Erling Haaland | Dortmund player

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
I don't know what fees, commissions and wages will be involved with those players but as I said, three of the main targets in recent memory were Neymar, Pogba and Mbappe. In all those cases, Madrid were beaten for the signings with other clubs making better offers.

So what makes things so different for all those players now?
Josep Pedrerol, Flo's mouthpiece who has a reputation for being extremely well connected with the Real Madrid boss, is already talking about Mbappé's wish to join "only Real" in 2021. The interest in Camavinga is also well documented.

It's not a big leap to imagine that they'll find another 60M € under the sofa cushion for Haaland in 2022.

Handré1990

Josep Pedrerol, Flo's mouthpiece who has a reputation for being extremely well connected with the Real Madrid boss, is already talking about Mbappé's wish to join "only Real" in 2021. The interest in Camavinga is also well documented.

It's not a big leap to imagine that they'll find another 60M € under the sofa cushion for Haaland in 2022.
Would he dream of RM like the South Americans? No he would not. All things being equal, he’d choose England, I’m quite sure. Time will tell, but doesn’t Mbappe see himself the striker?

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
Would he dream of RM like the South Americans? No he would not. All things being equal, he’d choose England, I’m quite sure. Time will tell, but doesn’t Mbappe see himself the striker?
Ronaldo was also a striker in the second half of his career yet they still had more than enough space and goals for Benzema.

Also are we sure everything else will be equal? Im not saying it's impossible but if Mbappé and Camavinga are indeed Madrid bound the Premiere League teams will have to do a very good job to rival the Blanco's appeal on the pitch. A lot can happen until 2022 but City and especially Liverpool will have several world-class players on the wrong side of 30 by 2022.

A lot can happen until then, but if all things were indeed equal, as a young striker Real Madrid would be very high on my list of possible destinations after I established myself at Borussia Dortmund.

Renegade

Haaland seems like the ready Lewandowski replacement. I’d bet on Bayern or Man City being his next club when Aguero & Lewandowski move on.

Handré1990

Ronaldo was also a striker in the second half of his career yet they still had more than enough space and goals for Benzema.

Also are we sure everything else will be equal? Im not saying it's impossible but if Mbappé and Camavinga are indeed Madrid bound the Premiere League teams will have to do a very good job to rival the Blanco's appeal on the pitch. A lot can happen until 2022 but City and especially Liverpool will have several world-class players on the wrong side of 30 by 2022.

A lot can happen until then, but if all things were indeed equal, as a young striker Real Madrid would be very high on my list of possible destinations after I established myself at Borussia Dortmund.
No, we can’t know that. Perhaps I didn’t get my point across very well. I mean as a Norwegian myself I don’t think RM has more pull than the best English teams, or more pull than Bayern Munich for Haaland. It’s not like those SA players who all dream of Barca and RM. So I don’t think it’s as straight forward as you originally made out. It’s a cultural thing in addition to the football. Every Norwegian child speaks passable English, and German is still the most common third language in schools, he’ll have learned the language within a couple of years.

It’s very much an open discussion where he’ll end up next.

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
No, we can’t know that. Perhaps I didn’t get my point across very well. I mean as a Norwegian myself I don’t think RM has more pull than the best English teams, or more pull than Bayern Munich for Haaland. It’s not like those SA players who all dream of Barca and RM. So I don’t think it’s as straight forward as you originally made out. It’s a cultural thing in addition to the football. Every Norwegian child speaks passable English, and German is still the most common third language in schools, he’ll have learned the language within a couple of years.

It’s very much an open discussion where he’ll end up next.
I'm not saying it has a higher pull because of an emotional bond. I'm saying it has a higher pull if all things are equal because Real Madrid offers the best environment to dominate another decade of European football if they land these signings.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm not saying it has a higher pull because of an emotional bond. I'm saying it has a higher pull if all things are equal because Real Madrid offers the best environment to dominate another decade of European football if they land these signings.
I might be wrong but from what I've read I think Haaland's dream is to play in the Premier League. Also, knowing Florentino, he will avoid players who have problematic agents and/or require excessive commissions (Raiola, Mendes etc). He seems to be looking for more engaged kind of profiles instead.

Vargo Hoat

Supports
Union Berlin
These are the strikers Haaland currently regards as better than himself. Partly through merit, and partly through the fact that they are all really good strikers.

I'm sure one of those names in particular will spark some debate around here!
  • Cristiano Ronaldo
  • Robert Lewandowski
  • Sergio Agüero
  • Roberto Firmino
  • Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
  • Harry Kane
  • Timo Werner
From Norwegian newspaper VG's podcast "Top 3"
Source: https://www.vgtv.no/205991

Halftrack

He also gave his reasons for giving short answers in pressers: Where he's from, they keep it short and to the point. If he's asked a question that can be sufficiently answered with yes or no, he'll give you a yes or a no. It's not meant as a critique of bad questions, or intended to show annoyance. If you want longer answers out of him, don't ask him yes/no questions.

That said, the people who took issue with it are melts.

TommiHelm

Two class goals, and an unselfish assist when he could have just scored his hat trick there at the end. Before all the haters come and say : "It's only Freiburg, anyone would score those, shit defending, etc..." - There, I already said it, so now you don't have to. :p

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Two class goals, and an unselfish assist when he could have just scored his hat trick there at the end. Before all the haters come and say : "It's only Freiburg, anyone would score those, shit defending, etc..." - There, I already said it, so now you don't have to. :p
Not something you can really level at him after the goal and assist vs bayern the other day, seems regardless of the opposition this lad just scores

Dr. StrangeHate

We should spend that money on acquiring Dortmund's scouting network and sporting director. The gems they uncover is simply amazing.
We identified Haaland, Sancho and Jude just like them. We just don't give into agents demands and I used to think rightly so. I am not 100% sure now.

Last edited:

Holters

Has to be said, the Freiburg defending is absolutely atrocious.
How do you defend against a player like Håland? His movement is amazing, he has great pace, he is incredibly strong and he is such a clinical finisher. That combination makes defenses look atrocious. It's not like he only does it against the Freiburgs.