Erling Haaland or Jadon Sancho?

Which player would represent a better signing for United in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Born2Lose

Have to be Haaland, using hipster forecasting the price of Sancho will already have reached 150m euros by January.

RashyForPM

Haaland by a mile. He’s better than Sancho, who will just take minutes from Greenwood, James (I still believe in his potential), Facundo and Diallo. Instead, Haaland will give Martial a boot up the ass and us the best finisher in the league. He’s a fantastic focal point who is absolutely rapid too, so we’ll have a plan B who’ll also be the main man.

No-brainer for me.

Haaland. The very best strikers almost always start scoring in big numbers within 2 to 3 years of entering a big league. Haaland did it in year 1, and in the last 3 years he's at exactly 1 goal per game. He's going to be something special.

Sancho is brilliant too, but he plays in a position where we already have plenty of talent.

beingshe7don

The entire world is gonna be after Haaland in 2 years time since his release clause is 75m and he would be potentially worth 100m (min) by then. I'm not sure if Amad Traore and Pellestri could come in and hit the ground running. I still think we need a RW that's able to create on his own out of nothing. Sancho depends mainly on one-twos to make an impact. Perhaps with Bruno and VDB, he would do great. It's a tough call to take.

Kaos

Haaland. The very best strikers almost always start scoring in big numbers within 2 to 3 years of entering a big league. Haaland did it in year 1, and in the last 3 years he's at exactly 1 goal per game. He's going to be something special.

Sancho is brilliant too, but he plays in a position where we already have plenty of talent.
Which talented RWs do we currently have? Greenwood is a striker, Dan James is clearly better on the left, Mata does a job there but not really a solution for us going forward.

Unless you're referring to Traore? Definitely a talent but we can't bank on an 18 year old with a handful of senior games to be our surefire solution there just yet.

RkkMan

Depends on how our players develop really. By next year we`ll have a clear picture of Diallo and Pellistri`s quality. If any of them especially the former show any signs of world class potential then there`s no point of getting Sancho to displace Rashford or any of the kids who develops at the best rate if not both. Greenwood is eventually expected to be a ST so by 2022 we`ll have a clear picture of whether he`s ready to lead the line and we all know his quality so as good a player as Haaland is there will be no use to go for him or Sancho if both Greenwood and Diallo/Pellistri develop well. I`d sooner develop what we have first and focus on other positions like DM and CB

RkkMan

Which talented RWs do we currently have? Greenwood is a striker, Dan James is clearly better on the left, Mata does a job there but not really a solution for us going forward.

Unless you're referring to Traore? Definitely a talent but we can't bank on an 18 year old with a handful of senior games to be our surefire solution there just yet.
TBF Sancho at 17 joined BVB and went into the first team quickly with zero first team appearances and became a regular starter at just 18.You never know how these players grow and develop there is never a specific formula if the talent is there

Deery

Dreary
Haaland I think he’s already world class the way he finishes, you’d have to go along way to find anyone as good for their age.

Don’t know if he will come though think he will be after certain trophies next club he joins. Real, City, Liverpool maybe..

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Something tells me there's going to be multiple opportunites to sign Haaland throughout his career, I can't envision the same for Sancho. Purely a gut feeling though.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
The Norwegian Lukaku, or whatever he was called on here because he's a big boy.

Sancho plays all across the forward line. I'm not saying we shouldn't get him if we can, but we do have players there.

Haaland is unlike anybody we have in the team and looks likely to be the world's best striker for the next 10 years.

Amarsdd

Haaland all day, not really this January but next summer or even the summer after. Actually I had completely forgotten about Sancho since the transfer window ended. Has he even gotten over his injury and played for Dortmund?

Kaos

TBF Sancho at 17 joined BVB and went into the first team quickly with zero first team appearances and became a regular starter at just 18.You never know how these players grow and develop there is never a specific formula if the talent is there
Thats true, but I don't think Dortmund expected him to be a regular for them so soon. Its possible we might see a similar quick ascension with Traore, but it would be foolish for us to bank on it.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Haaland is what we badly need in some games. We still waste too many chances and have no little to no physical or areal threat in the box with Martial or Rashford. Cavani is a decent stopgap until we can go for Haaland who I believe will be the best striker in the world over the next few years.

AlwaysTheKop

Supports
Liverpool
I’d give anything to have Haaland, one of those once in a generation freaks of nature. Pretty sure he’s not human and manufactured.

Brophs

The One and Only
Sancho. Greenwood is great and all but we need to solve the right wing spot once and for all and I genuinely don’t think we’ll see Greenwood playing there every week in a couple of years.

That said, I don’t think we’ll get either so my answer is Dominic Solanke.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Haaland and it's a no brainer for me. The guy will bang in goals wherever he goes and is destined for greatness. He simply loves the big stage and thrives of pressure. We're looking at a 25-30 league goal striker every season for the next decade.

I've watched almost every Dortmund game since Haaland joined, and obviously watched all United games, and the difference in CF play between him and our forwards is staggering. He's a menace for 90 minutes. His anticipation and instinct is something else. He never switches off and is always on his toes waiting for any kind of sniff. Our forwards aren't like that. This is a guy who scored 9 goals in an U20 WC game and was genuinely distraught in his post-match interview because he felt he should have scored 11. Doesn't matter how many he has scored in the game, he is rarely satisfied and always wants one more. There are extremely few players per generation with that kind of mentality.

For me the jury is still out on Sancho. His CL record is poor and the little I've seen in an England shirt hasn't been particularly impressive. So the only reference point is the Bundesliga. Makes you wonder, how good is he actually? Over the past decade there have been far more excellent Dortmund players who went on to flop than succeed when they got a bigger move. So many system players who couldn't follow it up when they moved to a different environment. How do we know he isn't a Götze/Mkhi/Kagawa, rather than a Lewa/Auba? With Haaland it's quite easy to see he fits into the latter category.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love Sancho here too but I have no problems understanding why we didn't pay the asking price. My issue has more to do with why we turned it into a shitshow sage instead of making a clear stance early and swiftly moving onto other targets.

Idxomer

Haaland.

Sancho would be another United player who's out of control.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah Haaland for me. I’ve seen more that I like from him. He seems more like a leader to me, which is what we need more of on the pitch.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Haaland would be great. A proper United striker worthy of the history on that position at your club. Im sure Sancho is brilliant, but it's almost a lost art to have a guy up front who just kicks balls into the goal a lot without any of the prancing and mucking about with rainbowflicks and whatnot.

El Zoido

Haaland, no question. Would be a dream signing honestly. I could see us breaking our transfer record for him, but definitely not in January.

cyberman

I have my doubts over Sancho. I really think Dortmund will regret turnng down a 100m deal as the months go by

stevoc

Haaland by a mile. He’s better than Sancho, who will just take minutes from Greenwood, James (I still believe in his potential), Facundo and Diallo. Instead, Haaland will give Martial a boot up the ass and us the best finisher in the league. He’s a fantastic focal point who is absolutely rapid too, so we’ll have a plan B who’ll also be the main man.

No-brainer for me.
Sancho a winger will take minutes from young striker Greenwood. Ok.

But Haaland a striker won’t take minutes from young striker Greenwood?