Nordic Goal Yeti | Haaland at City

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
This is the deal that completely highlights their progress from a stature perspective. Not that it wasn't obvious, but I've never felt their moves for individuals was particularly annoying before - maybe David Silva, but that was ages ago and before they truly achieved anything.

Watching them spend £100m on Grealish or £50m on Sterling/Walker never bothered me.

This is the second best young attacker in world football, going to play for a team who just won the PL scoring 99 goals :lol:. Now that is annoying.

Thankfully, football is cyclical and there will be something which disrupts them at some point in the future.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
This is the deal that completely highlights their progress from a stature perspective. Not that it wasn't obvious, but I've never felt their moves for individuals was particularly annoying before - maybe David Silva, but that was ages ago and before they truly achieved anything.

Watching them spend £100m on Grealish or £50m on Sterling/Walker never bothered me.

This is the second best young attacker in world football, going to play for a team who just won the PL scoring 99 goals :lol:. Now that is annoying.

Thankfully, football is cyclical and there will be something which disrupts them at some point in the future.
A certain bald headed fraud hopefully.

90 + 5min

He will do his job great at City. I think he will score probably over 40+ goals in overall competitions, if he doesn’t have injuries.
I'm not sure he will. I think he will get goals but so would anyone playing in ManCIty as striker. People are making his signing way more than it actually is. We will see how he will adapt to Guardiola style of football. Also, how will he adapt to english football looking at his injuries.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
You guys are really, really mean about how he looks. Just leave him alone.
:lol: I know you’re joking and know that I didn’t mean it like that.. however… people really do make a deal out of how he looks and I don’t really get it. I don’t think he looks particularly unusual.. surprised to see so many people try and make it a thing

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He can’t help the way he looks. Some pretty distasteful comments in this thread.

I think a few need to look in the Luke Chadwick thread and see what comments like those did to his psyche s a young footballer. It’s totally unnecessary.

Wilt

He can’t help the way he looks. Some pretty distasteful comments in this thread.

I think a few need to look in the Luke Chadwick thread and see what comments like those did to his psyche s a young footballer. It’s totally unnecessary.
There’s nothing wrong with the way he looks …..just daft comments probably made by 6 stone wonders who would just about reach Haalands ball bag if they stood on tiptoes.

marktan

Anyone know why the fee keeps getting quoted as £50m, despite it being well known that there was $40m in agents fees to his dad and Raiola?

When we signed Pogba the £85m or whatever fee included the agent fees. Surely it'd be more accurate to label Halland as an £80m+ transfer?

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
if only greenwood wasn't a prick and we wouldn't have to care about other talents in this department that much..

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I'm not sure he will. I think he will get goals but so would anyone playing in ManCIty as striker. People are making his signing way more than it actually is. We will see how he will adapt to Guardiola style of football. Also, how will he adapt to english football looking at his injuries.
You’d have to think that if Aguero can get 30 goals in a Guardiola team on his last legs, someone like Haaland can easily get 40. Tap ins at the back post for fun.

Paul_Scholes18

Will be interesting to see if he is a sucess. 5 times the money to be top scorer. I think it is probably a big chance he do not reach 20 league goals either which would be failure.

Bloody hope he fails and I do not think he suits Man City that well. He is best on the counter in a more physical style of play rather than playing quick combinations.

I think someone like Aguero did suit City more.

Still you think he will likely be top scorer for Man City even if he is not a 100% sucess and if they win CL in which I think his style is best suited City will see this money well spent even if he do not score for fun in the PL.

ForeverRed1

So gutted they got Grealish and haaland, two players of of liked to see in a United shirt.

They’re starting to really get that X factor in their team now.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Will be interesting to see if he is a sucess. 5 times the money to be top scorer. I think it is probably a big chance he do not reach 20 league goals either which would be failure.

Bloody hope he fails and I do not think he suits Man City that well. He is best on the counter in a more physical style of play rather than playing quick combinations.

I think someone like Aguero did suit City more.

Still you think he will likely be top scorer for Man City even if he is not a 100% sucess and if they win CL in which I think his style is best suited City will see this money well spent even if he do not score for fun in the PL.
He may be best on the counter but the guy so far in his career has been an absolutely lethal finisher: 54 non-penalty goals in the Bundesliga from a non-penalty xg of 41.7.

City create boatloads of chances. Their Achilles heel has always been the lack of players up front to finish them reliably. Even Aguero wasn't a particularly good finisher, more a guy that was excellent at getting into positions to score.

Haaland might hurt their overall chance creation a little bit but by every indication he is an elite finisher.

I think if he fails its going to be because he either gets hurt a lot or has some kind of big falling out with Pep. If he stays on the field, he will score for fun.

Anderson_7_

If he was given to Klopp, it would've been worrying. But since it's Baldy, I'm pretty chill. Baldy won't know how to utilize him. You just know he's somewhere right now overthinking the tactics and asking his advisers to test the idea of Haaland as a false winger.

I predict he'll score less goals than Ronaldo did this past season. I also predict it will be easier for Nunez to adapt to Klopp's system and score more goals.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Pep with Lewandowski, Aguero and Zlatan was not CL winning level teams.

Im more scared about Pep’s replacement with Haaland tbh.

MongeySpangle

Supports
Manchester City
He may be best on the counter but the guy so far in his career has been an absolutely lethal finisher: 54 non-penalty goals in the Bundesliga from a non-penalty xg of 41.7.

City create boatloads of chances. Their Achilles heel has always been the lack of players up front to finish them reliably. Even Aguero wasn't a particularly good finisher, more a guy that was excellent at getting into positions to score.

Haaland might hurt their overall chance creation a little bit but by every indication he is an elite finisher.

I think if he fails its going to be because he either gets hurt a lot or has some kind of big falling out with Pep. If he stays on the field, he will score for fun.
:lol: I don’t have a clue how you’ve come to that conclusion.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He has a weirdly long neck, he would have been Woodwards dream signing to finally get a decent scarf sponsor.

Ole'sgunnarwin

If he stays fit and doesn't disrupt their game too much, he'll score at least 30 in the league. One of the most talented young forwards I've ever seen. Add to the supply he'll get from the likes of De Bruyne, Cancelo, Foden etc, can't see how he's not gonna smash it.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
Everyone said Agüero wouldn't fit Pep's system when he arrived and that ended with around 100 goals in the first three seasons.

Current Haaland doesn't fit into the system City have been playing recently at all but Pep is far more adaptable than he gets credit for. People have very short memories if they forget that we only started playing strikerless recently.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Everyone said Agüero wouldn't fit Pep's system when he arrived and that ended with around 100 goals in the first three seasons.

Current Haaland doesn't fit into the system City have been playing recently at all but Pep is far more adaptable than he gets credit for. People have very short memories if they forget that we only started playing strikerless recently.
The thing is, Haaland is great at exploiting space in behind. Pep isn’t going to change his system away from a high back line playing in the oppositions half so it’s about whether Haaland can adapt to that.

I’m not writing him of one bit. He’s more than capable of it but that for me is the question.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
If he was given to Klopp, it would've been worrying. But since it's Baldy, I'm pretty chill. Baldy won't know how to utilize him. You just know he's somewhere right now overthinking the tactics and asking his advisers to test the idea of Haaland as a false winger.

I predict he'll score less goals than Ronaldo did this past season. I also predict it will be easier for Nunez to adapt to Klopp's system and score more goals.
Im surprised Klopp is going for the out and out 9 aswell. The success of his system has been a lot down to false 9.

While I don't don't Haaland will flop it does make me laugh when I see how the league is closed for x amount of years now. If he's that good surely he'd have dragged Dortmund to a title or at the very least a close race?

90 + 5min

You’d have to think that if Aguero can get 30 goals in a Guardiola team on his last legs, someone like Haaland can easily get 40. Tap ins at the back post for fun.
Aguero is quality. Or have been. Haaland is not at his level. Yet should I say. We will see if Haaland can produce that football Aguero did.

I don't think Haaland is that good as many want to make. Let him show his worth in Premier League.

troylocker

Aguero is quality. Or have been. Haaland is not at his level. Yet should I say. We will see if Haaland can produce that football Aguero did.

I don't think Haaland is that good as many want to make. Let him show his worth in Premier League.
I'm afraid you're wrong on this one, buddy. Haaland is already a better golascorer than peak Aguero, he'll hit the ground running here like he's done at every other stop he's made so far. He'll only get better as well. I'm putting money on him hitting 30+ in the PL and becomes topscorer in the CL next season. The only thing that can stop him is injuries.... at 16 to 1 the bookies will lose money.