Erling Haaland | Dortmund player

Jaxa

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
I think i'd stop watching football if this happened, i don't even want to think what he'd be like under Klopp, couple o' fecking maniacs , they'd be headbutting each other every time he scores in celebration.
They are both nuts but from a Liverpool perspective, he fits everything that FSG aim for. He's young, ridiculously talented and would fit into our system with ease. The only sticking point could be the price but FSG have shown that they're not afraid to spend money on the right player

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Future front three:
Jota Haaland Sancho?

Is it as good as Mane Firmino Salah?

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Hasn't he got a fair release clause? I think Liverpool will be able to find the money if he wants to join them.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Hasn't he got a fair release clause? I think Liverpool will be able to find the money if he wants to join them.
I think the agent fees are going to be absolutely crazy because even the bottom half of the PL could afford his transfer fee.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I think the agent fees are going to be absolutely crazy because even the bottom half of the PL could afford his transfer fee.
Probably but anyone who can land would be mad not to. Liverpool have always had a knack of landing good strikers. Now that they are back to being the best in Britain I think they'll get him.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
They have spent £60m in 2 years. Klopp even came out and said a few months ago that they can’t afford to spend a lot on players.

Besides, what makes you think both Haaland and Sancho will go to Liverpool when every top club in the world will be chasing them.
Due to Covid, we have tightened the purse strings but it doesn't mean the money isn't there. We showed by signing VVD and Alisson that we aren't afraid to spend money when we feel the value is there.
Our owners aren't about saving money, they're about finding value. If you can buy something in Waitrose for £50 but can get practically the same thing in Aldi for £20, you'd go to Aldi.
We spend money on players but we don't overspend and if the price isn't right, then we won't do it as we showed with Werner.
To answer your question about why he'd come to Anfield... right now, why wouldn't he? Footballers don't look at things the same way fans do. They'll look at the management, opportunity to play and opportunity to win trophies. As it stands right now, Liverpool are in as strong a position as anyone else to sign the best players.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Due to Covid, we have tightened the purse strings but it doesn't mean the money isn't there. We showed by signing VVD and Alisson that we aren't afraid to spend money when we feel the value is there.
Our owners aren't about saving money, they're about finding value. If you can buy something in Waitrose for £50 but can get practically the same thing in Aldi for £20, you'd go to Aldi.
We spend money on players but we don't overspend and if the price isn't right, then we won't do it as we showed with Werner.
To answer your question about why he'd come to Anfield... right now, why wouldn't he? Footballers don't look at things the same way fans do. They'll look at the management, opportunity to play and opportunity to win trophies. As it stands right now, Liverpool are in as strong a position as anyone else to sign the best players.
Agreed, Liverpool is slowly becoming one of the most attractive destinations. There's stability with Klopp and a real sense of development with players. The English league is becoming more and more attractive since their biggest competition was La Liga and with the departure of CR7 and soon Messi, it doesn't have the same luster it once had, not to mention how unstable the head coaching jobs are for Real/Barca.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Agreed, Liverpool is slowly becoming one of the most attractive destinations. There's stability with Klopp and a real sense of development with players. The English league is becoming more and more attractive since their biggest competition was La Liga and with the departure of CR7 and soon Messi, it doesn't have the same luster it once had, not to mention how unstable the head coaching jobs are for Real/Barca.
Exactly. The league is attractive but as hard as it may be for some to accept on here, so is Liverpool. We have one of, if not, the best manager in the game. We are winning the big trophies again and we play an attractive style of football.
Utd are still a huge draw for players but they aren't the pinnacle of English football right now and players will have that in mind.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I wonder what makes you think that will be the case. If I am Haaland I will fire the agent and pocket the crazy agent fee myself. The signing on fee will be massive that is for sure.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Liverpool spent big money on VVD, Keita and Allison and have seemed to tighten the purse strings since, considering the majority of that money was from Coutinho as well. They aren't gonna profit from a sale like that anytime soon either.

The fact is though, Liverpool can't pay the wages that other big clubs can pay. They will more than likely be priced out of the market when in an actual bidding war, all of their big signings the last few years have came with little competition. If a few of either Real, Barca, Bayern, Juve, City, PSG and Man United target Haaland or Sancho then it is going to be tough for Liverpool to sign them.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool spent big money on VVD, Keita and Allison and have seemed to tighten the purse strings since, considering the majority of that money was from Coutinho as well. They aren't gonna profit from a sale like that anytime soon either.

The fact is though, Liverpool can't pay the wages that other big clubs can pay. They will more than likely be priced out of the market when in an actual bidding war, all of their big signings the last few years have came with little competition. If a few of either Real, Barca, Bayern, Juve, City, PSG and Man United target Haaland or Sancho then it is going to be tough for Liverpool to sign them.
Yeah it'll be tough but not the impossibility that you're making it out to be. We are an attractive proposition for any player right now and Klopp is massive in that regard. No matter what you think of Klopp or Liverpool themselves, we are currently a club that players want to be at.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Perfect canadidate for Real Madrid as Benzema replacement in 2022, by the time Benzema will be 34. Benzema's contract expires in 2022 as well. It aligns perfectly.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Too much ignorance in here. Sancho-Haaland-Greenwood Here we go.

Statue of Limitations

When it comes time for him to move the landscape here could be very different, who knows which teams will be more attractive than others when his feet get itchy.

A lot can happen in 2 years.

He could well be our next legend, if he continues to be this good his release clause is a joke, and pay whatever agent fees to get it done.

According to Salzburgs Sporting Director, Haaland will "land" at Anfield. No idea whether it will happen or not but he'd be immense for us.
www.talksport.com/football/784030/haaland-liverpool-man-united-rb-salzburg/amp/
Predictions of what might happen in 2 years are beyond stupid. Who knows if Klopp is still managing Liverpool or if Barca get a new president and become the big pull again and want him.
So much can happen in two years, hell United might even appoint a capable manager.

GameOn

Predictions of what might happen in 2 years are beyond stupid. Who knows if Klopp is still managing Liverpool or if Barca get a new president and become the big pull again and want him.
So much can happen in two years, hell United might even appoint a capable manager.
Isn't Barca about to go bankrupt?

GameOn

Half of the World might be bankrupt in 2 years at this rate
Most clubs can somehow get through, yet in their case it's looking really bad.

Barca's board has been a desaster this past decade.

They've almost ruined this club, by spending way too much money on the wrong players and having the most insane wage structure out of any top club.

Most clubs can somehow get through, yet in their case it's looking really bad.

Barca's board has been a desaster this past decade.

They've almost ruined this club, by spending way too much money on the wrong players and having the most insane wage structure out of any top club.
And then forcing their highest paid player to stay against his will, fecking morons.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Perfect canadidate for Real Madrid as Benzema replacement in 2022, by the time Benzema will be 34. Benzema's contract expires in 2022 as well. It aligns perfectly.
The question is whether they'll have enough money left over to get him from the competition after Mbappe, who is the main priority for them. If they managed to get both, the future is going to be rough for the rest of Europe.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
The question is whether they'll have enough money left over to get him from the competition after Mbappe, who is the main priority for them. If they managed to get both, the future is going to be rough for the rest of Europe.
How would they line up with both of them? Mbappe outwide and Haaland central?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
How would they line up with both of them? Mbappe outwide and Haaland central?
Pretty much, Mbappe coming from the left and Haaland central, they would be devastating together.

GameOn

At this point I'm wondering if Real will really get Mbappe next summer though. I don't think that's a given yet.

Sure, they tried to prepare everything for it this summer, but now it's looking like the entire season will be played without fans. That's a huge financial blow, even for a club like Madrid. I doubt they can pay up 200+ million just like that next summer.

Last week there were also rumors, that PSG has made extending Mbappe their top priority (way more important than keeping Neymar) and that Mbappe was in talks with their board.

Last edited:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
At this point I'm wondering if Real will really get Mbappe next summer though. I don't think that's a given yet.

Sure, they tried to prepare everything for it this summer, but now it's looking like the entire season will be played without fans. That's a huge financial blow, even for a club like Madrid. I doubt they can pay up 200+ million just like that next summer.

Last week there were also rumors, that PSG has made extending Mbappe their top priority (way more important than keeping Neymar) and that Mbappe was in talks with their board.
Yeah, it's definitely a priority for PSG to get Mbappe back, but there's no way I can see him signing an extension with PSG. He has his career pretty mapped out, and the next step is Madrid I believe, although the premier league has to be pretty attractive too. It's also possible that PSG dig their heels in and refuse any offer and have him run out his contract if he refuses an extension, but I'd be shocked if Mbappe is still at PSG past the summer of 2022, Real Madrid will have figured something out by then.

RooneyLegend

They are both nuts but from a Liverpool perspective, he fits everything that FSG aim for. He's young, ridiculously talented and would fit into our system with ease. The only sticking point could be the price but FSG have shown that they're not afraid to spend money on the right player
How would he fit your system with ease? Last I checked there's no out and out striker in the Liverpool system.

GMoore23

How would he fit your system with ease? Last I checked there's no out and out striker in the Liverpool system.
To be honest, I don't think system matters to Haaland. Just pass the ball to him and he'll put in in the net. Easiest team talk ever. I hope we break the bank for him and I don't care if we sign nobody else, the guys that good. He's seems a real cnut too which I like in a player. He could be our new Van Nistelooy.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I reckon Haaland will move in the next 24 months and will move to England. I personally do not see him staying in Germany (i.e. Bayern; surely Dortmund said the his clause would excuse another German team?) Or Spain, as being Nordic and having some experience of living in England, it should be his best bet. Further, his playing style is suited to Northern European football.

When he does leave Dortmund, I reckon every club will make a play. This is how I see it:

Liverpool - I do not actually see him going here. Reason for this is Klopp and their squad make up and their style. First, I reckon Klopp will only stay with the Dippers for another 2-3 years. He doesn't strike me as someone who will stay at Liverpool for another 5+ years. This will mean they go through a transitional period. Further, their squad make up means they are in their peak as of now. In two years time, they will be at the tail end of this or past it (Mane, Firmino, Salah, Henderson, Thiago, VVD, Alisson, Fabinho) will all be 30+. Ok, Jota is looking promising but they will need a serious overhaul at the end of 2022/23 season. Further, they have a very fluid system which isn't really his style as wants to essentially stay in a No.9 role the whole time. Personally, unless Klopp stays and they pull another three Jota's out of the hat (and he can continue on his current trajectory) I do not see him going there.

Man City - They have similar problems in the management department and squad demographics. However, they do have owners that can blow everyone out of the water and will spend to overhaul the squad to a significant level. Further, his father played here so he has some attachment to the club. I would have them as favourites unless something drastic happens in the next 18-24 months.

Man Utd - Lets be honest, the club must look like a bit of a basket case to everyone on the outside. Further, his fat cnut agent isn't exactly the fondest of the club and if CL isn't secured next year the club could get a yo-yo reputation for being in and out of the CL. If finances/building his brand is his biggest objective then sure it may happen, however of the Top 4, I would have Utd last, especially as the club needs to overhaul defence and midfield before it gets to the forward line.

Chelsea - Personally, I have them second after City but it will depend on how they develop over the course of the next 18-24 months. By 2022, they could very well have the best squad in regards to age demographics and balance as by this stage their squad will read: Chilwell - 26, James - 22, Pulisic - 23, Werner - 26, Mount - 23 Harvetz - 23, CHO - 22, Zouma - 27/28. In my opinion, they will also add Rice in the next 12 months, who will only be 24 in 2022. This is also before they get to Amapdu (who has been very good for Sheffield Utd this season - 23 in 2022), Gallagher - 22 in 2022, Gilmour - 21 in 2022 and Sarr - 23 in 2022. The only players in the first XI who would be getting to the wrong side of 30 would be Ziyech - 29 in 2022 and Mendy - 30 in 2022. Their squad filler will also be something like - Abraham - 25 in 2022, Azpi - 33 in 2022, Tomori - 25 in 2022. For me, unless they go off the rails in terms of development (or Abraham becomes a world beater), they would probably be his best fit. However, I think City would still be his preference.

Tottenham - Cannot see them competing with the above four owing to their lack of trophies. I can see them winning a few things in the next two years, as it is what Jose does, however I do not think it will be enough and at best they would appear a sideways step from Dortmund.

Le Arse - Have the worst age demographics of all the six sides listed. Cannot see them being a serious contender.

Matriac

I wonder what makes you think that will be the case. If I am Haaland I will fire the agent and pocket the crazy agent fee myself. The signing on fee will be massive that is for sure.
"Agent" fees rarely go to the agent alone. Usually split in some way between the player/players family and the agent.
Great agents manage to negotiate larger fees, so the player ends up getting more money via fee and salary than if they negotiated it themselves.

In this case I would also expect that since Raiola successfully input a release clause in the contract with the club, he likely has a separate contract with the player that he will get a percentage of the future fee no matter if he's part of negotiations of his next transfer or not.

lysglimt

Scout
I wonder how many players before him in history who have managed to reach 100 careergoals (including internationals) before 20.5 years old.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
You misspelled Bayern and Lewandowski.