coach though (Dec2020), so he needs to drill the squad before WC qualifiers later this year).
Luxembourg seem to have become decent enough as a team. They’re definitely no longer the whipping boys they used to be. And I’m not just saying this as an Ireland fan!

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern

I don't really see him joining Bayern:
Haaland himself seems to be planning at least one stop in Spain and England, it doesn't make much sense to sign for another 4-5 years with Bayern first, when he's already had a couple of good years in Bundesliga and won a trophy, even if it's only the lesser of the two.
And from Bayern's perspective it doesn't make much sense either: Lewandowski is in the form of his life, still significantly better than Haaland, and going by photos he seems to be a model athlete that could go on for another couple of years. Are Bayern just going to send him away, for a player that already has his next step in mind the moment he signs? And what about the money? The Haalands and Raiola know exactly how valuable the boy is and they don't seem to hesitate in taking their share. Even if his release clause is as "low" as €75m (which is still about Bayern's record signing), they will demand the difference to his actual market value in wages and signing fees - and some clubs are going to pay that, just like with Alaba. He's going to be a proper galactico signing and Bayern have never done these.
It makes all the sense in the world to make the transition from Lewandowski to Haaland in 2022. Lewandowski will be turning 34, model athlete or not. Of course we will try to do it, would be moronic not to.
But I share the estimation that it's not going to happen and Haaland will prefer to go elsewhere.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Apparently Koeman rejected him at Everton for 4 millions.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
When was that supposed to be? And how does that make sense when Juve were already after him before he chose RB Salzburg?
Supposedly this happened before Haaland signed for Molde and OGS: https://www.footballtransfers.com/e...transfer-news-koeman-rejected-haaland-signing

Ronald Koeman rejected the chance to sign Erling Haaland when he was manager of Everton, believing it would not be a good move. This is according to Diario AS, who report that Koeman turned down a 16-year-old Haaland back in 2016.

Haaland had been scouted by Everton chief scout Steve Walsh, who had recently moved to the club after doing a miraculous job at Leicester. Walsh was heavily responsible for Leicester’s shock 2016 Premier League title success as it was his scouting that saw the club sign N’Golo Kante from Caen for €6 million, Riyad Mahrez from Le Havre for €600,000 and a rookie Jamie Vardy from Fleetwood Town. And Walsh believed he had discovered another future superstar when he recommended that Everton sign the teenage Haaland.

However, Koeman turned down the chance to sign the striker, believing it would not be a good move. A year later, Haaland moved on to Molde before becoming one of the world’s best strikers at RB Salzburg and then Borussia Dortmund. At the age of just 20, Haaland has already scored 126 club goals in his career, as well as seven in 11 for the Norway national team.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Right, thanks. So 4m € for a Norwegian kid that just turned 16, can't say I would blame anyone for not doing this...
It ranks up there with "should have invested in Bitcoin when it cost $10". Hindsight is worthless

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
It ranks up there with "should have invested in Bitcoin when it cost $10". Hindsight is worthless
Exactly. No doubt the guy is an excellent scout, but as Claymore Peg-leg says, for every player that realizes their 'potential' there's dozens who don't.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
2 goals already in the first half an hour of the season. If he can stay injury free I reckon he could hit 50 in all comps.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
2 goals already in the first half an hour of the season. If he can stay injury free I reckon he could hit 50 in all comps.
To be fair this is against a third division side in the cup ;)

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
He's obviously a force but don't forget it's fecking Wiesbaden

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Finally escaping the shame of being below one goal a game for Dortmund.

Shimo

Someone is going to get him for an absolute steal next year considering what Lukaku at 28 is going for. Hope it's going to be us considering the state of Madrid and Barca in where they may be in terms of challenging in the UCL.

Someone is going to get him for an absolute steal next year considering what Lukaku at 28 is going for. Hope it's going to be us considering the state of Madrid and Barca in where they may be in terms of challenging in the UCL.
I think he’ll be a La Liga player personally, Mbappe and Haaland will be the new faces of the league.

Chief123

I can’t disclose my sources as I don’t have any, but he’s absolutely nailed on to come to Utd next summer.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I've never been more positive about a future signing. Sancho has a good season and he will be ours next year.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
As I said a few weeks ago, he’s going to struggle without Sancho.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Absolute machine, he just looks so confident.

If it all goes how it looking right now:

Chelsea - Lukaku
Madrid - Mbappe
PSG - Messi
City - Kane
Barca - Broke

It HAS to be us getting him next summer!
Think Real Madrid are planning on getting both - with Mbappe going on a free transfer.

Okey

We really do have to sign this lad next season. There'll be a Cavani sized hole to fill. First step is to have a real good season to reposition us as a top club. The stars are all aligning with the top strikers and needy clubs all getting sorted. Come build your legend Erling. No better place!