Erling Haaland or Jadon Sancho?

Which player would represent a better signing for United in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mylock

Neither of these players will be signing, this a pointless thread. Anyone that believes these transfers will happen I are dreamers. We are haemorrhage money at the moment.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Haaland has City written all over him for me.

Plus the greasy Riola cnut can go feck himself.

Plus I can't see why Haaland would fancy United if he has his pick of clubs

Bwuk

Haaland has City written all over him for me.

Plus the greasy Riola cnut can go feck himself.

Plus I can't see why Haaland would fancy United if he has his pick of clubs
I think City too but I don’t think he’d be Peps first choice, so hopefully that influences it.

troylocker

Never deal with Raiola again

I don't care if he offer us Messi reincarnated, stay away
Would you rather not win the league or chase CL again than sign a Raiola player?
He does represent all the best players out there after all. You won't find a player out there not reprecented by a manager that works fulltime trying to maximize his profit. If a player is happy and the team is performing well he will stay no matter who his manager is. Feck pride and hurt feelings if you ask me, being butthurt and insisting on remaining butthurt has never helped anyone.

RkkMan

Would you rather not win the league or chase CL again than sign a Raiola player?
He does represent all the best players out there after all. You won't find a player out there not reprecented by a manager that works fulltime trying to maximize his profit. If a player is happy and the team is performing well he will stay no matter who his manager is. Feck pride and hurt feelings if you ask me, being butthurt and insisting on remaining butthurt has never helped anyone.
How many Chelsea/Liverpool/Madrid/Barca players are owned by Raiola? Is he the only agent with world class players? He doesn`t have to be the benchmark for EVERY good player on the market you know

romufc

Raiola represents like 5 of the players. Pogba, De Ligt, Haaland, Donnarumma and Veratti. So no he doesn't represent all the best players.

So, wasn't Pogba happy at Juve before joining Manutd? Is that why he wants to go back? because he was unhappy there?

De Ligt actually wanted to go to Barcelona, Raiola chose Juve because of the money.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Nonsense, he doesn't represent all the best players out there. He represents Haaland, Pogba, Verratti, Romagnoli, Thuram, De Ligt and a few other notable players (he has dozens of clients) but only a few players we could ever be truly interested in that missing out on would potentially prevent a club from being successful. I think Barcelona have 'no Raiola' policy as well.

troylocker

How many Chelsea/Liverpool/Madrid/Barca players are owned by Raiola? Is he the only agent with world class players? He doesn`t have to be the benchmark for EVERY good player on the market you know
Raiola represents like 5 of the players. Pogba, De Ligt, Haaland, Donnarumma and Veratti. So no he doesn't represent all the best players.

So, wasn't Pogba happy at Juve before joining Manutd? Is that why he wants to go back? because he was unhappy there?

De Ligt actually wanted to go to Barcelona, Raiola chose Juve because of the money.
You got me on all the best players. A lot of good players would be more accurate.
Raiola works for his clients, not the other way around, but yes he can be a cnut. A managers job is pretty much to look after their clients interests and maximize the profit, this is what they all do. Unhappy clients will make you unemployed. So he will not force his players to do anything they don't want to do.

Any manager will try to make the best deal for the clubs and players he works for and fill their own pockets while doing it, that's just how it works.

Pogba's ego is the case of Pogba.
He convinced De Ligt to choose Juventus, but he has no power to make these decisions for his clients.

Who is representing a player shouldn't mean anything if the player is the one we want and need.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Amazing how Bayern, City, Liverpool, Real Madrid and Barcelona have all managed to be successful without dealing with him isn't it?

romufc

You got me on all the best players. A lot of good players would be more accurate.
Raiola works for his clients, not the other way around, but yes he can be a cnut. A managers job is pretty much to look after their clients interests and maximize the profit, this is what they all do. Unhappy clients will make you unemployed. So he will not force his players to do anything they don't want to do.

Any manager will try to make the best deal for the clubs and players he works for and fill their own pockets while doing it, that's just how it works.

Pogba's ego is the case of Pogba.
He convinced De Ligt to choose Juventus, but he has no power to make these decisions for his clients.

Who is representing a player shouldn't mean anything if the player is the one we want and need.
So he is the only agent that tries to get the most money?

He has like 2 of the best players if that. Anytime any of his players comes to a contract renewal, he comes out with stories.
He done the same with Donnuruma before he signed his contract.

He convinced De Ligt because when you have someone who tells a 19 year old you can go Barca for £180k or Juve for £280k a week, the decision is made easier.

troylocker

Amazing how Bayern, City, Liverpool, Real Madrid and Barcelona have all managed to be successful without dealing with him isn't it?
If we want a player and he wants to come, it shouldn't matter who his manager is. Both these players are possible gamechangers. I think Haaland will be the best striker in the world for the next decade and a half, and whoever gets his signature will win a lot of silverware and attract a lot of talent. I would be willing to deal with a manager I consider a cnut to make this happen.

troylocker

So he is the only agent that tries to get the most money?

He has like 2 of the best players if that. Anytime any of his players comes to a contract renewal, he comes out with stories.
He done the same with Donnuruma before he signed his contract.

He convinced De Ligt because when you have someone who tells a 19 year old you can go Barca for £180k or Juve for £280k a week, the decision is made easier.
I think all managers do that. It's their job.
I don't like his methods either, but if we need to deal with him to get the players we want, then so be it.

Wilt

Though despite his agent, all the above clubs and several others (including Utd) will be after Haaland‘s signature.

It’ll be a bidding war and Raiola knows it ....he’s got the ace hand.

charlenefan

Though despite his agent, all the above clubs and several others (including Utd) will be after Haaland‘s signature.

When was the last player of Raiola's any of those sides signed? Zlatan at Barca?

charlenefan

When was the last time a Raiola client stayed with a club if the was was any good.
The regularity of his clients moves from club to club is the reason so many don't touch go near him. I don't think it's anything to do with the talent of the player

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid

Absolutely.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I think it's small-time to focus on a player's agent as a reason not to go for him, especially a talent like Haaland. Big clubs deal with situations like this all of the time, and let's say by some miracle Haaland chose to come to United over all the other options, and the club gets him for a few years then Raiola starts his little dance routine, what's the big deal? If Haaland is happy, he'll stay, if he's not he leaves for a profit for United (most likely), and having gotten some years of service from him. I just don't see how anyone can justify not going for him because of his agent, it's just really stupid, but I guess I'm not surprised someone like Neville would say something that daft.

With the Pogba situation, United mishandled it from the moment they let him go for free then paid a world record fee to bring him back. Especially a player like Pogba who is not going to transform a club from the center of the park and needs a lot more support from the club and manager to make an impact than a striker like Haaland would.

DanClancy

Haven't seen anything of Dortmund this season but just had a quick look at Sancho's stats this season and doesn't look like he's hit the heights of last season, they'll be doing well to get the £100m they wanted for him last summer. Has there been any talk of him signing a new contract?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Haven't seen anything of Dortmund this season but just had a quick look at Sancho's stats this season and doesn't look like he's hit the heights of last season, they'll be doing well to get the £100m they wanted for him last summer. Has there been any talk of him signing a new contract?
He's been frankly nowhere near his best. Clearly unhappy that he didn't get the chance to leave and was out of favour with Favre but the end.

Dortmund should have snapped our arms off for the offer we gave them, they won't get close to 100m anymore. No talk of him signing a new deal - he doesn't want to stay there.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I think it's small-time to focus on a player's agent as a reason not to go for him, especially a talent like Haaland. Big clubs deal with situations like this all of the time, and let's say by some miracle Haaland chose to come to United over all the other options, and the club gets him for a few years then Raiola starts his little dance routine, what's the big deal? If Haaland is happy, he'll stay, if he's not he leaves for a profit for United (most likely), and having gotten some years of service from him. I just don't see how anyone can justify not going for him because of his agent, it's just really stupid, but I guess I'm not surprised someone like Neville would say something that daft.

With the Pogba situation, United mishandled it from the moment they let him go for free then paid a world record fee to bring him back. Especially a player like Pogba who is not going to transform a club from the center of the park and needs a lot more support from the club and manager to make an impact than a striker like Haaland would.
I feel your phrasing here will find little support amongst the rank and file.

Son

I have my doubts over Sancho. I really think Dortmund will regret turnng down a 100m deal as the months go by
I have no doubts at all about Sancho. He was Dortmund’s best player last few seasons and is a great talent.

Haaland is a beast but his agent Raiola I could really do without truth be told at our club.

Can’t see him coming here anyways with his contacts. His father played for City and his agent can’t wait to fly Pogba out of United. Why would he send his new client here?

gajender

I have no doubts at all about Sancho. He was Dortmund’s best player last few seasons and is a great talent.

Haaland is a beast but his agent Raiola I could really do without truth be told at our club.

Can’t see him coming here anyways with his contacts. His father played for City and his agent can’t wait to fly Pogba out of United. Why would he send his new client here?
Because it may be difficult concept for some to grasp here but Agent's do bidding on behalf of the players not the other way round , if Haaland wants to come to United Raiola would do his best to get him to United irrespective of his other clients situation with United.

croadyman

He's been frankly nowhere near his best. Clearly unhappy that he didn't get the chance to leave and was out of favour with Favre but the end.

Dortmund should have snapped our arms off for the offer we gave them, they won't get close to 100m anymore. No talk of him signing a new deal - he doesn't want to stay there.
Could get him for around £70-75m though if this poor season continues then

united for life

I've been reading some of the last posts and it seems this threat has drifted to a discussion about Raiola. I'll try to take it back to Haaland vs Sancho.

Well, our main problem in my opinion is having a #9. Although Martial has done relatively well last year filling that position (especially post COVID break), I genuinely don't think he is a pure striker that can get us the number of goal return we'd want. This season, so far, has been a proof. When we had Cavani on the pitch, we saw the difference. Martial is the kind of player who likes to run in spaces, drops back a bit to take the ball for a good run, he is not a proper striker. Most of the time, you'd find him outside the box. He isn't good heading the ball either.

Although I think we need a right winger, I believe a striker is a priority. Cavani isn't here for the long term. He's already 33. Haaland would be a perfect signing. His stile of play and physical ability fit the premier league. He has charisma, a big personality on the pitch. Imagine what having someone like him in the box.

Reactions: VeevaVee

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The Twitter experts saying he had a shocker for Dortmund last night, anyone watch?
Only second half but all Dortmund players were shocking. Well, they have been shocking recently. Haaland is injured

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He seems very demotivated recently - but he needs to fix that if he wants United to come back for him. I can't see us splashing out anything over 60/70m right now for him.

Red00012

This is easy don’t sign Sancho unless we get him for maximum £50 million and Haaland has said his dream is to win Ballon d’Or and the champs league so we can forget about him.

OldTrevil

Imagine we're owned by a sugar daddy with lots of stock in vaccine and pharmaceutical companies making a killing off the pandemic, we then go for both Harlaand and Sancho, and ultimately turn the standard of playing in our attack to ballon d'or level performances :lol:

Mylock

We have missed the boat with Haaland; there is no way we'll be getting him. His agent is poison; we should never do business with him after the pogba circus. My prediction is he'll go to either Bayern, Juve or Madrid in the next 18 to 24 months, as all these clubs will be looking to replace their no 9's.
As for Sancho, I'm not sure if he the right fit for us, he had a chance to force a transfer during the summer. Hugely talented and ideal for the right-wing but I'm sceptical of players that look to move clubs as much as he has for one so young.

justsomebloke

I've nothing against investing big money in Sancho, but I would definitely prefer Haaland. Unless injuries get him, he's going to be unbelievable for the next 10-15 years - he has a real potential to become the best striker in club history. And yes, I thought twice before writing that. Unfortunately, it seems likely that the same factors who stood in the way the last time he moved will continue to be obstacles. Also, though Solskjær was the one who set him on his present course when he brought him to Molde, you'd have to wonder if family history favors a move to United. It was after all Roy Keane who ended his dad's career with what amounted to intentional assault. I just hope and pray he doesn't end up with City.

croadyman

I've nothing against investing big money in Sancho, but I would definitely prefer Haaland. Unless injuries get him, he's going to be unbelievable for the next 10-15 years - he has a real potential to become the best striker in club history. And yes, I thought twice before writing that. Unfortunately, it seems likely that the same factors who stood in the way the last time he moved will continue to be obstacles. Also, though Solskjær was the one who set him on his present course when he brought him to Molde, you'd have to wonder if family history favors a move to United. It was after all Roy Keane who ended his dad's career with what amounted to intentional assault. I just hope and pray he doesn't end up with City.
I would be all for signing this guy if he wasn't represented by that snake who has caused no end of trouble while Pogba has been at the club

justsomebloke

Roy Keane did not end his career.
I wasn't even aware this was an issue, or that that would be a controversial statement. He never really recovered from the injury, at least. Just out of curiosity, how do you figure Roy Keane did not end his career?

And anyway, the point in this context is how Alf Inge Håland sees the matter.

passing-wind

If Dortmund didn't have a clause in the Haaland contract for him to be released I think he would undoubtedly cost more than Sancho. But there is going to be a ridiculous amount of competition for his signature. I'm pretty sure Madrid will look towards him unless Mbappe moves the other way and City all but guaranteed to be interested to an extent. I can't see them overpaying for the player especially in wages.

Bobade

I wasn't even aware this was an issue, or that that would be a controversial statement. He never really recovered from the injury, at least. Just out of curiosity, how do you figure Roy Keane did not end his career?

And anyway, the point in this context is how Alf Inge Håland sees the matter.

Let's say Roy Keane did end his career. Does Roy Keane play for Manchester United now ?

It would be absolutely ridiculously petty for a man to counsel his son not to join a club because he was tackled by a player from that club about 20 years ago.