Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

• Salzburg open to selling Norwegian striker in summer
  • Club hope market value will be €60m after his season

Manchester United and Juventus head a queue of more than 20 clubs monitoring the progress of Erling Braut Haaland, with Red Bull Salzburg open to selling him in the summer.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Offer 80mil to bring him in January.

Red_Orchestra

Let the bidding war begin! And we'll end up under bidding with a €40m plus €20m in installments or add-ons

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Let the bidding war begin! And we'll end up under bidding with a €40m plus €20m in installments or add-ons
Honestly I have absolutely no idea where these sort of jokes come from.

It’s like there’s a type of post that people assume they can make about Woodward and the club but and everyone will get it but that type of post hasn’t been completely agreed upon yet.

“We will probably be really cheap and offer £2 and a packet of biscuits because Woodwood, amirite guys?!”

“He’s available for £50m but Woodward will probably negotiate it to £80m before paying £150m because he’s rubbish at negotiating and we always pay way too much for players, amirite guys?!”

Cliche Guevara

It’s like there’s a type of post that people assume they can make about Woodward and the club but and everyone will get it but that type of post hasn’t been completely agreed upon yet.

“We will probably be really cheap and offer £2 and a packet of biscuits because Woodwood, amirite guys?!”

“He’s available for £50m but Woodward will probably negotiate it to £80m before paying £150m because he’s rubbish at negotiating and we always pay way too much for players, amirite guys?!”
Admin might need to remind people this isn’t Social Media and there isn’t a ‘cheap-like’ button.

As you say, which is it? Do we pay too much every single time or do we offer far too low every single time? I’d love to know.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I wonder if he'll go to RB Leipzig for a year or two before ultimately moving to one of the giant clubs. Take that significant step up into the Bundesliga while staying at a club with similar culture and ties to his current one. Timo Werner is always being linked to move on, so Haaland might go there to replace him.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Admin might need to remind people this isn’t Social Media and there isn’t a ‘cheap-like’ button.

As you say, which is it? Do we pay too much every single time or do we offer far too low every single time? I’d love to know.
I’ve referred to him before as Schrodinger’s Woodward. Simultaneously known for spending too much on players while also never spending enough on players.

Champagne Football

Fluid and interchangeable front three with any of Martial, Rashford, Greenwood, James, Haaland and Sancho works for me and could work for a decade if they all reach their potential.
Try to come back from fantasy-land for a while. We all want Erling and Jadon but getting even one of them might never happen. Sancho's agent has said he'll only leave for a top 4 team. There's every chance Haaland will only go to a top 4 team too, unless his bond with Ole is so great that he wants to work with him again.

This time last year, the general feeling on here was that it would be easy enough to sign Sancho, Rice, Rabiot, De Ligt and Luka Jovic. It never happened.

On the flip-side, there will be plenty of talented alternatives to Sancho and Haaland. Mousa Dembele, Dani Olmo, Jarrod Bowen, Chukwueze etc

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Unpopular opinion, but I'd rather get Haaland than Sancho. My mate met and ex Arsenal player at a charity event the other night and he was slagging of Emery to the hills saying he was a fraud, but also stopped to say Sancho is an arrogant little twat who thinks he's too big time for post match interviews and the like.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Unpopular opinion, but I'd rather get Haaland than Sancho. My mate met and ex Arsenal player at a charity event the other night and he was slagging of Emery to the hills saying he was a fraud, but also stopped to say Sancho is an arrogant little twat who thinks he's too big time for post match interviews and the like.
Let’s make your mate DOF

ROFLUTION

Can someone please point me to the good Haaland compilation?

In what I've seen he's basically just poached goals in from a close distance with plenty of space and bad defending. Not impressed he's a potential world beater so far.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Austrian press today (Krone - biggest newspaper here) says that a contract is already signed with us.
Representatives from RB Salzburg have of course denied but only half-heartedly so maybe there is some truth in it.
This newspaper and some of the journalists are usually pretty close to Mateschitz and everything related to RB.

v0latile

In what I've seen he's basically just poached goals in from a close distance with plenty of space and bad defending. Not impressed he's a potential world beater so far.
well, aren't we badly need a good poacher right now?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Austrian press today (Krone - biggest newspaper here) says that a contract is already signed with us.
Representatives from RB Salzburg have of course denied but only half-heartedly so maybe there is some truth in it.
This newspaper and some of the journalists are usually pretty close to Mateschitz and everything related to RB.
:drool:

Ban

Don't do this to me.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Given that he has actually done both of these things in the past, surely it doesn’t take that much working out?

It’s just another way of saying he’s generally clueless, and I can’t say I’m too bothered.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Strange how so many people are so sure about a kid playing in the Austrian league

I didn't even know Austria even had a semi competitive league

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Strange how so many people are so sure about a kid playing in the Austrian league

I didn't even know Austria even had a semi competitive league
Guess you ignore him scoring against Napoli, Genk and Liverpool in the CL then?

Dinghy

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
60m for a teenager who’s playing in Austria and has scored a total of 23 senior goals is an insane amount of money.

davidmichael

Try to come back from fantasy-land for a while. We all want Erling and Jadon but getting even one of them might never happen. Sancho's agent has said he'll only leave for a top 4 team. There's every chance Haaland will only go to a top 4 team too, unless his bond with Ole is so great that he wants to work with him again.

This time last year, the general feeling on here was that it would be easy enough to sign Sancho, Rice, Rabiot, De Ligt and Luka Jovic. It never happened.

On the flip-side, there will be plenty of talented alternatives to Sancho and Haaland. Mousa Dembele, Dani Olmo, Jarrod Bowen, Chukwueze etc
Who thought we were getting all of Sancho, De Ligt, Rice, Rabiot and Jovic ? I know I certainly didn’t, it seemed to me that Wan-Bissaka and Maguire were our top two targets and Woodward dithered all summer so we didn’t get time to sign a striker to replace Lukaku.

Next summer I certainly expect us to sign four players which would be a right sided attacker, a playmaking midfielder, a defensive midfielder and a striker. Maybe signing Sancho would be difficult and will cost £100 million but signing Haaland from an Austrian side shouldn’t be seen as “fantasy land” especially seeing as Ole has a relationship with Haaland already and it’s known we need a striker to replace Lukaku.

Not sure what our net spend was in the summer but I believe it was about £70 million so clearly there’s money available, if Salzburg were to go out of the Champions League in the group stages then it’s possible to sign Haaland in January meaning it’s one less transfer for Woodward to have to try concluding in the summer.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He’s really ugly though.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Guess you ignore him scoring against Napoli, Genk and Liverpool in the CL then?
No you guess wrong. I'm fully aware of it but that's still a very small sample size of games for everyone to be so convinced about him

Cloud7

Cocks out or are we holding them in for now?

Status
Not open for further replies.