Erling Haaland | Dortmund player

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I'm surprised they gave it to him, the ball was pretty much in by the time he made contact but why not? Keep the streak going, at the cost of an assist for Sancho.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Does Salzburg’s goals count for his overall season total ? As he must have 35 already
They count for half of the goals he's scoring in the Bundesliga in the race for the golden boot.

dbs235

For some reason I keep thinking "he's not that good, he's just scoring, it will end soon", but it doesn't end :lol: Similar to what everyone thought about Kane early on.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
The guy's passion is insane, he's only been at the club for barely a month but was acting like the captain. Shouting, running his lungs off.

Missed a really good chance after scoring but besides that his overall play was superb, should've gotten an assist and forced a brilliant save right at the end.

TommiHelm

Dortmund created so much more after he came on. It's not just the goals he's providing, he makes the rest of the team better, both making room for others and creating chances. His mentality is contagious to. And he's only 19.

Reactions: Fortitude

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
Well I only saw one angle but it looked like it was going straight in. Good instincts to get there though.
Yeah. He came in such a speed that I think he might have PREVENTED the goal if he did otherwise :) He gave away penalties in Salzburg to teammates even though he was set up to take them all, so I don't think hes ego.

The best thing about him is the intensity and mentality. Close to a 2nd at the end but the great effort by him+Brant was denied by the keeper. Missed one chance, and should have had an assist if Sancho had not had that bad first touch. Dortmund can blame themselves for missing out on the DFB cup now, should have played their best lineup from the beginning. They do not have a solid enough defence to not play their best attacking players.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
He would've been absolutely brilliant here. Even if he weren't scoring goals regularly, his pure energy would've galvanized the fans and fellow teammates.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Yeah. He came in such a speed that I think he might have PREVENTED the goal if he did otherwise :) He gave away penalties in Salzburg to teammates even though he was set up to take them all, so I don't think hes ego.

The best thing about him is the intensity and mentality. Close to a 2nd at the end but the great effort by him+Brant was denied by the keeper. Missed one chance, and should have had an assist if Sancho had not had that bad first touch. Dortmund can blame themselves for missing out on the DFB cup now, should have played their best lineup from the beginning. They do not have a solid enough defence to not play their best attacking players.
Who was missing from their starting lineup? Thats pretty much their starting eleven

Dinghy

That was probably his most impressive performance for Dortmund so far. His touch and build-up play was excellent and he could have had a couple more goals and a few assists as well.

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
Who was missing from their starting lineup? Thats pretty much their starting eleven
My opinion of course, but I thought of Haaland, Reyna and Can. Sanco seems to play every match all the time btw. Rough on a 19 year old but he seems to handle it so far.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
For some reason I keep thinking "he's not that good, he's just scoring, it will end soon", but it doesn't end :lol: Similar to what everyone thought about Kane early on.
I know exactly what you mean. :lol:
But he is so much fun to watch.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Martial should be the type of player playing for Dortmund (à la Mikhytarian) and Haaland should be the type of player playing for Manchester United. Pray to the football gods that we have a worthy project including him 2.5 years from now.

I wouldn't be surprised if Real came running. He's their type as well. He deserves more than the Bundesliga.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I wouldn't be surprised if Real came running. He's their type as well. He deserves more than the Bundesliga.
Statements like this always confuse me. As if it‘s some crappy 4th class league.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Statements like this always confuse me. As if it‘s some crappy 4th class league.
Compared to the Premier League, yes it is.

Premier League
La Liga
Serie A
Bundesliga

Quality notwithstanding, it's about exposure.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Premier League
La Liga
Serie A
Bundesliga

Don't think so, they're likely going to knock two of our team's out the CL.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal

Premier League
La Liga
Serie A
Bundesliga

why Serie A is ahead of Bundesliga? Based on what?
5-year-evaluation from Uefa:
Germany is third with 68.498 points
and Italiy fourth with 66.510 points.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

Premier League
La Liga
Serie A
Bundesliga

Well, that is your opinion. To me Dortmund is a top 10 gig for a young attacker in Europe.

Dve

That was probably his most impressive performance for Dortmund so far. His touch and build-up play was excellent and he could have had a couple more goals and a few assists as well.
Also very impressed with his movements and decision making. Haaland really has it all, and it already feels he´s a little bit too good for Dortmund. I read Haaland himself is complaining he lost a lot of training last month and therefore far from his best form...haha.

Jostein Hjorteset

He gave away penalties in Salzburg to teammates even though he was set up to take them all, so I don't think hes ego
And by the way he has not missed a penalty since he was 15 ;-). I don't remember the exact streak on penalties but it is 25 +/- since he was 15. What does that tell you about the guy's level of focus and concentration? It is definitely Ronaldo (our's) like. The same will to sacrifice to win. That is what makes him really special. In addition his education when it comes to positioning and when to make runs are impressive for a 19 year old. His father has learned him some, but a lot comes from Ole's coaching. We have a real chance to get this gem in 1,5 years or more likely 2,5 years if we go all out for him.

Last edited:

Mainoldo

Some of you guys are funny. He wouldn’t get a sniff playing for us. Just running round like a headless chicken.

Great career move for him. Got RVN ruthless about him. Shame we are shite and can’t experience him first hand.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
A tap in from one inch with xG 1.00. Missed two good chances too. Quite clearly regressing. Glad we dodged the bullet.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Do Dortmund have the best collection of young players in the world? Reyna, Moukoko, Sancho, Haaland, Brandt, Hakimi. No doubt I'm missing some too. How's Raschl been getting on? I remember him being very highly rated.

troylocker

Some sick statistics from Haalands Dortmund spell so far:

Dortmund without Haaland on the pitch (vs. Augsburg, Köln, Union and Werder): goal difference 4-6 (totally 190 minutes)
Dortmund with Haaland on the pitch (vs. Augsburg, Köln, Union and Werder): goal difference 13-1 (totally 170 minutes)

8 goals in 170 minutes, a goal every 21 minutes on avg.

Seems to have some impact on the pitch the young lad. Insane!

troylocker

You think he's better than martial?
27 more goalcontributions (44 total in 1644 minutes) with 500 minutes less on the pitch this season. Nah...

6 more than number two on the list in Europe this season, second on the list is Lewa with 900 minutes more on the pitch. Nah...

troylocker

Can someone explain to me what went wrong with this transfer from United's point of view?

I have read the usual hyperbole from certain posters, but what was the actual reason he went to Dortmund instead of United?
We offered 170k a week, but refused to offer a contract with release clause + his path to minutes and development were probably valued better with BVB. He accepted a 100k/week contract with a EUR 75M release clause kicking in after the 21/22 season. They probably also put Dortmunds attacking style of play in to the equation. No one in Dortmund sees him staying at the club past the summer 2022.

PS! He has turned down money and bigger clubs for development and minutes at every crossroad in his career so far.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
We offered 170k a week, but refused to offer a contract with release clause + his path to minutes and development were probably valued better with BVB. He accepted a 100k/week contract with a EUR 75M release clause kicking in after the 21/22 season. They probably also put Dortmunds attacking style of play in to the equation. No one in Dortmund sees him staying at the club past the summer 2022.

PS! He has turned down money and bigger clubs for development and minutes at every crossroad in his career so far.
Makes sense now, thanks.