Erling Haaland | Dortmund player

sp_107

Ansu Fati, Sancho , Haaland, Carmavinga these 4 will be a dream and our team will be sorted for next 10 years !!

padr81

Supports
Man City
I don't think I've seen anyone with his confidence and composure in front of goal at such a young age. Going to be an animal.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Benzema, Greizmann,Aguero,Lewandowski, Icardi / Mbappe /Neymar all could leave in next couple of years.

That release clause is going to be so damn cheap.

Nights

My fear is City will be in for him next summer as a replacement for Aguero. I'll be absolutely gutted if that happens. Hopefully, Bayern buy him as Lewandowski's successor!
Hopefully City spunk everything on Messi and United use the Ole link to sign him.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
To be fair without Ole here all roads majorly lead to city. If we want him we need to get him before there’s a bidding war and try and maybe even save some cash but that would involve us being aggressive and I don’t think we look like we are good enough at that side of things to win a race for this player if better run clubs get involved. I’d like to be wrong though. The release clause is low supposedly. Let’s see what happens with sancho first anyway.

DarkLord

I only just realized Haaland is born in Leeds so he would have been eligible to play for England. Damn what a strikeforce we would have, Sancho, Sterling, Haaland, Kane. That would probably be the best attacking unit in international football.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
To be fair without Ole here all roads majorly lead to city. If we want him we need to get him before there’s a bidding war and try and maybe even save some cash but that would involve us being aggressive and I don’t think we look like we are good enough at that side of things to win a race for this player if better run clubs get involved. I’d like to be wrong though. The release clause is low supposedly. Let’s see what happens with sancho first anyway.
Ole failed to convince him about a Utd move just 9 months ago. How is he a factor anyway? Haalands clause kicks in 2022, so that's a discussion to be had in the future

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Ole failed to convince him about a Utd move just 9 months ago. How is he a factor anyway? Haalands clause kicks in 2022, so that's a discussion to be had in the future
Although a reason was that Haaland wasn't sure if Ole would remain as manager after the season, otherwise Haaland wanted to join United. If Ole remains as our long term manager then it could be a factor in Haaland joining.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Although a reason was that Haaland wasn't sure if Ole would remain as manager after the season, otherwise Haaland wanted to join United. If Ole remains as our long term manager then it could be a factor in Haaland joining.
Anything to back this up, other than twitter stories?

BarstoolProphet

Anything to back this up, other than twitter stories?
It was mentioned a lot in Norwegian media as to why he should be wary of joining United. Tbf Ole's position was probably the worst it has ever been back then and we didn't look a very exciting project to join for a talented youngster. Now the situation is completely different of course. I'm pretty sure he would have joined us now if he waited another six months for a transfer.

Devil81

Wow! That display.

The power in his running is so powerful and his finishing is direct and unstoppable. The assist of Sorloths second was fantastic as well.

There is going to be some battle for his signature once he's done playing second fiddle to Bayern.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Haaland's father:

“It may well have been good, too, if we had chosen a different route. We’ll never get an answer to that. But we are very happy with the clubs he has been in.

“You have to go to a club where the whole club wants you, not just the coach.

“I think that’s the most important thing, in addition to how the club has been over the last five or ten years and what direction they’ve taken.

“Because it’s dangerous to just sign for a coach, because he can suddenly be sacked.”

Does seem as if Haaland would've been happy to join United because of Ole being there.

troylocker

The reasons why he chose Dortmund was: Guaranteed first choice number 9, they were willing to sign him with a "low" buyout clause and pay Raiola and Håland Sr. what they asked, they accepted the fact that they will act as a stepping stone club in this case and they were still in the CL with a young and exciting squad.
I think we have a better chance next time he makes a move.

Generational talent that will lift any club he joins to another level. Read a funny line somewhere (He was born in Leeds and could play for England): "Imagine having Haaland as backup for Kane"..... :lol:

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
feck off man

Like a GODs gift he is from Norway.
This generation of players we have upcoming will make this our best team ever.
Slap af. Norge er god til Skak ;-)

Men lort til fodbold, det kan du ikke komme udenom.

No doubt with Ødegaard and Haland the future looks better.

SATA

He's fantastic absolutely. I wasn't convinced prior to his move to Germany but i am now. We have to get him in two years. He's an upgraded version of Lukaku if you like and this is the version we want. Pure brute, power, hungry for goals. He gets the ball within the sight of goal and he has only one thing on his mind. Such a unique mindset

dev1l

Money talks..
Dortmund paid 10million to Haaland s father and 15 million to Raiola.
Plus Dortmund accepted a release clause of around 70 million.

Just follow the money and ignore the blabbering

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
But
feck off man

Edit: Your statement was so far of that I am going to elaborate.

The core we now have in the team is Ajer, Berge, Sorloth, Ødegaard and Haaland as the main players. That’s a lot of talent.

A player like King is also a PL regular. The youth teams under these guys is also very good. Our main weakness is the defence imo. But the squad is actually extremely good for such a small country. The best we had since our glory days.
But but, can he do it with an orange?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Michu? That's a weird one. Did he explain why? I only remember Michu's first explosive season with Swansea in the PL and that's about it
Basically because of that, I think. Haaland must’ve been about 12/13 years old that season — it was probably one of his first proper seasons of watching the PL and Michu must’ve had an impact on him from a viewing perspective.

Skåre Willoch

The no.9 looks mahoosive!

:lol: at the Michu celebration homage.
That's Alexander Sørloth. The Crystal Palace legend.
24 goals and 9 assists for Tranbzonspor in the Süper Lig this season, and antoher 7 goals and 1 assist in the turkish cup (which they won). Rumor has it he's heading to RB Leipzig.

Together, Sørloth and Haaland will play up front for the NT for 10 years. Beast mode x 2 !! Both 194 cm tall, and built of brick. When Ødegaard is fit and can feed them great passes as well, it really starts to become exciting. I'm properly optimistic about our national team for the first time in what... 20 years? More? Haaland is a Golden Ball contender already, and will go down in history with all the records possible for the NT.

Matriac

Apparently his release clause is active from next summer!
Summer 2022.
He transfered in January and it was widely reported the clause wouldn't kick in for 2.5 years.

Can always bid 100m next summer though.

Chief123

Summer 2022.
He transfered in January and it was widely reported the clause wouldn't kick in for 2.5 years.

Can always bid 100m next summer though.
For some reason fjortaf tweeted saying it’s next summer.

Matriac

For some reason fjortaf tweeted saying it’s next summer.
Fjørtoft can be a bit daft. Saw the tweet now and I read it as that Haaland could be on the market next summer, and since he has a clause that kicks in a year later he could go for a "crazy" price next summer.

If he just sells for his release clause that would hardly make it a crazy transfer window?

RUCK4444

65M is such a low price. I'm surprised BVB would agreed to that
It’s probably the only reason he went there, he had other suitors. Good stop gap club for him to stretch his legs and get minutes whilst he waits for the big fish to come knocking.

Chief123

Fjørtoft can be a bit daft. Saw the tweet now and I read it as that Haaland could be on the market next summer, and since he has a clause that kicks in a year later he could go for a "crazy" price next summer.

If he just sells for his release clause that would hardly make it a crazy transfer window?
If covid situation continues we could be one of the very few clubs who are able to sign him next summer.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
feck off man

Edit: Your statement was so far of that I am going to elaborate.

The core we now have in the team is Ajer, Berge, Sorloth, Ødegaard and Haaland as the main players. That’s a lot of talent.

A player like King is also a PL regular. The youth teams under these guys is also very good. Our main weakness is the defence imo. But the squad is actually extremely good for such a small country. The best we had since our glory days.
I have always viewed Norway as the under-achieving little brother to Denmark and Sweden. It'll be good to see Norway finally produce a talented crop of their own and be the big dog in Scandinavia for a while.

PeteManic

I’m not trolling at all when I ask: why would he have come to United? Why would he ever go to United? Blows my mind that people are making up theories and explanations about why it didn’t happen. If I was a teenage superstar with my choice of clubs, I would let go to United (and I’m a United fan!)

Dve

I’m not trolling at all when I ask: why would he have come to United? Why would he ever go to United? Blows my mind that people are making up theories and explanations about why it didn’t happen. If I was a teenage superstar with my choice of clubs, I would let go to United (and I’m a United fan!)
Why would you not go to United and be part of the rebuild of the most popular club in the world? A club well known for developing talents, and with a manager believing in and giving chances to the youth? Sure you are a United fan?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He would have come to United. The reason he didn’t was because we didn’t agree to a release clause. He wants to play for Barca.

He would have been United’s main striker, & his name would have increased drastically, much more than it has at Dortmund. Had he replicated his Dortmund form for us he would be one of the top global superstars in football right now. Maybe our style wouldn’t have suited him like Dortmund & he would have struggled? maybe he would have hit the ground running? Who knows? It’s a moot point now. Coming to United has done wonders for Bruno’s career. He’s a superstar now.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Why would you not go to United and be part of the rebuild of the most popular club in the world? A club well known for developing talents, and with a manager believing in and giving chances to the youth? Sure you are a United fan?
maybe because we've seemed to care about business a lot more than getting a better grip on the football side.