Erling Haaland or Jadon Sancho?

Which player would represent a better signing for United in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
When will people learn that majority of journalists are now little more than market manipulation devices for agents, and don't get a lot of inside info from clubs anymore?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think sancho is class but there’s lots of good wide men out there, but not a lot of great strikers.

Haaland is a MUST.

Adam-Utd

Yeah if only it was realistic would certainly be a no brainer
We need to make sure we are fighting for the top next year, this summer we should get sancho so it gives haaland more confidence that he’ll get a good supply.

we can pay him what he wants/deserves and I suspect England is where he wants to be. It’s us or city IMO.

croadyman

We need to make sure we are fighting for the top next year, this summer we should get sancho so it gives haaland more confidence that he’ll get a good supply.

we can pay him what he wants/deserves and I suspect England is where he wants to be. It’s us or city IMO.
So you reckon the article today is purely us showing we are willing to walk away from Jadon deal to get a lower price

Adam-Utd

So you reckon the article today is purely us showing we are willing to walk away from Jadon deal to get a lower price
Yeah no chance do we go public with that, seems more of a “we won’t be overpaying like you wanted last year” I wouldn’t be surprised if he made it up anyway. Since when do we go into reasons and excuses of why we aren’t interested?

We need a winger and a striker and he obviously isn’t feeling amad is ready yet either.

Waynne

Really though, imagine Utd having Haaland up top. Would be glorious.
Would be good but for strikers to be effective, they have to have good service.
Currently only Bruno can consistently provide that service so I'd rather us invest in good RW and LW forwards.
Rashford is not reliable and Martial has gone off a cliff.

macheda14

Does Haaland even want to come to United?
If we finish second in the league and pay him well. He might very well want to especially with Ole still being here. He’s still incredibly young and can move clubs in the future.

Bearded One

Not often do you get generational talents like Haaland in football. Haaland vs Sancho is a no-contest. Mbappe vs Haaland is more like it. I believe the relationship between Haaland and Ole when both were at Molde was very good. I hope we can cash in on this to bring him here.

I think this is a signing that can really push us to an elite level and help us win the league. This potential transfer by itself has the potency to win us the league just like the Robin Van Parsie transfer.

Gazza

If there's any truth to this, then this would in my opinion be arguably the biggest mistake we've made in the past 10 years. Both missing out on a world class 20 year old English creative right winger (which is desperately needed as our front line is all forwards/scorers now, not creators), but also shoehorning a world class striker prospect out wide where he'd develop into nothing more than an average winger. It would be an absolutely terrible move. Greenwood on the right doesn't compliment Rashford on the left with a striker through the middle, and our fullbacks our midfielders at all. Greenwood from an individual level doesn't play like a wide player at all, he's a striker playing wide and not having the natural winger movement, so as a result, he pretty much doesn't create anything and doesn't create for himself playing out there. He's a good player, so he'll work hard and be tidy, but thats all he'll ever be as a right winger. So it would be idiotic to develop him like that and pass on a world class prospect.
Agree with this

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
It's like the battle to get Shearer. We failed but yet lived on to prosper well. Plus Shearer didn't have such a vile agent.

CG1010

I have a feeling the club would look to get one more seasons out of Cavani and cultivate Greenwood for CF position. And its Sancho who we would go after.

sglowrider

I have a feeling the club would look to get one more seasons out of Cavani and cultivate Greenwood for CF position. And its Sancho who we would go after.
Especially if riola is asking for 300k/week. It will be Sanchez all over again

UpWithRivers

Didnt Ole a fellow countryman and former coach get on a private jet and beg him and his dad to sign and he told us to fk off? He has Real or Barca ambitions and Dortmund was his perfect career path. He will stay a year or two then go there I reckon. Or he will go to City or any other club than United. Either way it doesnt look good for us. Sancho actually wants to play for us.
So If I were to pick from the two - Haaland. If I were to pick who I think has any possibility of coming - Sancho.

sglowrider

Didnt Ole a fellow countryman and former coach get on a private jet and beg him and his dad to sign and he told us to fk off? He has Real or Barca ambitions and Dortmund was his perfect career path. He will stay a year or two then go there I reckon. Or he will go to City or any other club than United. Either way it doesnt look good for us. Sancho actually wants to play for us.
So If I were to pick from the two - Haaland. If I were to pick who I think has any possibility of coming - Sancho.
If Amad shows potential, then Haaland will be a bigger 'need' unless Martial makes some complete personality change.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Gut feeling tells me that we will sign Sancho and Halaand will go to Bayern, City or Madrid (next summer).

Grande

Given that the top clubs of Europe will go around €20b in the red this year, and we’re a debt ridden income driven top club, I think it seems very unlikely we’re going to be able to buy anyone of that economic value before at least another year.

Clubs will not want to sell their best assets in this dire market less they have to, and only the despot/oligarch clubs will have access to funds to compete for the ones running down contracts.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
When will people learn that majority of journalists are now little more than market manipulation devices for agents, and don't get a lot of inside info from clubs anymore?
Ornstein is pretty good. Doesn't post a lot of BS

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I would be happy with that. What we need are creators, and we do not have a top class RW. Greenwood could potentially become very good as our main striker, and I can even see Martial improving a lot if he gets service from the right.
As impressive as Haaland has been right now I would go for Sancho.

Judas

Open to offers
I would be happy with that. What we need are creators, and we do not have a top class RW. Greenwood could potentially become very good as our main striker, and I can even see Martial improving a lot if he gets service from the right.
As impressive as Haaland has been right now I would go for Sancho.
Martial would have to start making runs to benefit from any sort of right winger.

Handré1990

A lot of talk about service to the striker in here. It’s been pointed out repeatedly how badly our strikers have done this year, even Cavani with how little he’s played. No mention of how much more space Haaland would create for Bruno, Rashford, Greenwood etc. As opposed to Martial doing his best impression of a column.

SAFMUTD

Gut feeling tells me that we will sign Sancho and Halaand will go to Bayern, City or Madrid (next summer).
Bayern has Lewandowski who eventhough is 32 is still at his peak, arguable the worlds best player. I don't think Haaland will arrive Bayern, at least not in the next 2 years. For me its between Madrid and City, both need him have the money and are have attractive enough projects for Haaland.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Bayern has Lewandowski who eventhough is 32 is still at his peak, arguable the worlds best player. I don't think Haaland will arrive Bayern, at least not in the next 2 years. For me its between Madrid and City, both need him have the money and are have attractive enough projects for Haaland.
Lewandowski will decline soon. He's going to be 33 at the start of last season. Bayern's quality as a team and dominance of Bundesliga will prolong his goalscoring rate but that club know when to let go of top players. And playing in Germany and being used to the culture I can definitely see Haaland preferring Bayern as his next move. He'll still have time to further step up to a club like Madrid if he fancies it and proves to be good enough of course.

Then again, his agent is Raiola so money will matter.

jackal&hyde

I still think Sancho is the more important one. Our front players are all goal scorers IMO, Cavani, Rashford, Martial (not this season i know) and Greenwood is a future nr. 9. Sancho is a more creative player that would bring a lot of balance to our attack imo.

croadyman

I still think Sancho is the more important one. Our front players are all goal scorers IMO, Cavani, Rashford, Martial (not this season i know) and Greenwood is a future nr. 9. Sancho is a more creative player that would bring a lot of balance to our attack imo.
If we weren't talking about a monster striker like Haaland then would agree with you

troylocker

Sancho this summer and Halaand the next when his release clause comes in to effect :)
You do realize that we haven't scored one single goal from open play against City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs or Leicester this season? We have a big gaping hole, the size of a major trophy, in the #9 posisiton in our team. Haaland will most likely leave Dortmund this summer, and if he doesn't, he will break every sign on fee and wage record when signing for one of 12 suitors next summer. We must do whatever we can to sign him this summer with COVID making it hard for many clubs to go for him. It'll cost us, but it'll be worth every penny.
I'd like to sign Sancho too, but don't think we can afford both this summer.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
You do realize that we haven't scored one single goal from open play against City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs or Leicester this season? We have a big gaping hole, the size of a major trophy, in the #9 posisiton in our team. Haaland will most likely leave Dortmund this summer, and if he doesn't, he will break every sign on fee and wage record when signing for one of 12 suitors next summer. We must do whatever we can to sign him this summer with COVID making it hard for many clubs to go for him. It'll cost us, but it'll be worth every penny.
I'd like to sign Sancho too, but don't think we can afford both this summer.
It’s not like we’ve created tons of chances that our strikers failed to convert. We have more players that can score goals (when in form) than players that can consistently create good chances. Bruno is an elite creator, Pogba is very good when he’s fit and motivated (so, not very often), and the rest of our attackers that still play (so, no Mata) are all focused on scoring first.

buckooo1978

Love Haaland but 3 and a half years into a 5 year contract that's when Raiola starts getting itchy feet

If I had the chance to take Haaland even with that proviso I'd still take him but given an option of him or Sancho I think I'd spare myself the hassle

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
It’s not like we’ve created tons of chances that our strikers failed to convert. We have more players that can score goals (when in form) than players that can consistently create good chances. Bruno is an elite creator, Pogba is very good when he’s fit and motivated (so, not very often), and the rest of our attackers that still play (so, no Mata) are all focused on scoring first.
so just to be clear the only players who have assisted more than Rashford this season are
KDB, Kane, Bruno , Graelish and Son
16 teams dont have anybody who has assisted as many goals as our 2nd highest
from that list Son and Kane are probably primarily focused on scoring as well but does not stop them being effective creators - Rashford is developing into a really sounded forward and he adds a lot t our options in attack - hes hit some great through balls this season as well as having the ability to run at people

troylocker

Greenwood, Cavani, Martial and Rashford have played a combined 4375 minutes in the CF/striker position this season and has scored 22 goals and assisted 15 goals in total from that position. On average a goal every 199 minutes, or a goal contribution every 118 minutes.

Rashford: 7 goals in 1027 minutes as CF - a goal per 146 minutes. 3 assists as CF - a goal or assist every 103 minutes
Cavani: 7 goals in 1264 minutes as CF - a goal per 180 minutes. 2 assists as CF - a goal or assist every 140 minutes
Martial: 7 goals in 1670 minutes as CF - a goal per 239 minutes. 8 assists as CF - a goal or assist every 111 minutes
Greenwood: 1 goal in 414 minutes as CF. 2 assists as CF - a goal or assist every 138 minutes.

Haaland: Has scored 27 and assisted 8 in 2222 minutes this season from the CF/striker posisiton. A goal every 82 minutes or a goal contribution every 63 minutes.

The difference in endproduct in mindblowing.

Imagine Haaland leading that attacking line....