Erling Haaland | Dortmund player

Handré1990

He’s incredibly lethal in front of goal, and quite effective in his overall game. Still find it funny there were posters arguing against his speed and technique. Lukaku, I believe many compared him too. The only thing comparable is their hunger: Lukaku’s for food and Haaland’s for goals.

Davie Moyes

I think that we fecked up here. We overpay average players but when we can sign top player then we decide to not go over the limit and we decide to make a stand "nobody is bigger than Man Utd". If release clause was the problem so what? Sign him now and then in a year or two offer him new contract without that clause. He will want new contract anyway after some time.
It's Team Haaland and Raoila who were wanting the release clause so you can bet they would not renew in a couple of years. They have a clear plan for him which included going to a decent sized selling club in Germany with a view to getting one or two more moves to eventually end up at Madrid/Barca. This way his development is incremental and Raoila makes more money. Unless he has some real affinity to Utd why would he come to a struggling team who would make it hard for him to leave (apart from the money).

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's got what Ronaldo developed in his mid-late twenties. This insane obsession with goal poaching. The hunger and drive to keep pushing the defense line back to get on the end of something, in turn, pushes the whole team forward. It creates a suction towards goal and he just happens to be on the end of everything.

He'll finish this season with 50 goals.

Okey

Just unreal. I'll struggle to get over missing out on this lad. Imagine him and Bruno being our January signings...the stuff of wet dreams!

Dve

[/QUOTE]
I´d rather suggest his next step is to the PL, United or not. He´s born in England, his father spent his carreer
Just unreal. I'll struggle to get over missing out on this lad. Imagine him and Bruno being our January signings...the stuff of wet dreams!
Plus Sancho in the summer. Can you imagine.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Is it true that the release clause doesn't activate for three years?

If so, I don't see why it was even an issue. Long before that point he'd already be in negotiations for a new contract. Sure, it would give his team more leverage, but if he develops as expected that's something the club would have to deal with regardless.

riis

Supports
Liverpool
Is it true that the release clause doesn't activate for three years?

If so, I don't see why it was even an issue. Long before that point he'd already be in negotiations for a new contract. Sure, it would give his team more leverage, but if he develops as expected that's something the club would have to deal with regardless.
There's been reports of both a €50m release clause applicable from summer 2022 and a €75m release clause applicable from summer 2021. Have no idea what's the actual source for either claim, it's possible both, one, or neither are true.

redshaw

Painful to see him and Sancho, being sold for peanuts.

I don't expect them to replicate the stats in England but christ we are crying out for both.

memelord

He has Sancho, Brandt, Reus behind him at Dortmund. He wouldn't be scoring any goals feeding off the likes of Pereira and Lingard here.

MrBest

It is all well having a great players in your side but you need a good manager to coach them. The way Ole played Bruno today was embarrassing - Haaland is better off being coached by proper people.

Siviz

Supports
Swansea
He has Sancho, Brandt, Reus behind him at Dortmund. He wouldn't be scoring any goals feeding off the likes of Pereira and Lingard here.
Rashford, Martial etcetera are the ones you ought to compare with, but I think you know that.

DevilRed

Wouldn't show this talent in this team.....
He would be much less effective in our set up thats for sure.

Not to mention we play in a much tougher league than the bundesliga.

Can't take anything away from dortmund and this kid haaland though. They are great going forwards and he is in the perfect environment to set himself up for his next big move. Hopefully to us in a couple of years time, after he has sacked that fat feck.

Giggsforever

He’s incredibly lethal in front of goal, and quite effective in his overall game. Still find it funny there were posters arguing against his speed and technique. Lukaku, I believe many compared him too. The only thing comparable is their hunger: Lukaku’s for food and Haaland’s for goals.
His speed is one of his greatest assets, really fast player.

DevilRed

That sucks. Dortmund will be pushing for renegotiation of that clause soon
Do you REALLY think that is realistic? Especially with that fat feck insisting on it in the first place?

Thats how raiola makes his money, he gets a cut of the transfer fee and other agent fees when the player moves clubs.

He obviously doesn't get much if anything at all for renewing a deal. He also certainly would ask for a wage that dortmund would never be able to afford.

mav_9me

Do you REALLY think that is realistic? Especially with that fat feck insisting on it in the first place?

Thats how raiola makes his money, he gets a cut of the transfer fee and other agent fees when the player moves clubs.

He obviously doesn't get much if anything at all for renewing a deal. He also certainly would ask for a wage that dortmund would never be able to afford.
I also think Haaland Sr gets a cut of the transfer. Just my opinion. I may be wrong.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
We should buy him and Sancho in the summer. If we can convince them both to join at the same time they might feel the project is for them, which it would be.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Golden Shoe standings
Ciro Immobile (Lazio, ITA) – 23 goals x 2 league multiplier
44 Robert Lewandowski (Bayern München, GER) – 22 x 2
40 Timo Werner (Leipzig, GER) – 20 x 2
38 Erling Braut Haaland (Salzburg, AUT/Dortmund, GER) – 16 x 1.5, 7 x 2
34 Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus, ITA) – 17 x 2
34 Jamie Vardy (Leicester, ENG) – 17 x 2
32 Sergio Agüero (Manchester City, ENG) – 16 x 2
31 Erik Sorga (Flora Tallinn, EST) – 31 x 1
30 Wissam Ben Yedder (Monaco, FRA) – 15 x 2
28.5 Ilya Shkurin (Zvezda, BLR) – 19 x 1.5
28 Romelu Lukaku (Inter, ITA) – 14 x 2
28 Kylian Mbappé (Paris, FRA) – 14 x 2
28 Marcus Rashford (Manchester United, ENG) – 14 x 2
28 Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal, ENG) – 14 x 2
28 Danny Ings (Southampton, ENG) – 14 x 2
28 Lionel Messi (Barcelona, ESP) – 14 x 2
28 Mohamed Salah (Liverpool, ENG) – 14 x 2
28 João Pedro (Cagliari, ITA) – 14 x 2

The madman is in contention despite playing half the season in a 1.5x league. And he has barely played 1200 minutes of league football :lol:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Austrian league should be x1
Why? The ratings are based on UEFA coefficients. Besides the lesser leagues play fewer games. In 1.5x leagues you probably need to score 35+ (well over a goal a game) to even compete with the best scorers from the top leagues.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Golden Shoe standings
Ciro Immobile (Lazio, ITA) – 23 goals x 2 league multiplier
44 Robert Lewandowski (Bayern München, GER) – 22 x 2
40 Timo Werner (Leipzig, GER) – 20 x 2
38 Erling Braut Haaland (Salzburg, AUT/Dortmund, GER) – 16 x 1.5, 7 x 2
34 Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus, ITA) – 17 x 2
34 Jamie Vardy (Leicester, ENG) – 17 x 2
32 Sergio Agüero (Manchester City, ENG) – 16 x 2
31 Erik Sorga (Flora Tallinn, EST) – 31 x 1
30 Wissam Ben Yedder (Monaco, FRA) – 15 x 2
28.5 Ilya Shkurin (Zvezda, BLR) – 19 x 1.5
28 Romelu Lukaku (Inter, ITA) – 14 x 2
28 Kylian Mbappé (Paris, FRA) – 14 x 2
28 Marcus Rashford (Manchester United, ENG) – 14 x 2
28 Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal, ENG) – 14 x 2
28 Danny Ings (Southampton, ENG) – 14 x 2
28 Lionel Messi (Barcelona, ESP) – 14 x 2
28 Mohamed Salah (Liverpool, ENG) – 14 x 2
28 João Pedro (Cagliari, ITA) – 14 x 2

The madman is in contention despite playing half the season in a 1.5x league. And he has barely played 1200 minutes of league football :lol:
Who's this Erik Sorga lad? Maybe we should sign him. not a serious suggestion

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Have to play devil's advocate now.

This demonisation of Raiola is getting a little bit out of hand. His bad reputation primarily comes from the fact that he's fiercely loyal towards his players and prioritizes their well-being above everything. I've never heard that he fell out with one of his clients and if he would try to manipulate them into deals only he profits from, this would have happened quite a few times by now. So I think if the player tells Raiola he wants to stay, he'll eventually support that. As a club, you have a problem the moment the player wants out and you want him to stay. In such situations, Raiola is pretty much your nightmare.

Funny thing is, clubs complain about him but when he's on their side, they have absolutely no problem with his methods. When Dortmund wanted Mkhitaryan as a Götze replacement but Donezk was eager to make him stay, they even "hired" Raiola to get him out of his contract. A few years down the road, this came back to bite them in the ass when Mkhitaryan wanted to leave for United and became a persona non grata because of his behaviour. And now you're the ones complaining about him while Dortmund is happy to make a deal with him again. It's always the same story.

I don't think Raiola is that morally reprehensible. Yes, some of his methods are shady, but most of the time he's just doing his job, which means achieving the best results for the players he consults. He helps players make the best out of their bargaining position and since clubs don't like that (and fans are loyal towards clubs, not players) hes often the scapegoat.