Nordic Ghost Yeti | Haaland at City

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Not really sure when I last saw a young striker this good. Owen? Rooney? Rooney's overall game was better but Haaland is just a goal machine. R9 is still the best I've seen though.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
His rumoured release clauses he had 2. the first one can be activated in 2 years but is over 200 million and then the second one is 175 million and can be activated in 3 years. However i do think theres certain caveats to it.
I think it's most likely a cover for if UEFA try to ban us from Europe again but actually succeed.

Skåre Willoch

Insane striker - and he'll only get better. As long as he stays healthy, he'll break records wherever he goes.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Guys, relax, he can only do it in the turdy Bundesliga.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
The thing is he could do better. If you watched Haalands movements yesterday he always wanted the ball to come quick to him because he is used to in the Salzburg and Dortmunds systems to play quick on the break and in transition. He now must learn how to play the long game with more patience and to know when and why to make a run so his teammates to find him with a pass easy. Then he will be unstoppable.

Skåre Willoch

The thing is he could do better. If you watched Haalands movements yesterday he always wanted the ball to come quick to him because he is used to in the Salzburg and Dortmunds systems to play quick on the break and in transition. He now must learn how to play the long game with more patience and to know when and why to make a run so his teammates to find him with a pass easy. Then he will be unstoppable.
Sure. But keep in mind that when he makes these runs constantly, he drags a defender (or two, or three) with him, disrupting the defensive formation and organization of the opposition, creating even more space for the other offensive players.

Him not getting the ball every time is (often) a perk/by design, not a flaw/bad run.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Sure. But keep in mind that when he makes these runs constantly, he drags a defender (or two, or three) with him, disrupting the defensive formation and organization of the opposition, creating even more space for the other offensive players.

Him not getting the ball every time is (often) a perk/by design, not a flaw/bad run.
This is also one reason why Müller is so incredibly important for Bayern. He opens up spaces through his runs and thus puts the striker in excellent scoring opportunities.

Arthur Pewty

Supports
Manchester City
There was so many commissions in that deal to family, agents, associates and player bonuses that the total was at least triple that. But generally reporters are loathe to look into City's deals because of the legal firepower that is unleashed on them afterwards.
I've seen some pretty silly posts lately but yours is right up there.

1. So you are saying the agents commission and player bonuses etc amount to circa £100m (for the hard of thinking, triple £51m being roughly £150m = £100m more)? Ridiculous assertion.
2. Which reporters have City sued exactly? Name one.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
If PSG can convince Mbappe to renew his contract and not go to Real Madrid for free, even when his contract is expired, I am sure there is a lot City can do.
They had a lot of help by the fact Mbappe is born in Paris, is one season away from being the all-time scorer, and has his whole family here. Haaland seems far more of a mercenary IMO, and if he wants to leave, they won't be able to pull at his heart string and the money will be great anywhere he goes anyways. Putting a release clause is good business anyways, whether you plan on staying or not, it keeps the club on their toes.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
City still not good enough to win cl then he will surely jump the ship. But this season they have plan B by go route 1 to haaland so they have that x factor now.

11 forwards

Supports
Rosenborg
They had a lot of help by the fact Mbappe is born in Paris, is one season away from being the all-time scorer, and has his whole family here. Haaland seems far more of a mercenary IMO, and if he wants to leave, they won't be able to pull at his heart string and the money will be great anywhere he goes anyways. Putting a release clause is good business anyways, whether you plan on staying or not, it keeps the club on their toes.
His ability to contribute to overall team play is dramatically worse than Lewandowski and Aguero.
Each of them has roughly 4 goals for each assist in their best clubs. Haven't really seen too much of Lewa and Agueros assist-play to judge, but from what I've seen of Haaland he's clearly an underrated team player. Not for much longer, I suspect.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah I'm sure if he wants to stay at City he will but if he's planning to stay there long term he wouldn't of insisted in having a buy-out clause in his contract
He had these buy out clause for all his contracts as his jail free card. It is also absolutely fine he wants to have experience in another league and city as well. But to say nothing City can do to convince him to stay is a bit extreme.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
They will win it soon for sure. Maybe even this season.
Don't know but barcelona building some team. Real will be there. PSG also building strong midfield. Then liverpool and Bayern too. Five top class teams to fight against them.

Then Atletico and chelsea could be wild cards ability to do well in cup competitions. Spurs also building a nice team. Cl always throw surprises. That competition is really magical.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Not really sure when I last saw a young striker this good. Owen? Rooney? Rooney's overall game was better but Haaland is just a goal machine. R9 is still the best I've seen though.
Maybe Adriano? Although his breakthrough season was at the age of 20, I believe.

Edwards6

He had these buy out clause for all his contracts as his jail free card. It is also absolutely fine he wants to have experience in another league and city as well. But to say nothing City can do to convince him to stay is a bit extreme.
Sure they can try and convince him but City must be ok with him leaving after 2 or 3 years or they wouldn't of agreed to the clause. Its the reason United never signed him before he went to Dortmund

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Maybe Adriano? Although his breakthrough season was at the age of 20, I believe.
Adriano is a good shout, I was more impressed with him than I am with Haaland, but not by much. Adriano was also a machine, but also more technical and the power on his shots were just terrifying. It's a shame off-the-field tragedies took his drive away.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Sure they can try and convince him but City must be ok with him leaving after 2 or 3 years or they wouldn't of agreed to the clause. Its the reason United never signed him before he went to Dortmund
Or may be Man City is confident enough to convince him that they are the best club that can help him win the most trophies and also personal glory.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Sure he makes more predictable and easier to plan to.

If the plan is to scream in terror

Lincm

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah I'm sure if he wants to stay at City he will but if he's planning to stay there long term he wouldn't of insisted in having a buy-out clause in his contract
By that logic I'm sure Ansu fati and pedri don't intend to stay at Barcelona long with their release clauses there.

If the club continues to play well and win trophies, there's no reason why haaland wouldn't want to stay unless he wants to try a different league (it could happen, see mane, lewandowski, cristiano Ronaldo). But it's difficult to say whether haaland doesn't intend to stay long because of this act. Far too much of a stretch

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
By that logic I'm sure Ansu fati and pedri don't intend to stay at Barcelona long with their release clauses there.
Nope. Release clauses in Spain are mandatory. Haaland has actively negotiated his in a country where having a release clause is an oddity.

Jonathan Brown

Supports
Newcastle United
Think Newcastle will have him covered.... Not worried one bit. Dan Burn will own him ;-)

Edwards6

If the club continues to play well and win trophies, there's no reason why haaland wouldn't want to stay unless he wants to try a different league (it could happen, see mane, lewandowski, cristiano Ronaldo). But it's difficult to say whether haaland doesn't intend to stay long because of this act. Far too much of a stretch
In Spain every player has to have a release clause. With Haaland he chose to have one so he can leave in 2 or 3 years if he wants to

justsomebloke

He'd terrify me as a defender. His runs for both goals, I can't tell if it's the camera angle or not but he just looks fecking massive and it baffles me that he's so quick carrying all that mass.
There's something slightly unreal about his acceleration in those runs. You watch them and then watch them again, and you're left with a sense that what you see somehow shouldn't be possible. It's like time slows down for him for a couple of seconds. Don't know how else to describe it.

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
The amazing thing about his movement is that he is rarely caught offside. Even if teams play in a low block, his movement is good enough to find space in compact areas to get the finish.

John Blund

He's just a shit Andy Carroll..
Hopefully he keeps Liverpool away from PL.
And in my head, Real will pick him up in 2 years, when we're finally ready to aim for PL-title again.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
What will be more interesting than his goal tally is the amount of reds, yellows and pens he‘ll win/draw out of the opposition. I don’t know what the current record is, but he’ll most likely break all three.

Flappy hands ahoy because I don’t think there’s a single defender in the league that can match him for raw acceleration, pace and power and that alone will turn brains to mush because they’ll know they can’t let him break free or even get into his stride. De Bruyne is going to have the time of his life working in the generated chaos let alone finding his man.

Dansk

La Liga requires a release clause. Haaland is fairly injury-prone, especially considering his age, and I could see him moving on to a less demanding league once he has enjoyed the prestige of winning the PL a couple of times, and possibly City's first CL (ugh). When a player insists on a release clause in England, it tends to mean that they don't expect to stay forever.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
This is also one reason why Müller is so incredibly important for Bayern. He opens up spaces through his runs and thus puts the striker in excellent scoring opportunities.
Yes. But here we are not talking about Muller, we are talking about Lewandowski. Haaland must adapt and learn from Pep just like Lewandowski did when he joined Bayern . His all around play is still raw and unplolished and i am certain that Guardiola will work hard to adjust him the right way.