Nordic Goal Yeti | Haaland at City

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
They can definitely match the weekly wages. What they can’t match is the under-the-table backhanders that don’t show up in the books paid to Haaland, his dog, his mum, his mailman; and his dad’s medical fees for round the clock care after Keane ended his career.

There’s a reason why Real didn’t go near Aguero, Toure, Kompany and David Silva when they were tearing the league apart.
his dad got £35 million in ‘agent’ fees On top of what they already had paid for his release clause. I’ve absolutely no doubts that there’s all sorts of dodgy money around Haaland.

Trezeguet17

his dad got £35 million in ‘agent’ fees On top of what they already had paid for his release clause. I’ve absolutely no doubts that there’s all sorts of dodgy money around Haaland.
I have no doubts that he is „unofficially“ on Mbappe level money

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Was always going to bang in a tonne of goals. City are champions, have been a well oiled machine for years and added the biggest young talent around. Doing exactly what he was expected to. He would probably struggle a bit more for us, but then so would anybody. Our team isn’t quite there yet, but hopefully will start to take shape soon.

AndyMUFC

If they can't win the Champions League now they have him they'll never win it under Pep.

Irwin99

The guy is going to set all kinds of records in the league. My only hope is that his ego becomes so inflated that it actually makes City so dependent on him that it affects the rest of the team. He seems a bit stroppy at times when he doesn't get a pass.

Robertd0803

Barring some sort of injury or unforseen loss of form hes going to smash the Premier League top scorer chart at the very least isnt he.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
That hero music makes this hilarious :lol: When fandom gets taken a little inch too far
I can clearly tell from this 9 second clip that he is a boy who has been raised well with impeccable manners and that Norway is a society that places great emphasis on respect for kit men, thus producing well rounded and charming young men like Haaland. Unlike the Brits and the Dutch, as you can see from their belligerent treatment of this innocent poor follicly challenged kit man.

DevilRed

There’s a decent documentary actually on the process Haaland and his team went through. They portray it as quite a holistic evaluation with

- Which team has the best chance at success
- Which team needs a number 9

Being two central parameters, among others. Each parameter is scored out of 10 and the decision was made based on which club has the highest total score. They say that 5-6 clubs were included in the evaluation, but there were only 3 real contenders. Haaland senior talks about different clubs, but City, Real and Bayern are the ones that get the most attention (Bayern seemingly missing out because they still had Lewa - they also make it seem like Bayerns pursuit of Haaland is the main reason Lewa left).

Sadly, no objective observer can argue City is a bad choice for any player (if they can get game time..), but I guess it also depends on how heavily a player weights things like history, culture, ethics etc.
Signing Ronaldo basically did us. Ironic, considering if we had let him go to city, we actually might have Haaland as our 9 right now.

Its not like we didnt have the money to sign him. Agent/dad fees and all.

SER19

If they can't win the Champions League now they have him they'll never win it under Pep.
I believe that any of the top 20 managers in the world would win a CL if given the same time and money as Guardiola. Most would have done so already in same circumstances. Its a near guarantee that he'll win it with them and he'll keep spending until he does.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I believe that any of the top 20 managers in the world would win a CL if given the same time and money as Guardiola. Most would have done so already in same circumstances. Its a near guarantee that he'll win it with them and he'll keep spending until he does.
Which is kind of why I rate mou more for what he did in his prime wirh Porto and Inter but that’s neither hear nor their

SER19

Which is kind of why I rate mou more for what he did in his prime wirh Porto and Inter but that’s neither hear nor their

Same. I think any combination of Real, Chelsea, City, United, Bayern, Liverpool plus any of Ancellotti, Klopp, Tuchel, and countless others backed with 7 years and over a Billion, is getting a CL.

Zen86

And yet it will still be hailed as some sort of masterclass when he eventually does.

Ladron de redcafe

Barring some sort of injury or unforseen loss of form hes going to smash the Premier League top scorer chart at the very least isnt he.
He has 11 goals already and we are in mid September.

The record under the 38 match a season format is Salah's 32. He's going to shatter it if he continues this pace.

frostbite

Can we please stop perpetuating this myth. Alf literally played the rest of the match and his surgery was for a recurring problem with the OTHER knee. Also, according to the Manchester Evening News, he had nothing but good things to say last year about the prospect of his son joining United.

edit: a few words

Stop perpetuating the myth that he seriously considered coming to United. Sure, he, his father, his agent, they will all say that yes, they will consider an offer from United. Why not? They would be very stupid if they didn't. With an offer from United they can go to City or Real and ask for MORE money. They have nothing to gain if they just go out and say to the world "we hate United". But the possibility of Haaland actually playing for United was ZERO the whole time. It does not matter how much money we offered or whatever clauses we agreed to give him, he'd never play for united, ever.

City has more money than we do, the best manager in the world, and wins trophies. And above all, Haaland has been a City fan since he was a kid! There was no reason he would seriously consider joining us. Sure, Ole tried, and of course Haaland was nice to his former manager, but that's all --- there was zero chance he would actually sign a contract with us.

Last edited:

izec

I think he will stay longer than people think. After City, only Real/Barca left for him. Why should he move there in 2 years, he is still young. Think he will stay 3-5 years, then he can still go to Spain. The PL is still the best league, he will stay quite a bit here.

frostbite

I think he will stay longer than people think. After City, only Real/Barca left for him. Why should he move there in 2 years, he is still young. Think he will stay 3-5 years, then he can still go to Spain. The PL is still the best league, he will stay quite a bit here.
Since he has been a City fan since birth, why wouldn't he stay there for the rest of his career?

Cantona_7_

The tackle was made in early 2001 when Alfie was 29 years old. After that his career seemed to have ended. I wonder how this impacted the Haaland household finances when he was growing up … did he suffer some level of poverty? Does his son blame United?

This is response to you and other people in this thread, im a long time lurker and wanted to post Haaland's own story of that Keano tackle, I see it repeated as a myth here again and again. I don't know the family, but I grew up not far away so I know people that went to school with them.

What Haaland himself say about it is that before that tackle he played 8 years in England with no injury, after that tackle he never played 90 minuts again in his life. im not allowed to link it because im new member, but you find it on youtube under "alfie haaland talks about Roy Keane" 4 min video.

So everyone claiming it is a myth is just repeating a myth created by United fans a long time ago (Its been posted as fact that Keane did not injury him online for 15-20 years).

On him growing up in poverty, no not really, but Haaland senior did make some bad financial decisions, like investing most of it in one of Norways biggest club in his small hometown Bryne, this ofcourse went to shit because it is not enough people there to fill the bar, but he kept working "normal" jobs with a decent income, and if you see their house its noting out of the ordinary exept it is a bit "funkis". It was just starting to come good money into the leauge when he retired, but he still made good money as a pro.

And everyone belived it was the big brother in the family that were gonna be the star, not Erling, so that it went this way was kinda suprising, atleast how he is breaking records, in all of football modern history its only Van Basten and Ronaldo that kept up with his goal rate this young, but Haaland passed them both by now sometime last season. He is now the same age as Ronaldo when he got his famous injury and were never the same player again, so prob if he does not get injured badly he will crush Ronaldos all time goals (think he is passed half already)

Anyway I also find it low to blame Solskjaer for not getting him, the family themself said they only felt Solskjaer wanted him but not the board, United should just have given him same buy out as Dortmund and be confident enough that they could keep him after 2 seasons, but somehow this club is really proud and did not want to take the risk, we can regret it now, becaue best case is he get injured or is of to Spain in 3 years, but im afraid this topic will pop up alot the next seasons, really unbeliveble how he started in city.

-Sorry for the english, I dropped out of school at 16 and don't normaly write alot.

Ram1fy

While wishing injury is not going to cause anyone to be injured, it’s sad to see how miserable can be..

Polar

I see it repeated as a myth here again and again.
100% agree. Many people created their own story without knowing a shit: talking about “he was operated in his other foot”, “he played after the tackle”, and many other explanations. The Keane tackle definitely had a negative impact on Alfie Haaland’s career. People who still think the Keane tackle didn’t change anything should just ask Alfie himself.

That aside, it wouldn’t have affected Team Haaland’s choice. If Man Utd was Man C, Erling would’ve come here. Why shouldn’t Alfie have wanted the best for his son?

Cantona_7_

While wishing injury is not going to cause anyone to be injured, it’s sad to see how miserable can be..
If you refer to me I don't want him to get injuried because with him we (Norway) actually got a chance to qualify for the European championship in Germany in two years, he is the top scorer in National leauge and if he shoot us to glory against Serbia this month we will get a better seeding then we had for 20 years so we are in with a chance.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
It's a shame he went to that frigid team. It's so boring to watch them even with him

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
I too have no doubt that Alf and Raiola's people have pocketed a load of cash on this deal. City can't lose though, can they?
They get a generational striker for a minimum of 2-3 years and a huge profit on the transfer fee should Erling decide to walk.
Please don't make like United never pay "under the counter" money to get the players they want though.
They've been doing it for decades.

phelans shorts

I too have no doubt that Alf and Raiola's people have pocketed a load of cash on this deal. City can't lose though, can they?
They get a generational striker for a minimum of 2-3 years and a huge profit on the transfer fee should Erling decide to walk.
Please don't make like United never pay "under the counter" money to get the players they want though.
As much as the scale is very different, it always reminds me of Tommy Taylor transferring for £29,999 to avoid being a £30k player, then the extra quid going to the lady serving the tea at Barnsley.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
100% agree. Many people created their own story without knowing a shit: talking about “he was operated in his other foot”, “he played after the tackle”, and many other explanations. The Keane tackle definitely had a negative impact on Alfie Haaland’s career. People who still think the Keane tackle didn’t change anything should just ask Alfie himself.

That aside, it wouldn’t have affected Team Haaland’s choice. If Man Utd was Man C, Erling would’ve come here. Why shouldn’t Alfie have wanted the best for his son?
I dont care if Keane actual effect on Haaland. In his eyes Keane is a cnut playing for his Dad's rival who probably swept everything there is to win

Some of youse are too naive for the sake of it. We hate Liverpool for much less, let alone if Ian Rush or Daglish made that tackle to my Dad.

And here's people telling you it doesn't matter?

Financial, football wise, career etc all leads to city. The revenge part is cherry on the top

But...but... His dad says otherwise. The guy probably had more class than Roy Keane. Make no mistakes i love his cnut attitude, but still he's a cnut

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I don’t disagree it’s a great deal for City. They got a goal machine, the best goal scorer on the planet by some distance. As for United paying under the table, I think you are confusing that for paying over the odds. United have actually been thwarted several times because they refused to pay hidden fees. Benzema was one, Hazard was another. SAF just wouldn’t countenance the massive agent fees involved. Once we changed leadership, Woodward wasted no time going that route by the massive commissions he paid out for the Pogba deal.

The thing with City though, is that it seems fairly common knowledge at this point that they pay massive hidden sums in additional payments and wages. We saw the tip of that iceberg with the football leaks stuff, and you just know there is a ton of shady financial stuff going on behind the scenes with them. I think generally people just don’t care anymore, they’ll never be brought to heel on it as UEFA is toothless. Regarding Haaland, I’d be staggered if the final fee, including commissions is double the publicised number. City fans don’t care, and why should they? The hit the lottery and there’s no point on doing that if you don’t use your financial muscle.

You can call City whatever you want (not you personally obviously), they are financially doped to the hilt, but they also have a really good football structure and even though they spend without restraint or consequence, they also actually spend well. They’ve recruited some incredible talent over the years.

Personally I despise the likes of City and PSG with their financial doping and blood stained money, but they are here to stay, and I can’t blame the fans - even if I wish they’d acknowledge how distasteful their owners are - because they didn’t ask for it anymore than we asked for parasitic owners. What I don’t like are fans of these clubs loving and defending the owners because they are investing in something they have passion for, as though that erases all the other shit they’ve done. Just look at Newcastle fans dressed like Sheiks. Grotesque really.

The reality is that if United was taken over by Dubai, for example, there would be a large section of the fan base that would behave exactly the same way as City, Newcastle, and PSG fans; loving their owners who bring in world class players and build incredible infrastructure, and developing a selective conscience for the thousands of people that have died and continue to suffer at their hands. At the end of the day, no sport is worth surrendering your moral fortitude and compass.