Erling Haaland | Man City watch

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
He will be absolutely ridiculous at City.

I’m also afraid he will smash the league goals record.
I agree with you (although I don't have a horse in the race so I'm not scared :lol:actually looking forward to seeing what he's actually capable of) but this is a great opportunity for the footballing gods to once again prove how little I know and for him to flop massively.

Probably the most interesting part of next season for me.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
It’s his goalscoring record everywhere he’s been. Even for Norway is near a goal per game. At a club who create multiple chances, it’s a frightening thought.

Replacing Gabriel Jesus with Haaland is incredible business.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I'm afraid you're wrong on this one, buddy. Haaland is already a better golascorer than peak Aguero, he'll hit the ground running here like he's done at every other stop he's made so far. He'll only get better as well. I'm putting money on him hitting 30+ in the PL and becomes topscorer in the CL next season. The only thing that can stop him is injuries.... at 16 to 1 the bookies will lose money.
He is not proven to be as good a goal scorer as Aguero in a top league yet (Germany is not a top league in my opinion). Let's wait and see how it goes, he doesn't walk on water you know. Personally I think he will do well but nowhere near as good as some people predict because I don't see him as having the required skill set (yet) that Pep will want from his striker - look at how he changed Aguero's game, this is what I expect to happen to Haaland so there will be a period of transition.

arthurka

I have a feeling he will struggle in the PL he is pretty good but he has benefitted from brut strength and I think he won't find it as easy in the PL due to the physicality of the league. But who knows.

Trezeguet17

I have a feeling he will struggle in the PL he is pretty good but he has benefitted from brut strength and I think he won't find it as easy in the PL due to the physicality of the league. But who knows.
This is why he is born to play in the PL.

He is not proven to be as good a goal scorer as Aguero in a top league yet (Germany is not a top league in my opinion). Let's wait and see how it goes, he doesn't walk on water you know. Personally I think he will do well but nowhere near as good as some people predict because I don't see him as having the required skill set (yet) that Pep will want from his striker - look at how he changed Aguero's game, this is what I expect to happen to Haaland so there will be a period of transition.
Look up his record in the CL then.

Haaland to City is the most annoying transfer ever for me. And we are not even contending with City. Can’t imagine how the Liverpool fans must feel about that transfer

Tom Cato

Pep stated in a interview that Manchester City will setup to play to Haalands strenghts and not the other way. Quite some confidence in a new purchase to outright state that the entire team will evolve around that.

The warranted belief in Haaland really comes from the Champions League first, Bundesliga 2nd and national team third. He is a goal per game striker in all competitions. The only other active players that can claim something resembling that is the only striker that is better than Haaland, and the two greats in their final career years.

I think he scores within 15 minutes against West Ham.

Zehner

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Pep stated in a interview that Manchester City will setup to play to Haalands strenghts and not the other way. Quite some confidence in a new purchase to outright state that the entire team will evolve around that.

The warranted belief in Haaland really comes from the Champions League first, Bundesliga 2nd and national team third. He is a goal per game striker in all competitions. The only other active players that can claim something resembling that is the only striker that is better than Haaland, and the two greats in their final career years.

I think he scores within 15 minutes against West Ham.
I'd say Lewandowski, Benzema and Mbappe are all ahead of Haaland.

People are too obsessed with goal stats these days. I'd argue that Sancho was much more important for Dortmund's cup win than Haaland for instance. As good as Haaland's goal output was, his arrival didn't improve Dortmund as much as his stats suggest. They were performing at the same level before him and most likely will do next season.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal

People are too obsessed with goal stats these days. I'd argue that Sancho was much more important for Dortmund's cup win than Haaland for instance. As good as Haaland's goal output was, his arrival didn't improve Dortmund as much as his stats suggest. They were performing at the same level before him and most likely will do next season.
If City's goal per game doesn't increase this coming season then you are probably right, but Pep probably want Haaland to be the key for CL. so stats may not tell you everything.

Nickosaur

Best the premier league can hope for is he dominates with city for two years then fecks off to madrid

City then crumble having become so complacent and dependent and get relegated

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal

These are no ordinary goal stats though. Haaland has been scoring a goal per game at every level from league to UCL to internationals and he’s only 21 years old. His goal scoring record is simply phenomenal the only U21 I’ve ever seen with a comparable goal scoring ratio is Ronaldo9. Not that I’m saying Haaland is as good as Ronaldo9 who was simply the best young player I’ve ever seen.