Nordic Goal Yeti | Haaland at City

Wilt

Why do you think he inserted the release clause?

Haaland will be at Madrid in 3-4 years time.

Wouldn’t shock me if he then went to whatever Italian club was the dominant club in 8-10 years time too like Ronaldo.
Obviously, no matter what club, he’d be stupid to sign without a release clause.

Don’t imagine him going anywhere while Pep is at City (unless he falls out with him)

keithsingleton

fecking depressing watching that oil money buy another premier league title.

fecks me off that they managed to sign this guy. Yes his father played for them, which tipped the scales towards their favor.

But the insane amounts of money being pumped into their personal accounts would have helped his decision too.

Pisses me off that we are saddled with these glazer cnuts while they are backed by a sports washing dictatorship. We'd be far more competitive even if we had just normal owners who didnt put the club in debt. The billions that have flowed out of our club could have changed the narrative.

feck off with this super human playing for them.
Much as I agree with you we’ve spent plenty and won fcuk all. City have simply done a better job than us. Haaland so so good i Enjoy watching the Cnut play, just for the wrong team though.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC

fecks me off that they managed to sign this guy. Yes his father played for them, which tipped the scales towards their favor.

But the insane amounts of money being pumped into their personal accounts would have helped his decision too.

Pisses me off that we are saddled with these glazer cnuts while they are backed by a sports washing dictatorship. We'd be far more competitive even if we had just normal owners who didnt put the club in debt. The billions that have flowed out of our club could have changed the narrative.

United have outspent City, both in gross and in net spend. Money wasn't the determining factor. United could've easily matched any offer by City. It was the choice between winning the PL + possibly CL and playing Sherif Tiraspol while fighting for 4th place that made the difference.

Ladron de redcafe

Is he better than Ruud?
I think he might be. Having said that, Van Nistrelrooy scored 44 goals in all competitions during a time when football wasn't as expansive and top strikers didnt get as many chances as they do today. But Haaland is well on pace to break Ruud's mark which.

Telsim

City should start with an automatic one goal deficit with him in the team. Give the other side at least some fighting chance.

Polar

Must be a little bit boring to be attacker on City too. They seldom counter attack and mostly play safe passes. Don’t understand why they don’t playy more behind “enemies lines” when they have a player like Haaland.

City are winning, but their play isn’t very convincing. I thing Pep has taken their possession play to far.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

Money isn't the reason he's playing for them over us. It's mainly been bad decision making from Woodward and co.

Ignoring that we could have signed him years ago, once we signed Ronaldo last summer it was easily predictable that we'd regret being stuck with a past it 37 year old while City had a perfect spot for Haaland.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
You guys act as if his dad will disown him for joining united. I doubt either of them give a single crap about that incident.
You serious? If that challenge was in the street jail time would have been served. You don’t think the father of Drago hasn’t brought this up over dinner? Alf never played the same if I recall, missed most of the season after the assault, and really don’t know if he ever played a full 90 minutes after that all for saying get up. Money doesn’t cover up what happens to family and Haaland at City has to be making the father satisfied.

CarbonStoolBites

We’ve spent or shall we say wasted buttloads of money, difference is they’ve had a plan whilst we made it up as we went.
Good decision making vs poor decision making is all the difference.

We’re not very good at this buying trophies thing.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
City don't work to play him in often, interestingly. Outside of De Bruyne and Cancelo, he's not getting premium service. Foden seems to be at odds with deferring to him and others are playing secondary passes amongst themselves rather than spotting very good runs and trying to hit the balls through to him.

Clear this City side have a lot of work to do and are going to get better as a collective. They're strolling through rather than working on patterns and movement like they should be doing. I bet Pep isn't happy about that.

mu4c_20le

We almost had him, we wanted him before anyone else because Ole brought him through at molde. It is surprising though that city seemingly had a free run at him

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
City don't work to play him in often, interestingly. Outside of De Bruyne and Cancelo, he's not getting premium service. Foden seems to be at odds with deferring to him and others are playing secondary passes amongst themselves rather than spotting very good runs and trying to hit the balls through to him.

Clear this City side have a lot of work to do and are going to get better as a collective. They're strolling through rather than working on patterns and movement like they should be doing. I bet Pep isn't happy about that.
Yeah, they're really struggling at the moment.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Yeah, they're really struggling at the moment.
You learn and hone when battering fodder. They switched off once the second goal went in and stopped working on their game. It's when the serious games come that what you've been working on needs to be on point. City need to win the CL and should be working towards that with every game they play.

R'hllor

Really hope people aint thinking that if he signed for us, he would look the same or produce the same as in City.

Sara125

You serious? If that challenge was in the street jail time would have been served. You don’t think the father of Drago hasn’t brought this up over dinner? Alf never played the same if I recall, missed most of the season after the assault, and really don’t know if he ever played a full 90 minutes after that all for saying get up. Money doesn’t cover up what happens to family and Haaland at City has to be making the father satisfied.
Can we please stop perpetuating this myth. Alf literally played the rest of the match and his surgery was for a recurring problem with the OTHER knee. Also, according to the Manchester Evening News, he had nothing but good things to say last year about the prospect of his son joining United.

edit: a few words

Irrational.

Shame Madrid don’t buy City players.
They can definitely match the weekly wages. What they can’t match is the under-the-table backhanders that don’t show up in the books paid to Haaland, his dog, his mum, his mailman; and his dad’s medical fees for round the clock care after Keane ended his career.

There’s a reason why Real didn’t go near Aguero, Toure, Kompany and David Silva when they were tearing the league apart.

Eriku

Can we please stop perpetuating this myth. Alf literally played the rest of the match and his surgery was for a recurring problem with the OTHER knee. Also, according to the Manchester Evening News, his dad had nothing but good things to say last year about the prospect of him joining United.
No we can’t. Facile minds are fertile ground for this bullshit. It’s intellectual whack a mole, and you can’t win.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Only guy on his team who respects the kit man too.

NotThatSoph

Yes but the point being if Barca offered the exact same monetary package as what city offered, he would be a Barca player right now. That’s kind of the point, money talked in the end.

It’s the exact same reason Sanchez and Maguire joined Utd instead of City.
He would not. It was City, Madrid or Bayern.

Rainy nights in Stoke

It was well reported Barca in particular and Madrid were in numerous meetings to try and find a deal to sign Haaland. Raiola and Haaland eventually decided the money being offered at city was too good to turn down based on what Barca and Madrid had to offer.

If City were first choice, all those discussions with the other two clubs wouldn’t have happened.
There’s a decent documentary actually on the process Haaland and his team went through. They portray it as quite a holistic evaluation with

- Which team has the best chance at success
- Which team needs a number 9

Being two central parameters, among others. Each parameter is scored out of 10 and the decision was made based on which club has the highest total score. They say that 5-6 clubs were included in the evaluation, but there were only 3 real contenders. Haaland senior talks about different clubs, but City, Real and Bayern are the ones that get the most attention (Bayern seemingly missing out because they still had Lewa - they also make it seem like Bayerns pursuit of Haaland is the main reason Lewa left).

Sadly, no objective observer can argue City is a bad choice for any player (if they can get game time..), but I guess it also depends on how heavily a player weights things like history, culture, ethics etc.

Cloud7

Can we please stop perpetuating this myth. Alf literally played the rest of the match and his surgery was for a recurring problem with the OTHER knee. Also, according to the Manchester Evening News, he had nothing but good things to say last year about the prospect of his son joining United.

edit: a few words
It’s a good meme though. Keane went full WWE on Haaland’s father. Heard he has PTSD around Irish people.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It’s a good meme though. Keane went full WWE on Haaland’s father. Heard he has PTSD around Irish people.
I remember that day, Jaap Stam and Dennis Irwin made a young Erling watch as Keane tortured his father and just laughed

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
The tackle was made in early 2001 when Alfie was 29 years old. After that his career seemed to have ended. I wonder how this impacted the Haaland household finances when he was growing up … did he suffer some level of poverty? Does his son blame United?