Erling Haaland | Dortmund player

mu4c_20le

He's not wrong, Haaland is pretty much the same thing. He's 19, and has absolutely insane physical attributes and is such a pure striker of the ball.
He isn't physically dominant like Adriano, or a beast like Ronaldo (either one). He looks like a RVN regen.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Great player, strikes the ball like Batigol. He will be a dominant striker in world football for the next decade at least. However, I am happy to see him playing elsewhere if it means Raiola has less input at United.

Woodward should give an ultimatum to every player at United who has Mino as an agent: Ditch him or don't play for us. Fine if you can find a buyer but if not Schweinsteiger treatment: off to the U23s.

lsd

The Oracle
So the same people who think we should never sign a Raiola player again think we should sign a Raiola player ?

0le

How did we not go all out for this kid? Our management is the acme of ineptitude. Probably for the best, we'd have ruined him.
Our management did the best thing they've done in seven years and told an agent with ridculous demands to feck off.

fps

Nothing would be worth having to deal with Raiola, no matter how talented he is. Lovely work tonight though.

adamwest

Just seen the Dortmund - PSG goals. My word Haaland really is the real deal isn't he? Build up + instincts for the first. Just a special strike for the second. Beast!

Teja

It's at least promising that our scouting department seems to have improved. Bruno looks class, Maguire and AWB are solid and they've identified and went for Haaland when he wasn't the biggest name around. We won't sign every single player we're interested in but it's atleast promising that our strategy is fairly good now.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Careful there. Adri at his peak was like nothing else ever. Big, physical centerbacks got out of his way out of fear
Haaland had Thiago Silva in the dirt tonight

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He looked clumsy as feck for the majority of the game but can’t deny his 2 goals.

I really do see similarities to Lukaku.

Dinghy

In his first 7 games in the CL as a 19 year old he's already level with Zlatan's best ever season in the same competition (10 goals).

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Just seen the Dortmund - PSG goals. My word Haaland really is the real deal isn't he? Build up + instincts for the first. Just a special strike for the second. Beast!
His first goal was lucky because it richochet off the defender and then off of him for the perfect layup. For the goal Dortmund did well and their build-up allowed them to create that opportunity to happen. As for Haaland's role in the build up you see that the midfielder tells him what to do to start the play so instinctively he's not on point in the build-up aspect of football but he certainly knows how to behave in the box.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I honestly would not be surprised. If he enjoys living in Germany then I don't see why not.
I expect him to sign for one of the Spanish clubs or whoever is the best team in England at the time he leaves. Really don’t think we have enough pull for him.

DamoK

U
Utterly ridiculous that we didn’t go all out to sign this guy.
I think we did but his agent and the release clause were a problem, he wanted a release clause in his contract of 60 million, there was no way we were going to agree to that

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
In his first 7 games in the CL as a 19 year old he's already level with Zlatan's best ever season in the same competition (10 goals).
Zlatan never really seemed to shine in the CL. He was a monster in domestic leagues but I truely struggle recalling big game performances from him in the CL.

Dve

I think the reality is just that Dortmund is, right now, a far superior option to Man United. Easier to settle in, a bit less pressure and a pretty good squad. He's very young and he definitely made the right choice. United will still be chasing him in 2 or 3 years if they can get back to the top. I honestly never thought he would choose United when german clubs were thrown into the mix. Far easier and healthier transition for him.
No, that´s not it. The move was planned, because Haaland wanted to take the natural next step in his career. Not the final step. And not because United are horrible. Next step is the PL. With that release clause, maybe in not so long.

Cathy Ferguson

How did we end up not signing this guy? Ole nurtured the guy at Molde and we allowed him to sign for Salzburg.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Regardless of Raiola, this guy would have actually taken us places, unlike Lingard and Pogba. But laugh away.
I’m laughing because it’s a stupid comment. We went all out on his transfer and a combination of Haaland being sensible and viewing Gernmany and Dortmund as his best next step and Raiola overseeing it meant it was completely out of our control.

macheda14

At 19 he is already in the conversation for being one of the best strikers in Europe, just madness.
In current form I see nobody who’s better.
I actually agree but didn’t want to be accused of hyperbole

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
19 and defenders are bouncing off him. Like he's the one playing with kids.

On top of that can strike the ball, has a poacher instinct, can play, rapid, good link-up.

Think he will be fine.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He looked clumsy as feck for the majority of the game but can’t deny his 2 goals.

I really do see similarities to Lukaku.
I didn't watch the game so you may have a point, but I can't remember seeing Lukaku take a touch like this (before the goal)

and score a goal like this

adamwest

His first goal was lucky because it richochet off the defender and then off of him for the perfect layup. For the goal Dortmund did well and their build-up allowed them to create that opportunity to happen. As for Haaland's role in the build up you see that the midfielder tells him what to do to start the play so instinctively he's not on point in the build-up aspect of football but he certainly knows how to behave in the box.
Opinions make the world go around. I thought his little lay off before the manoeuvring his way into the box and spinning to finish was reminiscent of a proper goalscorer. It was messy but it was instinctive and clinical. His second was just an absolute monster of a finish - took the bloody net off.

The dude's the real deal.

Skåre Willoch

He isn't physically dominant like Adriano, or a beast like Ronaldo (either one). He looks like a RVN regen.
Have you even seen the lad play? RVN regen?

Get outta here. The kid is a force of nature. Imagine his peak. 19 years old. He’s a bloody phenomenon.

Red Stone

I don't know what seems weirder, the fact he's only 19 or that he's Norwegian.
Ødegaard is the weirdest. Not only a potentially world class player, but one with probably the most un-Norwegian skill set ever.

Shark

@NotShark
I’m laughing because it’s a stupid comment. We went all out on his transfer and a combination of Haaland being sensible and viewing Gernmany and Dortmund as his best next step and Raiola overseeing it meant it was completely out of our control.
Fair enough. I can remember also reading reports that Woodward was unwilling to meet the proposed terms, so who knows if it was completely out of our hands.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Opinions make the world go around. I thought his little lay off before the manoeuvring his way into the box and spinning to finish was reminiscent of a proper goalscorer. It was messy but it was instinctive and clinical. His second was just an absolute monster of a finish - took the bloody net off.

The dude's the real deal.
His build up for the goal was well executed but he had to be guided on what to du during the build up is all I'm saying. Not really a slight on the 19 year old, seems to take instructions readily and easily. No nonsense and his goal scoring instincts are top class.

mu4c_20le

I didn't watch the game so you may have a point, but I can't remember seeing Lukaku take a touch like this (before the goal)
Obviously cannot deny his technique after that 2nd goal, and he had a few good touches to lay off the ball during the match, but I know what he's talking about, sometimes he just looks really awkward with the ball and it made me question whether he's the real deal for the longest time. But he gets the goals, so can't deny that. But he still sometimes looks like a boy who's not yet used to his 6'4" body.