Nordic Goal Yeti | Haaland at City

Chief123

What’s scary is his goals are actually being limited by Pep bringing him off in games when the game is won. He brought him off in the West Ham game I think where he scored 2 goals and could have had another hat trick if he stayed on.

I genuinely think he’ll be the first player ever to score 2 hat tricks in one game. With the amount of chances City create, he can do it.

Waynne

Has class technical midfielders around him that can serve it up on a platter time and time again.

Helps that his movement is also so very good. Can just see his constantly on the move, shuffling about, evaluating options when they're in possession. Gets back to defend.

Class player in a very good system.

rainey

Supports
DZG
In the French League though. That's the thing. KDB in your team and in that league would be scary. It would almost be unfair. He does it week in week out in the PL. The level here is much much higher mate.

Messi probably is better than Ronaldo currently too but then he is 2 years younger too and playing in a much easier league where there is only really one good side. Ronaldo may have just about got away with another full season had he joined you lot. His legs can't handle the PL though. Not anymore.
It's not like that same Ronaldo scored what, 18 goals in 30 games last season at age 36. "Legs can't handle the PL". Riiiight. It's called having no preseason and being a wanker on the run. You think that this version of Ronaldo would be any good to any team in the top 7 leagues? It's not about "Prem supreme", it's about a busted individual with no motivation.

If anything, this run of form from Halaand shows how easy it can be to settle into this league.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
In the French League though. That's the thing. KDB in your team and in that league would be scary. It would almost be unfair. He does it week in week out in the PL. The level here is much much higher mate.

Messi probably is better than Ronaldo currently too but then he is 2 years younger too and playing in a much easier league where there is only really one good side. Ronaldo may have just about got away with another full season had he joined you lot. His legs can't handle the PL though. Not anymore.
It's not any different for those players, people were saying the exact same thing about Haaland prior to his City move. It's childish to think that way.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
What hurts most is he could have been playing for us. However he wouldn’t get the same sort of clinical service.

Waynne

What hurts most is he could have been playing for us. However he wouldn’t get the same sort of clinical service.
He'd be worse off playing for us.

I'd hate to see that type of a players career regress. I mean we managed to make Ronaldo look like shite.

croadyman

If Butt is responsible for this feck up then no wonder he has left the club, clearly didn't want to see him ripping us to pieces so walked away

croadyman

Yeah that's down to someone in our scouting team who turned down opportunity to sign him at Molde. Could have signed for absolute peanuts but no our clueless clowns were blind to talent.

FattyFooty

Read my second sentence. He's a great finisher. Let me ask you something - how much do you think Haaland has changed in these 2 months that he's been in the Premiership? Do you really think he made some crazy leap from being an excellent finisher (with world class potential) to being the best player on the planet; or are you, along with millions of Premiership fans, just wallowing in recency bias cause the man is doing exactly the same job he did in Dortmund, just 700km closer and at a shinier stage?
Ok.

croadyman

Someone at this club knows it's on them, really hope they are hanging their head in shame

Dingo

Supports
Haaland
Read my second sentence. He's a great finisher. Let me ask you something - how much do you think Haaland has changed in these 2 months that he's been in the Premiership? Do you really think he made some crazy leap from being an excellent finisher (with world class potential) to being the best player on the planet; or are you, along with millions of Premiership fans, just wallowing in recency bias cause the man is doing exactly the same job he did in Dortmund, just 700km closer and at a shinier stage?
He’s a year older going along with 100% health compared to an injury interrupted season last year. He’s definitely improved.

don’t think it’s a stretch to suggest a 21 year old will improve playing for a superstar coach and a superstar team.

Last edited:

Swordsman

Has class technical midfielders around him that can serve it up on a platter time and time again.

Helps that his movement is also so very good. Can just see his constantly on the move, shuffling about, evaluating options when they're in possession. Gets back to defend.

Class player in a very good system.
so he will fail badly at united ?

Swordsman

Does he make passes/assist like he did last night when he was at Dortmund and Norway ?

mshnsh

Haaland may well go on to become the outright greatest goalscorer in history. The second coming of Gerd Muller. His goalscoring talent is undeniable. But his lack of ability in other areas means there will always be a few who will be considered better footballers.

Ofcourse in a perfect team, like City under Guardiola, he is thriving but should he play for a team that requires him to do more, he would definitely find it much tougher and may even struggle.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We used to have number 9s like him. Now it is city who have them while we have no strikers.
Why didn't our scouting clowns listen to Ole and boy is he making us regret that stupid decision
Dortmund chief Hans-Joachim Watzke, speaking just two weeks ago, confirmed what sources had indicated two years back. "We gave Erling Haaland a release clause, otherwise he would have gone to Manchester United," Watzke said.

You buy him for 20 mil, have him 3 years and then he will maybe stay and maybe not. If not, you get 60 mil for him.
But noooooooo, we are big Man Utd. We don't put release clauses in contract. We have our dignity.
And the sad part; if we signed him then, he would maybe leave this summer but not in City.
Our worst transfer call ever. We missed on a player and he ended in biggest rival.

arnie_ni

Dortmund chief Hans-Joachim Watzke, speaking just two weeks ago, confirmed what sources had indicated two years back. "We gave Erling Haaland a release clause, otherwise he would have gone to Manchester United," Watzke said.

You buy him for 20 mil, have him 3 years and then he will maybe stay and maybe not. If not, you get 60 mil for him.
But noooooooo, we are big Man Utd. We don't put release clauses in contract. We have our dignity.
And the sad part; if we signed him then, he would maybe leave this summer but not in City.
Our worst transfer call ever. We missed on a player and he ended in biggest rival.
The last part is pivotal. He wouldn't have been at city if we signed him

Giggsyking

Jammy knees is often the cause of injury because our knees were meant to support us on four limbs. Our body has not caught up in evolution terms. But Haaland does not have the musculature that R9 had around his legs. Haaland does not seem to be the type of player to get injured, or maybe he has just been lucky since joining City.
He had 3 long injuries last season with BVB, with his body type and wight it is almost impossible to avoid muscular injuries. City are lucky Norway is not playing in the World Cup and he will be home chilling.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It's not any different for those players, people were saying the exact same thing about Haaland prior to his City move. It's childish to think that way.
Haaland is an incredible player playing in the best coached team in the world. He wouldn't have struggled to fit in with any PL side really as he's just that good but in that city side he was always going to be a monster.

Vapor trail

Haaland is an exception of the last few years how many players have successfully made an immediate impact coming from the Bundesliga into the premier league ?

Even more recently the likes of Ndombele who had some fantastic performances in the UCL for Lyon fell apart at Spurs. I think Haalands movement is what will allow him to excel irrespective of whatever domestic league he's in. I would take KDB over Neymar and Messi without hesitation. He not only plays at a higher level more consistently but performs. He's city's most influential player since Pep has taken over.

Spoony

The People's President
He's probably the most one dimensional 'great' player of all time. I've no doubts he'd have been a failure at United due to his limitations.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
He's probably the most one dimensional 'great' player of all time. I've no doubts he'd have been a failure at United due to his limitations.
What limitations does he have?

He's good on the ball, strong, quick, reads the game, timing of runs is exceptional, deadly finishing, can hold the ball up, can lay the ball off brilliantly, works hard,

What limitations are you seeing?

Thunderhead

Supports
City
just noticed, he's now got 82.1% ownership in FFL, that's surely some kind of record.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
just noticed, he's now got 82.1% ownership in FFL, that's surely some kind of record.
It feels like you can forget about FPL for a week this season but as long as you have Jesus and Haaland as captain it doesn't matter. :lol:

Skills

Snitch
Would've been hounded out because he doesn't press like Kante and doesn't link up play like Ibrahimovic.

Our fans would've been looking across the road as Guardiola would've continued to use a false 9 and still be successful - and then come to the conclusion, you can't succeed without a false 9 type of striker.

matsdf

He has 21 in 23 for Norway, a team even more dysfunctional than United. Sure. He would probably not have 17 in 11 for United, but he would still be bagging goals at a very good rate.

troylocker

Does he make passes/assist like he did last night when he was at Dortmund and Norway ?
Yes, he does. Quick 1-2s, squaring it to better placed teammates, crossing it and the occasional threaded through ball.
He's made 33 assists since he exploded at Salzburg at the start of the 19/20 season and has had an assistratio of 0,31 assists per 90 minutes.

The other really good #9s out there:
Harry "when passing becomes art" Kane had an assistratio of 0,22 assists per 90 minutes (30 assists) in the same period.
Karim "Soon to become B d'or winner" Benzema had an assistratio of 0,26 assists per 90 minutes (36 assists) in the same period.
Rob "should have won the B d'or" Lewandowski had an assistratio of 0,21 assists per 90 minutes (28 assists) in the same period.
CR7 had an assistratio of 0,11 assists per 90 minutes (14 assists) in the same period.
Mo Salah had an assistratio of 0,27 assists per 90 minutes (39 assists) in the same period.

The assistkings in the same period:
Mbappe is on 0,44 assists per 90 minutes
Messi is on 0,48
KDB is on 0,53
Muller is on 0,61

He is definitely more than just a goalscorer. He is extremely direct in his style and doesn't need many involvement to have massive impact

Gumshoe

Supports
Avro FC
What’s scary is his goals are actually being limited by Pep bringing him off in games when the game is won. He brought him off in the West Ham game I think where he scored 2 goals and could have had another hat trick if he stayed on.

I genuinely think he’ll be the first player ever to score 2 hat tricks in one game. With the amount of chances City create, he can do it.
A fair few players have already scored multiple hat tricks in one game. Frankie Bunn did it many years ago for Oldham.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...goals_in_an_association_football_game#England

Skills

Snitch
He has 21 in 23 for Norway, a team even more dysfunctional than United. Sure. He would probably not have 17 in 11 for United, but he would still be bagging goals at a very good rate.
It wouldn't have mattered because we would still be a poor team. And just because of that he would've been a 'problem'. The caf would've wanted to straight swap him for Jesus

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He’s made it boring IMO.

Who is actively playing it and doesn’t have him as captain?