Erling Haaland | Dortmund player

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That United turned down Haaland, because Mino and Haaland Sr made exceptionally greedy demands.
That's not exactly nasty given he's known to have ridiculously greedy demands. And if true we'd expect him to come out with a defence. It doesn't change the fact he's been terribly disrespectful to the club (if the Italian quotes are to be believed).

Agents are called 101 things but you can tell the real dirty rats from the rest when you see how they act publically without much of a push to do so.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That's not exactly nasty given he's known to have ridiculously greedy demands. And if true we'd expect him to come out with a defence. It doesn't change the fact he's been terribly disrespectful to the club (if the Italian quotes are to be believed).

Agents are called 101 things but you can tell the real dirty rats from the rest when you see how they act publically without much of a push to do so.
I don't know by which logic saying that someone "greeded" his client/son out of a job opportunity instead of admitting they actually turned you down is acceptable.

The recent quotes from Italy are nasty as well of course, but since they were release after the whole Haaland story I don't see how they are connected. And if we apply your logic the other way around we could say that Raiola's quotes are unprofessional but not really that bad since he's kind of right. It doesn't really work that way, does it?

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
It was interesting to see how peoples own bias would affect their perception of every little detail. I mean, for some it made sense that Ole and Woodward flew over to meet him to «shake hands» on a deal, not make a last ditch attempt to convince him. I still cant get my head around that.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I don't know by which logic saying that someone "greeded" his client/son out of a job opportunity instead of admitting they actually turned you down is acceptable.

The recent quotes from Italy are nasty as well of course, but since they were release after the whole Haaland story I don't see how they are connected to the Haaland stories. And if we apply your logic the other way around we could say that Raiola's quotes are unprofessional but not really that bad since he's kind of right. It doesn't really work that way, does it?
Of course he turned us down and chose Dortmund instead. That's a fact. Has nothing to do with speculation as to why he did that.

It is as likely that he did that because of Raiola's historically greedy demands (which United now refused to meet) as it is that he thought Dortmund were a better club for his growth and development despite United willing to meet his demands. I don't know by which logic you're choosing the latter over the former.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Of course he turned us down and chose Dortmund instead. That's a fact. Has nothing to do with speculation as to why he did that.

It is as likely that he did that because of Raiola's historically greedy demands (which United now refused to meet) as it is that he thought Dortmund were a better club for his growth and development despite United willing to meet his demands. I don't know by which logic you're choosing the latter over the former.
I'm not claiming to have knowledge of what went down precisely between the parties, I was mainly responding to someone apparently not understanding why Raiola would be (rightfully) upset if his version is true.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Absolutely, but they got him for 17m right so it’s still a large profit and they should get 2-3 years great service out of him.

It’s a fabulous deal for all although yeah, Dortmund could still end up feeling slightly aggrieved if he ends up very very special.
If in the unlikely event that he starts knocking in 50-60 goals a season Dortmund could end up losing a €300 million player for just €50 million. No wonder we told them to feck off.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
If in the unlikely event that he starts knocking in 50-60 goals a season Dortmund could end up losing a €300 million player for just €50 million. No wonder we told them to feck off.
People... there is no release clause.

TheRedHearted

People... there is no release clause.
I had just read otherwise. I don’t see why Chelsea wasn’t in for him considering their lack of options and how they like to buy and sometimes loan.
Anyways all of this talk of Sancho- would clearly displace James. With that big transfer fee is Sancho worth it?

Haddock

I think your also actually arguing my point as well - your use of the word parasite by definition isn’t far off what agents roles are in general (arguably in any field ie recruitment agent, real estate agent, etc. - and I don’t mean to offend anyone’s occupation, just using your argument of the term parasite). An agent is by definition a facilitator rather than a necessary part of a process.

However, this doesn’t mean he isn’t doing his job (as a agent) well. Regarding your questions, my point is he doesn’t need to add any value to Dortmund or Football. The value he’s added for Haaland is that he’s advanced Haaland’s career, got him a huge pay rise, and opened up further earning and career progression opportunities for him if he wants it down the track. He’s done his job for Haaland, he’s getting paid for it (obscenely well). Dortmund have agreed to it. Footballs governing bodies allow it.

I’ll restate I don’t like Railoa one bit. But it’s not hard to see why his clients work with him.

Personally I’m still gutted we missed out on Haaland, as I think he is / will be a great player. We’ll see if we’re in for him again in 2 years time...
We are not in disagreement. I agree with everything you've said.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
"Those numbers are unconfirmed, of course, but they're also far from implausible. The Football Leaks revelations shed plenty of light on the fees Raiola earned from the Paul Pogba deal (from both sides, no less) and before that, we found out how much Neymar Senior earned from his son's move to Barcelona. These figures are by no means out out of line. "
:lol::lol::lol:

When did Haaland become the next Mbappe, Pogba, Neymar? Sometimes I really wonder how football writers can sleep at night after writing so much bullshit. At least he didn't hold back in his comparison to other sports and only chose Lebron James as the relevant example at the start and again at the end of his article. Obviously Haaland had the same leverage as those names.

RUCK4444

Wasn’t at all disappointed when Dortmund confirmed he signed for them.

Imo we have a better talent in Greenwood.

Our front three are starting to click and to break that up in any way at this stage would only be warranted by a striker far better.

DBT85

Imagine if Woodward agreed to a release clause, we got him in and in 12 months we lost him to city because he they met the release clause.

The hysteria would be incredible.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
What's even the point in boycotting an agent?

The very reason why Raiola can act like he does is that he holds a strong bargaining position. He does what he does because he knows he gets away with it. And he gets away with it because in the end, clubs are better off dealing with him than they are boycotting him. It's simple: If you don't meet his demands, you won't get his players. And it's his job to prioritize his players' interests over the ones of the club so yeah, when a player eventually wants to leave you have to live with his shit. Of course that can be frustrating as hell but the actual question is: Are you really better off by boycotting him? Telling Raiola to feck off may feel good but I don't think it pays off in the long run. So the sooner you accept the reality and live with it, the better it is for your club.

That's how Dortmund handles it. I think it's time United fans face some uncomfortable truths. Your position in the food chain has suffered drastically since SAF left and you never were on the top of it to begin with. That privilege belonged to Madrid and nowadays they share it with PSG. But in order to get back to where you once were you have to earn it and put in the necessary ground work. And that includes accepting contractual conditions you'd not have accepted when you were on the top. Thing is, you don't have the same attraction on players you used to have so you have to find a way to get your hands on those talents anyway. If that means guaranteed playing time and paying huge agents provisions, maybe you have to get used to it. But I have the feeling United always wants to take the shortcut and neglect the current reality.

Haaland would've improved your squad extremely, even if he left a few seasons down the road. And it would've improved your reputation as a good place for young players. Let's be honest, as a club and employer, Dortmund doesn't stand a chance against you and so do most other clubs in the world. The very reason Haaland chose them over United is that they built up a reputation as the best address in European club football for young players. And that took them a decade.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
"Those numbers are unconfirmed, of course, but they're also far from implausible. The Football Leaks revelations shed plenty of light on the fees Raiola earned from the Paul Pogba deal (from both sides, no less) and before that, we found out how much Neymar Senior earned from his son's move to Barcelona. These figures are by no means out out of line. "
:lol::lol::lol:

When did Haaland become the next Mbappe, Pogba, Neymar? Sometimes I really wonder how football writers can sleep at night after writing so much bullshit. At least he didn't hold back in his comparison to other sports and only chose Lebron James as the relevant example at the start and again at the end of his article. Obviously Haaland had the same leverage as those names.
Not to mention this beauty: "Second, a look at the promising youngsters they signed in the past few seasons and their development (or lack thereof) suggests it's not quite automatic: witness the likes of Abdou Diallo, Marius Wolf, Manuel Akanji, Mahmud Dahoud and Dan-Axel Zagadou."

I hate it so much that people actually make good livings churning out shit like this.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Imagine if Woodward agreed to a release clause, we got him in and in 12 months we lost him to city because he they met the release clause.

The hysteria would be incredible.
There is no release clause.

Eric's Seagull

Wasn’t at all disappointed when Dortmund confirmed he signed for them.

Imo we have a better talent in Greenwood.

Our front three are starting to click and to break that up in any way at this stage would only be warranted by a striker far better.
Greenwood is an amazing talent in my opinion. But if we get injuries or suspensions we are going to be fecked.

RUCK4444

Greenwood is an amazing talent in my opinion. But if we get injuries or suspensions we are going to be fecked.
Yeah I get that however one of his requirements was that he would be a guaranteed starter.

That’s a joke as nobody should be guaranteed in the starting 11, never mind when they are young and untested in the PL.

Eriku

Yeah I get that however one of his requirements was that he would be a guaranteed starter.

That’s a joke as nobody should be guaranteed in the starting 11, never mind when they are young and untested in the PL.
Why do you say that as if it were a known fact?

Eric's Seagull

I totally get it that nobody deserves to be an automatic starter in the team. They need to earn their place and then keep that performance level up and show that they should still be in the starting 11, when a new player gets signed who plays the same position. Do you know that he definitely wanted that guarantee. Are there any links to suggest this this please?

RUCK4444

Why do you say that as if it were a known fact?
I’m sure I’ve read and heard on Sky about one of the major factors in choosing his club was assurances about a starting position.

They were reporting on Sky about it also when Ole was questioned in an interview

mav_9me

https://www.goal.com/en-us/amp/news...aland-negotiations/1msay01vy7kc61im4z7kx6gf4i

The directors talks about some of the issues. For everyone saying there is no release clause, I get it we are all speculating and none of us know but he seems to indicate there is one. Just another data point.

“There is basically much more to it than just the transfer fee,” he added. “There is the salary, signing fee, fees for the consultant and clauses on top of it.”

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
https://www.goal.com/en-us/amp/news...aland-negotiations/1msay01vy7kc61im4z7kx6gf4i

The directors talks about some of the issues. For everyone saying there is no release clause, I get it we are all speculating and none of us know but he seems to indicate there is one. Just another data point.

“There is basically much more to it than just the transfer fee,” he added. “There is the salary, signing fee, fees for the consultant and clauses on top of it.”
Krösche: talks about the real cost of the transfer being more complex than just the base fee
caf: he's talking about a release clause!!

:rolleyes:

mav_9me

Krösche: talks about the real cost of the transfer being more complex than just the base fee
caf: he's talking about a release clause!!

:rolleyes:
So what clause do you think he is talking about? I am saying it might be release clause.

You want to make fun go ahead.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
So what clause do you think he is talking about? I am saying it might be release clause.

You want to make fun go ahead.
He's talking about the cost of the deal, so it's something that costs Dortmund money, e.g. a clause that gives Haaland/Raiola a piece of what Dortmund get when they sell him. It's pretty clear when you look how that quote you took out of context is introduced:

"The reported €20 million (£17m/$22m) move was viewed as a cut-price deal by many, but Krosche believes there are further fees involved with the transfer. "

mav_9me

He's talking about the cost of the deal, so it's something that costs Dortmund money, e.g. a clause that gives Haaland/Raiola a piece of what Dortmund get when they sell him. It's pretty clear when you look how that quote you took out of context is introduced:

"The reported €20 million (£17m/$22m) move was viewed as a cut-price deal by many, but Krosche believes there are further fees involved with the transfer. "
That's why I said maybe he is taking about a release clause or a clause like you are talking about. Either way it would be something United wouldn't agree to understandably.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He and his agent made the right move at this stage of his career. BVB is one of the best place for him to develop his game and his career.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Contrary to the club's philosophy, Borussia Dortmund decided, according to Sky Infos, to grant Erling Haaland an exit clause. #Haaland#BVB

@OutlawGER @do.ob
I don't think Sky is particularly trustworthy, but German media in general has picked up the release clause stuff recently and the club didn't deny it, so it might be true.

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
So basically no then?

Another overhyped youngster. When will people learn not to throw their knickers at any FM signing with a foreign name? :rolleyes:
How about you wait until he actually played a couple of games before judging him? :rolleyes: