Nordic Goal Yeti | Haaland at City

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Try watching the entire penalty sequence.

I’ve probably seen all his goals in senior football and the only times he reacts towards opponents is when they’ve provoked him earlier. You seem to be okay with opponents winding him up but if he fires back he’s a dick. That’s the weird hill to die on.
The way those Sevilla players go after him is funny as feck.
Also he put it in the same spot as before, a cocky guy.

NotThatSoph

It's pretty funny how it's fine to call other people whores, threaten to break their legs etc., but don't you dare telling people about it after the match while laughing. That makes you the bad guy.

Football fans and footballers are so weird. Guy tried to unsettle another player. It didn't work, and now he's getting ridiculed. If it's so hurtful that people know what you're saying on the field, why not shut the feck up.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
It's pretty funny how it's fine to call other people whores, threaten to break their legs etc., but don't you dare telling people about it after the match while laughing. That makes you the bad guy.

Football fans and footballers are so weird. Guy tried to unsettle another player. It didn't work, and now he's getting ridiculed. If it's so hurtful that people know what you're saying on the field, why not shut the feck up.
It's just trash talk, no need to take it seriously.
But yeah him crying about afterwards is dumb.

NotThatSoph

It's just trash talk, no need to take it seriously.
But yeah him crying about afterwards is dumb.
I don't think anyone is taking it seriously, except all the people taking Haaland "squealing" seriously. People are mostly laughing or rolling their eyes at Milosevic. His comments about language makes it even funnier, he's either the worst liar or rather simple.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I don't think anyone is taking it seriously, except all the people taking Haaland "squealing" seriously. People are mostly laughing or rolling their eyes at Milosevic. His comments about language makes it even funnier, he's either the worst liar or rather simple.
Probably both.

Andersonson

Dunno why you bring homophobia into this. None of the (alleged) insults were homophobic.
There have been homophobia , racial and threatning talks onfield many times, and the more the players are fighting it, the better.

When the Swede threatened Haaland with breaking his legs, he should be able to tell it to the public. Same goes for Racial or Homophobic slurs being thrown around.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Literally nobody has claimed that what Haaland has said was in any way hurtful :confused:

The one and only criticism is that it makes Haaland seem like a dick to choose to bring such petty nonsense to the attention of the world.

copen1945

I am sure he will be compensated with even more oil money for his crying and indignation. He is getting the moniker 'City' mentioned and increasing the brand value. The metrics for his image rights must have gone up, and UAE should be happy.

Eriku

Literally nobody has claimed that what Haaland has said was in any way hurtful :confused:

The one and only criticism is that it makes Haaland seem like a dick to choose to bring such petty nonsense to the attention of the world.
He was asked directly, why do you keep painting it like he’s made a big deal of it?

And you were given video evidence that Haaland didn’t just randomly shout a guy in the face, but you seem incapable of revising your rash take.

I am sure he will be compensated with even more oil money for his crying and indignation. He is getting the moniker 'City' mentioned and increasing the brand value. The metrics for his image rights must have gone up, and UAE should be happy.
Stop making shit up, Haaland was in no way crying or indignant, he just simply responded to a question.

He’s literally giggling that he scored right after that interaction.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He was asked directly, why do you keep painting it like he’s made a big deal of it?

And you were given video evidence that Haaland didn’t just randomly shout a guy in the face, but you seem incapable of revising your rash take.
That question could do easily have been handled without coming across as a dick. “He had a few things to say to me but fortunately I had the last laugh” or any other variant of the way in which any other footballer would answer a similar question. We’ve seen it loads of times before. There was no need to attribute such specific quotes to a fellow pro. What happens on the field, stays on the field and all that.

It’s not a big deal at all (unless you’re triggered by any and all criticism of the golden boy) but it does make him come across as a bit of a twat.

Eriku

That question could do easily have been handled without coming across as a dick. “He had a few things to say to me but fortunately I had the last laugh” or any other variant of the way in which any other footballer would answer a similar question. We’ve seen it loads of times before. There was no need to attribute such specific quotes to a fellow pro. What happens on the field, stays on the field and all that.

It’s not a big deal at all (unless you’re triggered by any and all criticism of the golden boy) but it does make him come across as a bit of a twat.
I said that you made it seem like HE made a big deal of it, but maybe that’s just ambiguous phrasing. Saying he chose to bring it to the attention of the world rather than just reflexively answering a question. He also made fun of Italians diving in the interview. Clearly he’s more loose than most players and their coached responses.

I also find it telling that you won’t even acknowledge your over-eagerness in calling him a twat over the goalie incident.

SirAF

Ageist

Norwegians have a thing for Noggies making it big in another country, always been that way :p

Eriku

Norwegians have a thing for Noggies making it big in another country, always been that way :p
The Caf knows. Hence why any Noggie sticking up for Ole was told "you would say that, being Norwegian!", as if any and every Norwegian gets reflexively defensive and any argument can be dismissed.

SirAF

Ageist
The Caf knows. Hence why any Noggie sticking up for Ole was told "you would say that, being Norwegian!", as if any and every Norwegian gets reflexively defensive and any argument can be dismissed.
Not going down that road, but listening to Norwegian United fans defending OGS constantly fecking did my head in. Not as much here on the Caf but in general. It was pretty pathetic to be honest. Posts/comments in relation to the scandi supporter's club were in particular grating.

Eriku

Not going down that road, but listening to Norwegian United fans defending OGS constantly fecking did my head in. Not as much here on the Caf but in general. It was pretty pathetic to be honest. Posts/comments in relation to the scandi supporter's club were in particular grating.
Oh yeah, not saying Norwegians don’t white knight virtually anything Norwegian. I just hate being tarred with that brush. I’m probably one of the Norwegians who’s the least eager to defend Norway :lol: I muted the Scandi club too. So many stupid takes.

Last edited:

SirAF

Ageist
Oh yeah, not saying Norwegians don’t white knight virtually anything Norwegians. I just hate being tarred with that brush. I’m probably one of the Norwegians who’s the least eager to defend Norway :lol: I muted the Scandi club too. So many stupid takes.
Yeah, that's fair enough.

Ideally I'd cancel my membership, but I've been a member there for 24 years and kind of want to keep the streak going :lol:

Wilt

”He should just have passed the ball to me…. I would have scored” :lol:

Haaland being chased after he scored the pen :lol:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Caf boomers need to look away:

Sweden manager condemns Milosevic's words to Haaland: "What has been said in this context is not okay. Alexander Milosevic is doing well, there is nothing wrong with his values. But in this case, the language was not good. I was clear about that and he himself fully understood that" says Janne Andersson.

AlexiV

Supports
FCB
What happens on the field, stays on the field and all that.
Times have changed, speaking up about unacceptable behaviour in a professional relationship is widely encouraged now. In this case the defender threatening to break his feet is unacceptable behaviour and Haaland telling what happened in the press doesn't make him a twat in my opinion.

erikcred

If you ignore Boateng, Sane and De Jong all leaving, (all 3 in cut price deals I might add), just last season Bernardo Silva asking to leave for Atletico who couldn't stump up the cash, along with Laporte wanting out. Not to mention Sterling is in the papers about leaving every 3 days and clearly running his contract down for a big move.

Aguero was also open to joining Barca according to Zubizareta but when City wouldn't budge on price Barca went for Suarez instead. That forward line could have very easily being MAN instead of MSN.

I said world class and you come back with pre-Bayern-Boateng, Sane and De Jong?! The fact that these are the top names that come to your mind actually supports my point.

As for the rest, you're again providing evidence that no club has seriously tried to take world class players off City? Guess we're in agreement then.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I said world class and you come back with pre-Bayern-Boateng, Sane and De Jong?! The fact that these are the top names that come to your mind actually supports my point.

As for the rest, you're again providing evidence that no club has seriously tried to take world class players off City? Guess we're in agreement then.
It was clearly obvious Boateng was going to be one of the best defenders in the world. Also Sane was rated as one of the best wingers in the world when he left City.

But OK lets do this, how many world class players left United? Ronaldo? Who else forced their way out? Because all the others that left were either deemed not good enough or fell out with Sir Alex?

I just told you Barca came for Aguero but couldn't afford him. It was nothing to do with him wanting to go or stay, it was to do with them not stumping up the transfer fee when Suarez was £40,000,001.
Where would KDB or Silva go, a Barca team to play with fecking Braithwaite? Because I'd really like to know a genuine option that could afford them. Bayern only buy players they can get on the cheap (like Sane). Real had Kross, Modric and Casemiro and well of the other top clubs, you guys are kinda shite.
Maybe players are happy at a club where they are winning and being paid really well?

Last edited:

Nero

When we will move past the stage of bumping his thread every time he scores a goal. Been going on for about three years now. It's redundant.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Countless times, my arse. “Football banter” is for dickheads only. So QED.

Anyway, I don’t know why any of this matters. He’s a known dickhead, with previous for being a prick. That time he screamed in the keepers face after scoring a penalty, for example. But that’s ok. He can be a bell end and very good at football. It’s that latter bit that matters. Why choose to die on the hill of him not being a dick?!
You do know that the keeper screamed in his face in the sequence right before?

It wasnt some unprovoked dickhead move. Tit for tat.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
When we will move past the stage of bumping his thread every time he scores a goal. Been going on for about three years now. It's redundant.

I think people just like talking about football players who does exeptional things

Charles Miller

When Ronaldo Nazario arrived(pre injuries) he looked like someone coming from the future Now we see many players, not exactly with his skill set, but with his power and accelaration. I wonder if Haaland is a prototype of the type of players we'll see 10 years in the future.

BarstoolProphet

When Ronaldo Nazario arrived(pre injuries) he looked like someone coming from the future Now we see many players, not exactly with his skill set, but with his power and accelaration. I wonder if Haaland is a prototype of the type of players we'll see 10 years in the future.
Really hard to tell, though. I don't think there has been anyone like Brazilian Ronaldo, with his skill (especially at full speed), strength and speed since.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Most promising striker so in the end, the money wont matter to City. He will do very well I assume, unfortunately.