Erling Haaland | Dortmund player

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
If covid situation continues we could be one of the very few clubs who are able to sign him next summer.
Given his buy our clause is relatively low I'm not sure that's true ... equally with Martial, Rashford Greenwood and who knows perhaps even sancho by that point another expensive striker would seem a luxury signing especially if covid continues

This time next year
Benzema will be 33
Lewondowski will be 33
Aguero will be 33

And I suspect Real, Bayern and city have the financial resources to ride out Covid pretty well (with the added advantage their owners dont own huge out of town real estate operations where they rent shops etc which is probably going to take a bigger hit than most sectors)

Its possible he ends up at United but i wouldnt see us as one of the more likley unless one of our strikers left (and if other clubs cant afford the haaland buy out then they wont be able to afford a rashford or martial either)

Chief123

Given his buy our clause is relatively low I'm not sure that's true ... equally with Martial, Rashford Greenwood and who knows perhaps even sancho by that point another expensive striker would seem a luxury signing especially if covid continues
His buyout clause won't be in effect next summer. So whoever is interested in him next summer is going to have to pay top whack. There's hardly anyone who's able to pay a large sum right now, so if Covid continues I don't see how more buyers will come forward next summer to pay 100m euros on Haaland.

And I suspect Real, Bayern and city have the financial resources to ride out Covid pretty well (with the added advantage their owners dont own huge out of town real estate operations where they rent shops etc which is probably going to take a bigger hit than most sectors)
Bayern and City possibly could come in for him and I'd imagine they are the biggest threat to Utd getting him. Real Madrid, no chance (again if covid continues). Madrid aren't dealing with the financial situation very well at the start of covid, I don't see how their situation improves next summer.

sp_107

Ansu Fati ----Haaland-------Sancho would be a dream front 3 with Carmavinga/Pogba/Bruno in midfield.

Will cost 300M+ to get those 4 but if we can sell 100M worth fringe players we might achieve this team in 2 years just with 200M net spend (100M/year).

Sancho/Carmavinga this year and Haaland/Ansu next year. After that we may not have to spend too much for next 5/6 years

Dve

maybe because we've seemed to care about business a lot more than getting a better grip on the football side.
Because Dortmund players are paid more? Or because we havn´t spent money on players? Then I suppose Man. City is the only team any player would consider in the PL then.

I mean, it´s ok to be critical of how the club have been drifted the last few years, but one should be careful about crossing the border of becoming pathetic.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Bayern and City possibly could come in for him and I'd imagine they are the biggest threat to Utd getting him. Real Madrid, no chance (again if covid continues). Madrid aren't dealing with the financial situation very well at the start of covid, I don't see how their situation improves next summer.
Lewa will be here until at least 2023. And the fitness freak he is, he'll probably go on being class for much longer. So, don't think Haaland in a Bayern shirt is a likely thing to happen.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Because Dortmund players are paid more? Or because we havn´t spent money on players? Then I suppose Man. City is the only team any player would consider in the PL then.

I mean, it´s ok to be critical of how the club have been drifted the last few years, but one should be careful about crossing the border of becoming pathetic.
what are you on about? He’ll earn more money whatever club he goes to next. Money won’t be the issue. If he has a choice between United and our supposed Disneyland or a project currently on course to win leagues and compete in Europe I’m fairly sure he’ll chose the latter.

MalcolmTucker

Ansu Fati ----Haaland-------Sancho would be a dream front 3 with Carmavinga/Pogba/Bruno in midfield.

Will cost 300M+ to get those 4 but if we can sell 100M worth fringe players we might achieve this team in 2 years just with 200M net spend (100M/year).

Sancho/Carmavinga this year and Haaland/Ansu next year. After that we may not have to spend too much for next 5/6 years
:lol: What is the point in supporting United if you're happy to jettison two homegrown talents, especially one as special as Greenwood and just bring in 3 young and relatively unproven players with no affiliation to the club?

I've watched a lot of Fati for Barca and while he has talent, he has a lot to prove before anyone can claim he has been better than Martial or Rashford this season. Bojan came through La Masia and broke all the records for Barca and Spain and ended up playing for Stoke. Plus he is similar in style to Sancho so that front 3 could be better balanced anyway.

Last edited:

Chief123

Lewa will be here until at least 2023. And the fitness freak he is, he'll probably go on being class for much longer. So, don't think Haaland in a Bayern shirt is a likely thing to happen.
Well that makes me a little bit more hopeful.
City will most likely be the biggest threat to getting Haaland. They’ve already been considering successors to Aguero. Jesus just isn’t cutting it as a striker for them long term. It’s hard to imagine why City wouldn’t go for him next summer. With his fathers City affiliation too I’d imagine that could be a factor. Hoping not!

Chief123

Maybe now some other posters will realise why I said that I’d swap him in for Martial without hesitation
Ooh, even though I love Martial, I would certainly have Haaland over Martial. But I would much rather swap Rashford with Haaland and keep Martial if given the choice of who to let go of.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Just pay Dortmund 250m right now, Sancho coming this summer and let Haaland stay stay for another year on loan. Sancho - Haaland - Greenwood (+ Martial and Rashford) and we dont need to invest in our front 3 for 10 years probably.

Yeah i know this will not happen but it would be some good buisness.

SambaBoy

:lol: What is the point in supporting United if you're happy to jettison two homegrown talents, especially one as special as Greenwood and just bring in 3 young and relatively unproven players with no affiliation to the club?

I've watched a lot of Fati for Barca and while he has talent, he has a lot to prove before anyone can claim he has been better than Martial or Rashford this season. Bojan came through La Masia and broke all the records for Barca and Spain and ended up playing for Stoke. Plus he is similar in style to Sancho so that front 3 could be better balanced anyway.
I agree. I feel most people just make assumptions based on a players age. He's 17 and starting for Barcelona and Spain so he's bound to be one of the best players in the world. They compare stats of players and that same age and use that as a yardstick. They think growth is linear.

I'm not saying Fati won't reach the very top of the game, and potential ballon d'or winner but there's no basis for him to be considered better than Greenwood, and no guarantee he will be a better long term option than Rashford.

Foxbatt

I read somewhere that his actual fee was 17million and it was the other fees that put off United. If it was the correct figure United should have paid for him no matter what they other fees were.

Matriac

I read somewhere that his actual fee was 17million and it was the other fees that put off United. If it was the correct figure United should have paid for him no matter what they other fees were.
There are many theories. Some say we turned them down because we wouldn't allow a 60m release clause, as an exit opportunity if they wanted later.

Others say his camp turned us down because they felt it was mostly Solskjær that wanted him, and in December/January there was no guarantee that Ole would he here after the summer. A new manager might not fancy Haaland in the same way and it could risk the development of his career (another reason they might have wanted that exit opportunity by release clause).

I'm sure either side were willing to fill their coffers.
But looking at it from Haaland and his family's side this was the best possible deal for them.
They got paid handsomely cause he was moving for a mere 20m release clause, so they got bonuses on the side to choose Dortmund. He gets to be the big man at a club that is always in the Champions League, and a dark horse candidate for a league title if one other team has a bad season.
Guaranteed development without having to fight for starting spot, with lots of other exciting youngsters next to him on the field.

When he's 22 he can move to basically any club in the world because the transfer will be simple, cheap all things considered and impossible for Dortmund to block. Him and his family can once again ask for outside bonuses due to no biddingwar on the fee to Dortmund.

By 22 if he continues on the same path he will be an established striker that can expect to start at any club that would want to bring him.

I would have loved if Haaland was already with us, but he has mapped out his career path excellently. I can only hope we will be in for him in two years.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich

This time next year
Benzema will be 33
Lewondowski will be 33
Aguero will be 33

Its possible he ends up at United but i wouldnt see us as one of the more likley unless one of our strikers left (and if other clubs cant afford the haaland buy out then they wont be able to afford a rashford or martial either)
Lewandowski just had the best season of his career. He is a top, top professional with a lifestyle that will allow him to play a few years longer than most players.
I think that he will be the next Ibra/Ronaldo and will at least play until he's 36.
So I would rule Bayern out, at least if Haaland moves in the next 2, 3 years. If he stays longer at Dortmund, Bayern will surely look at him as the successor for Lewy. But I highly doubt, that Haaland will still be in Dortmund in ~2024.

Real seems to be going all out for Mbappe next season. According to reports Mbappe already told PSG, that he wants to leave next summer. His contract expires in 2022, so there's a good chance, that Mbappe will go to Real next summer. I don't think that they are able to buy Haaland additionally.

If I had to guess...I think Haaland will move to the PL in 2022 or 2023.

There are many theories. Some say we turned them down because we wouldn't allow a 60m release clause, as an exit opportunity if they wanted later.

Others say his camp turned us down because they felt it was mostly Solskjær that wanted him, and in December/January there was no guarantee that Ole would he here after the summer. A new manager might not fancy Haaland in the same way and it could risk the development of his career (another reason they might have wanted that exit opportunity by release clause).

I'm sure either side were willing to fill their coffers.
But looking at it from Haaland and his family's side this was the best possible deal for them.
They got paid handsomely cause he was moving for a mere 20m release clause, so they got bonuses on the side to choose Dortmund. He gets to be the big man at a club that is always in the Champions League, and a dark horse candidate for a league title if one other team has a bad season.
Guaranteed development without having to fight for starting spot, with lots of other exciting youngsters next to him on the field.

When he's 22 he can move to basically any club in the world because the transfer will be simple, cheap all things considered and impossible for Dortmund to block. Him and his family can once again ask for outside bonuses due to no biddingwar on the fee to Dortmund.

By 22 if he continues on the same path he will be an established striker that can expect to start at any club that would want to bring him.

I would have loved if Haaland was already with us, but he has mapped out his career path excellently. I can only hope we will be in for him in two years.
Agreed, Haaland and his team have played a blinder in terms of maximising his potential on and off of the pitch.

James Peril

Don’t know what happened or if we were ever interested, but I think him being Norwegian counted against us this time. Solskjær is afraid of making Norwegian signings and looking like the fool he did at Cardiff, bringing in tons of crap players before relegating in the end.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Don’t know what happened or if we were ever interested, but I think him being Norwegian counted against us this time. Solskjær is afraid of making Norwegian signings and looking like the fool he did at Cardiff, bringing in tons of crap players before relegating in the end.
I very much doubt this was the case

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We tried to sign him, he just chose Dortmund. Going by his agnent/father, Ole was the one who pushed for the transfer .

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Crazy to think he could leave dortmund have a 5 year stint smashing it at another club and only be 25 after that. Sky really is the limit this kid.

Surely you are better than this? That’s a really poor piece of conjecture.

sp_107

I know he scored against PSG but wondering whats his record against big teams.

I hope he choose us next time as he looks like the perfect No-9.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
I know he scored against PSG but wondering whats his record against big teams.

I hope he choose us next time as he looks like the perfect No-9.
10 in 8 in the cl scored against psg napoli and the scouse iirc

sp_107

No, better. 10 goals in 8 games.
Wow, I think Riola used UTD's last December situation and probably convinced Haaland that even "Ole might not last long"

If we signed Bruno in last summer and won more matches we could have high chance of getting him in winter window just for 20M, its a great miss but i hope we can get him for 60-70M in near future.

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
I expect him, Camavinga and Mbappé will end up in Madrid over the course of the next two years. Trying to start the next decade of Real Madrid dominance.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I expect him, Camavinga and Mbappé will end up in Madrid over the course of the next two years. Trying to start the next decade of Real Madrid dominance.
With what money?

mu4c_20le

No way they are getting both him and Mbappe, probably just one of them + Mane/Salah.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

:lol: :lol:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Forget Sancho switch to a 352.

Go after this guy then we have two world class left footed strikers. 2 great right footed ones.

Haaland sends more shivers down my spine as a player than Sancho does.

Let Sancho come crawling after on a free transfer if he ever wants to.

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
With what money?
Haaland has a ~60M € release clause in 2022 if I recall correctly. Camavinga and Mbappé will probably amount to 200M €.

You think that type of investment is impossible for Real Madrid in 2021 and 2022?

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Haaland has a ~60M € release clause in 2022 if I recall correctly. Camavinga and Mbappé will probably amount to 200M €.

You think that type of investment is impossible for Real Madrid in 2021 and 2022?
I don't know what fees, commissions and wages will be involved with those players but as I said, three of the main targets in recent memory were Neymar, Pogba and Mbappe. In all those cases, Madrid were beaten for the signings with other clubs making better offers.

So what makes things so different for all those players now?

P0GBA

I would forget Sancho and make Dortmund an offer they can't refuse for Haaland and get Bale on loan. Bale will only play 20 games or so which will give Greenwood a chance to develop.