Erling Haaland | Dortmund player

dbs235

He's absoloutely insane. I really don't want him at Madrid with Mbappe. That will elevate them back to the level they were at for most of the 2010s where if you draw them in the CL you're more than likely out.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Well said. No such thing as scoring easy goals. If that was the case everyone would be.
For me the best part about Ronnie signing is exactly this, his hunger for goals is simply unmatched. Since Bruno signed our issue hasn't been chance creating but subpar finishing and not enough smartness and movement in the box. Against Southampton there was this ball McT played across goal but there was no one there to tap it in from 5 yards. In the following live game Lukaku scores a similar 'tap in'. A static lamppost like Martial wasted 1500 minutes for 4 goals in the league last season, just imagine how much we'll improve with a proper poacher in the box with all the creativity around him.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
For me the best part about Ronnie signing is exactly this, his hunger for goals is simply unmatched. Since Bruno signed our issue hasn't been chance creating but subpar finishing and not enough smartness and movement in the box. Against Southampton there was this ball McT played across goal but there was no one there to tap it in from 5 yards. In the following live game Lukaku scores a similar 'tap in'. A static lamppost like Martial wasted 1500 minutes for 4 goals in the league last season, just imagine how much we'll improve with a proper poacher in the box with all the creativity around him.
I said exactly the same about that McT cross. Absolutely nobody anticipated it. All it needed was one player on the defenders shoulder and it’s in. Ronaldo scored 15 of them last year alone.

lysglimt

Scout
To be quite honest - I just can't see him going to PSG. Real or Barca yes - but PSG no.

I honestly think it is between Real, us and City.....and right now I fancy our chances

bosskeano

Would it make sense for Haaland to go to City knowing Pep is leaving in 2023 and that a new gaffer was being brought in?? He knows Ole and he sees the project being built with a long of young talent in the group. They brought in two veterans in Ronaldo and Varane who have the winning mentality that hopefully can rub off on the squad this year with a trophy.

432JuanMata

Would it make sense for Haaland to go to City knowing Pep is leaving in 2023 and that a new gaffer was being brought in?? He knows Ole and he sees the project being built with a long of young talent in the group. They brought in two veterans in Ronaldo and Varane who have the winning mentality that hopefully can rub off on the squad this year with a trophy.
Well too be fair based on our transfers and building over the last few years if we fail to challenge or drop down Ole might not be here either.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
To be quite honest - I just can't see him going to PSG. Real or Barca yes - but PSG no.

I honestly think it is between Real, us and City.....and right now I fancy our chances
I find it baffling people still can't see players going to PSG, have you not paid attention to the last 10 years? I think anybody has a chance at Haaland because with his young age he can make several moves still, and PSG are one of the front-runners IMO.

Strelok

He was a beast against Netherlands. VVD was no match for him. Shame he didn't get a second hitting the post.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yes. You get too hung up about manager possibly leaving as the reason he picked dortmund over you and completely miss the point: he was a young, untested player back then. He needed a team that guaranteed him minutes. At United Ole did, but there was no guarantee his possible replacement would as well

Now he's a megastar. He's gonna be the highest paid, and most high profile player on pretty much whatever team he decides to join(unless it's psg or madrid, where he'd still be top2/3). Managers won't matter, he plays, period.

Skåre Willoch

He was a beast against Netherlands. VVD was no match for him. Shame he didn't get a second hitting the post.
Yeah, he was a totally different animal compared to his last few games for Norway. Van Dijk, and especially De Vrij, simply couldn't handle him. So explosive!!

MS4

I think with us having Ronaldo our chances increased to sign Haaland. Let's win something and get him next year !

Strelok

Yeah, he was a totally different animal compared to his last few games for Norway. Van Dijk, and especially De Vrij, simply couldn't handle him. So explosive!!
Agreed.

The way he was bullying both was unbelievable. And both are of the best CBs in the world atm.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
real madrid.

Mbappe for free and theyll throw cash at Haaland. Next summer i think theyll go back to galactico theme

Blood Mage

Fecking freak of a footballer. Whoever signs him is going to dominate Europe for years IMO, I hope it's us.

RoyH1

real madrid.

Mbappe for free and theyll throw cash at Haaland. Next summer i think theyll go back to galactico theme
According to some Spanish media, the reason PSG didn't let Mbappé go was that they wanted to bring Haaland in this window with the Mbappé money but were met with a refusal from Raiola that said that Haaland had a verbal agreement with Dortmund and Madrid to go to the latter in the summer 2022.
Probably bollocks but I'll try to find the source and post it.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
According to some Spanish media, the reason PSG didn't let Mbappé go was that they wanted to bring Haaland in this window with the Mbappé money but were met with a refusal from Raiola that said that Haaland had a verbal agreement with Dortmund and Madrid to go to the latter in the summer 2022.
Probably bollocks but I'll try to find the source and post it.
If he has a clause it would not be necessary to involve Dortmund. That could be a sign it is bollocks. However the clubs are on good terms, so it is well possible that they talked too each other about that. Knowing that only one club is actually going to negotiate should keep eveything at Dortmund a bit calmer compared to a situation were Haaland discusses terms with half a dozen clubs, so it might be true.

flappyjay

If he has a clause it would not be necessary to involve Dortmund.
From reading the above post psg wanted him this year, which would mean having to deal with dortmund as the release clause activates next June.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
From reading the above post psg wanted him this year, which would mean having to deal with dortmund as the release clause activates next June.
I was referring to Real having an agreement for next year with Dortmund, not to PSG.

troylocker

13 goals and 4 assists in 808 minutes for club and country since season start 7/8.

62 minutes per goal
48 minutes per goal/assist

Involved in 69% of Dortmunds goals, 63% of Norways goal.

insane start of the season, and Champions League coming up this week…..

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
He's literally scoring ALL the time against everyone, no matter what tournament he plays in or if its club or national team.

Even worse, he's starting to really pile on the assists. His teammates owes him at least 4 more goals from being played on a open goal this season.

It's getting to a point where its genuinely a surprise if he DOESNT contribute with a goal or an assist, which is frankly ridiculous for a player this young.

It is time we speak up against Erling Haaland for spreading Goal-insecurities among Europes striker talents.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
He's literally scoring ALL the time against everyone, no matter what tournament he plays in or if its club or national team.

Even worse, he's starting to really pile on the assists. His teammates owes him at least 4 more goals from being played on a open goal this season.

It's getting to a point where its genuinely a surprise if he DOESNT contribute with a goal or an assist, which is frankly ridiculous for a player this young.

It is time we speak up against Erling Haaland for spreading Goal-insecurities among Europes striker talents.
He will want to beat Lewandowski and break his record for sure. 5 goals in 4 games is the rate he needs to keep up to do that, so it is on par with Lewandowski's last season, even slightly worse if playing time is considered.

The race is on, and that is unbelievable in itself.

Polar

Cool celebration (after the penalty). His attitude must be really annoying for opponents supporters.

Bellingham’s beer catch was the highlight of the match. Incredible moment :lol:

Last edited:

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
He will probably smash Ronaldo’s record.

His output at his Age is utterly insane.
He’s hitting Ronaldo figures without the first 5/6 years as a winger scoring <15 goals.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
He’s hitting Ronaldo figures without the first 5/6 years as a winger scoring <15 goals.
Exactly!

He has 7 years advantage!

I fully expect him to break the record. He is insane at his age.

He averages almost a goal a game if not more for club and country and in the CL.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Exactly!

He has 7 years advantage!

I fully expect him to break the record. He is insane at his age.

He averages almost a goal a game if not more for club and country and in the CL.
Its injuries that he will be competing with. Ronaldo and Messi were not only scoring at an incredibly consistent rate, they were both very lucky with injuries. Obviously they worked hard for most of that luck but impact injuries are unavoidable and they mostly avoided them. Haaland will be very lucky to do the same.