Nordic Goal Yeti | Haaland at City

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
I believe that was his second touch of the game. Losing his magic already.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I'm an optimist, I hope Pep will be gone as well.
Just win the feckin CL and get out.
This is what I’m starting to hope for. If he wins it maybe he gets satisfied in his legacy and looks for another challenge, unless of course he he looking to better SAF and stays for the long run and winning the CL spurs him on to more of them while managing in the PL.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
The only thing I am clinging onto is it will be even funnier when they don't win the CL with Haaland in their team.

Camilo

This is what I’m starting to hope for. If he wins it maybe he gets satisfied in his legacy and looks for another challenge, unless of course he he looking to better SAF and stays for the long run and winning the CL spurs him on to more of them while managing in the PL.
Would be quite amusing if SAF became the 2nd most legendary manager Manchester has ever seen.

ekestubbe

We could have signed him but we didn't because we are the worst football club of all time
I think you have to be quite delusional to actually believe the son of Alf-Inge Håland would ever seriously consider playing for Manchester United.

captaincantona

I think you have to be quite delusional to actually believe the son of Alf-Inge Håland would ever seriously consider playing for Manchester United.
That’s delusional…completely and utterly. His dad already gave an interview entertaining the idea. It’s amazing what a wad of cash will do. The issue was that Haaland could get that money AND join a good football team…so he did.

Jam

Do you actually think he’d want to leave City?
He's not going to the leave the team that are likely to dominate for the foreseeable future.
Why do you think he inserted the release clause?

Haaland will be at Madrid in 3-4 years time.

Wouldn’t shock me if he then went to whatever Italian club was the dominant club in 8-10 years time too like Ronaldo.

Eriku

As crazy as an Everton fan becoming a devoted Liverpool player… but that kind of stuff never happens.

padr81

Supports
Man City

Wouldn’t shock me if he then went to whatever Italian club was the dominant club in 8-10 years time too like Ronaldo.
The release clause went in because Haaland insists on one whether he intends to leave or not, there was also the FFP and potential CL ban hanging over City. If he's unhappy and we miss out on CL he'll move for that money, if he's happy he won't.
I don't think he has any loyalty to City but he'll do whats best for himself.

padr81

Supports
Man City
There was never any chance for him to join us. Not even with Ole as a manager. And the Haaland family hates us. And we hate them.
I'm pretty sure they don't give a feck about ye. Maybe they dislike Keane because their dad never fully recovered from the tackle (he did return to play after but couldn't get back up to speed).

But I'm pretty sure they aren't sitting around hating over everything to do with United, they're grown men not petulant man baby football fans. I'm actually sure if United was seen as the right move for Erling, he'd be at United.

Man-United

I'm pretty sure they don't give a feck about ye. Maybe they dislike Keane because their dad never fully recovered from the tackle (he did return to play after but couldn't get back up to speed).

But I'm pretty sure they aren't sitting around hating over everything to do with United, they're grown men not petulant man baby football fans. I'm actually sure if United was seen as the right move for Erling, he'd be at United.
Agree to disagree. There was never any chance he would join us. Supporting Leeds and Man C as a kid, his dad being Alfie.

Nicolarra90

Think it will be faster.
2 years per club, or until he wins the league.
He'll probably try to win the bundesliga at some point too.
All if injuries let him of course.

Then at 30 he'll have the 5 big leagues and will settle somewhere (here with us)

Nicolarra90

Alf-inge is like Dr. Gero. He created an android with the sole purpose of fecking us for years to come. :lol:

Who's going to be our Gohan?

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
It’s more the question do you think he wants to leave the money? He chose City over Madrid and Barca due to money.
To be fair his choices has always seemed calculated, not necessarily based on money. I think the city choice was more based on working with Guardiola to evolve even further as a player.

DevilRed

fecking depressing watching that oil money buy another premier league title.

fecks me off that they managed to sign this guy. Yes his father played for them, which tipped the scales towards their favor.

But the insane amounts of money being pumped into their personal accounts would have helped his decision too.

Pisses me off that we are saddled with these glazer cnuts while they are backed by a sports washing dictatorship. We'd be far more competitive even if we had just normal owners who didnt put the club in debt. The billions that have flowed out of our club could have changed the narrative.

feck off with this super human playing for them.

Chief123

To be fair his choices has always seemed calculated, not necessarily based on money. I think the city choice was more based on working with Guardiola to evolve even further as a player.
eh how did you work that out? Barca and Madrid both pay their players ridiculous wages
It was well reported Barca in particular and Madrid were in numerous meetings to try and find a deal to sign Haaland. Raiola and Haaland eventually decided the money being offered at city was too good to turn down based on what Barca and Madrid had to offer.

If City were first choice, all those discussions with the other two clubs wouldn’t have happened.

Cloud7

Has there ever been a player who hit the ground running in the PL the way he has? I’m struggling to think of any. He’s slotted in from another league and picked up where he left off instantly.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
It was well reported Barca in particular and Madrid were in numerous meetings to try and find a deal to sign Haaland. Raiola and Haaland eventually decided the money being offered at city was too good to turn down based on what Barca and Madrid had to offer.

If City were first choice, all those discussions with the other two clubs wouldn’t have happened.
It's literally the job of an agent to keep those conversations going though, to get the best deal.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Has there ever been a player who hit the ground running in the PL the way he has? I’m struggling to think of any. He’s slotted in from another league and picked up where he left off instantly.
I can think of one example. Bruno joining us.

Chief123

It's literally the job of an agent to keep those conversations going though, to get the best deal.
Yes but the point being if Barca offered the exact same monetary package as what city offered, he would be a Barca player right now. That’s kind of the point, money talked in the end.

It’s the exact same reason Sanchez and Maguire joined Utd instead of City.

jorgenbh

Nail on the head! He could've gone abroad to a prestigious academy when he went to Molde. He could've signed for Juventus (or Leverkusen) when he left Norway for Salzburg. And he had bigger clubs – including United – circling when he went to Dortmund. So it's pretty obvious that he's taken well measured steps throughout his career.

Personally I'm tired of the narrative that he would never sign for United because of the bad blood between Keano and his dad and/or that he grew up a City-fan when the harsh reality is that we couldn't match his sporting ambitions compared to City and Madrid. If there's one thing Haaland isn't when it comes to his own career it's to be emotional about it.

Sara125

You guys act as if his dad will disown him for joining united. I doubt either of them give a single crap about that incident.